Meatless Monday and Christmas Love

by Meg on November 28, 2011

Happy Monday everyone Open-mouthed smile Did anyone enjoy a meatless meal today in celebration of Meatless Monday? Smile

I have a wonderful beet salad recipe to share with all of you as my meatless meal this week Smile It’s a great salad to serve when you have guests over; it is classy and very tasty, but simple to prepare! I also developed a homemade vinaigrette that accompanies this salad perfectly Smile

scallops 024

1 cup basil leaves, loosely packed

2 TBSP water

2 TBSP white vinegar

6 TBSP extra virgin olive oil

sea salt

freshly ground pepper

Add all ingredients into blender (or Magic Bullet!) and blend. Use as salad dressing on Beet Salad.

My Mom and I love beets, so we both thoroughly enjoyed this salad Smile Hopefully you will, too! Smile

Today was another wonderful day with my Mom Smile School was even wonderful today, too! I had my favourite class, Nutritional and Dietary Assessment, this morning and we learnt all about nutrition during pregnancy Smile It was so interesting Smile It is definitely an area that I am wanting to learn much more about which is great because one of my courses next term, Nutrition Throughout the Lifecycles, is all about how nutrition changes throughout the lifecycle!

After class, my Mom and I spent our time doing more Christmas shopping Smile Most of our purchases were decorations for my Christmas tree! We spent a ton of time finding the perfect decorations at Canadian Tire Smile
I only had lights on my Christmas tree before, but now it is beautifully decorated Smile

christmastree 006

christmastree 007

We found cute little Christmas birdies to clip on my tree!

christmastree 008

christmastree 009

christmastree 012

christmastree 026

And that’s the finished product! Smile I think it’s pretty good for my first very own Christmas tree Winking smile

My Mom and I will be watching the new Two and a Half Men tonight! Is anyone else going to be watching it tonight?

I think I will get to bed early tonight as I am already feeling a little sleepy Winking smile I want to be well rested for the gym tomorrow Smile It’s back and biceps training, so I will be sharing a new routine with you! Last week I had a chance to test my new routine out and my biceps were screaming by the end Winking smile
So get ready for a good one!

xoxoxoxoxo

Appreciate!

My Mom got to meet one of my best friends tonight Smile I am so thankful for having such great friends Smile

Alexandra November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Your tree is SO cute! Those little puffy white birds are the perfect touch :) Have a wonderful evening with your momma!

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie November 28, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Ohh that salad looks amazing! And that tree is so cute!! Congrats on your first one!

Meg (A Dash of Meg) November 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Thanks love :)

Christina @ The Athletarian November 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM

You look so cute in all of these pictures! Your tree looks fabulous! Have an amazing night and a great workout tomorrow morning!! Bring out the inner beast :D I did back and biceps today and it was wonderful!

Meg (A Dash of Meg) November 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Which workout did you do? :)

kat November 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Look at how cute you are!! And your tree is perfect :) I’m actually decorating right now as well (ok I’m on a blogging break actually) but we won’t do our tree till tomorrow probably. My hubs has to work tonight and I can’t do it without him!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean November 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM

tree looks great!!

Emma November 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I was meatless except for my chicken at lunch :) I could have easily done without it though.

Love the tree!!

Tara November 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I’m also learning about training pregnant women at the moment too! It’s so interesting, but scary at the same time. There are sooooo many limititations on what exercises they can do, and I’d be terrified of hurting the baby :( Your tree is cute!

Sara Grambusch November 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Cute little tree :) I’m doing back back/bi in a couple days so I’ll check back!

sarah November 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Two and a Half Men was a rerun tonight…funny show though. But I definitely preferred Charlie Sheen on it – he was so witty and clever and sarcastic , awesome. But Jon Cryer is a great actor and I like him two.

Jeepers, I don’t know how to prepare beets!
What kind of goat cheese do you buy? Please help — I’m overwhelmed by all the options.

(I’m gaining weight now, no exercise..and struggling with eating way too many carbs and too much at night…I’m hoping that as I gain, this will subside(?)…i feel awfully guilt and ashamed about it…i fear i’ll gain all wrong/too fast, etc…ugh…do you think carbs and grains are totally important too even when in my situation? and have you ever made oatmeal with egg whites?)

melanie November 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I love your scarf!!! Where did you get it? so cute!!

Meg (A Dash of Meg) November 29, 2011 at 6:23 AM

At the GAP :D

Heidi Murphy November 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Your tree is lovely!!

Lyn @ FueledBySalad November 29, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Mm, I haven’t had beets in so long! Your Christmas tree looks great. :)

Emily November 29, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Yum! I looove beets in salad. They’re delicious and make salads so colorful and festive.
And you’re adorable decorating your tree! I can’t wait to put mine up. :)

Errign November 29, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I love your tree!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 29, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Mmm I love beets and goat cheese together in salads! Your dressing sounds great too. :D

Love the tree girl! Having a festive looking apartment always make me a little less homesick during exams.

Meg (A Dash of Meg) November 29, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I agree :D

Kate @ Chasing It November 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM

aww what a gorgeous tree!! Nutrition through the lifecycles is def gonna be an interesting class, that was one of the courses I was most looking forward to before rethinking my career…so I can’t wait to hear all about what you’re learnin ;). Can’t wait to see what beast workout you did!

Julia (http://girlswithastethoscope.blogspot.com) November 29, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Awe love the xmas tree and love the beets :) haha

You look so cute in your pj pants..rockin that scarf!!

abznoats November 29, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Your tree is so cute and I love your laid back outfit! :)

survivingcandyland November 29, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Your tree is so cute. It has inspired me to create a channukah bush. I am going to hobby lobby tomorrow to investigate. If not at least I will come out with tons of brightly colored tinsel knowing myself. Also what do beets taste like? That salad looks good, but beets scare me since I’ve never had them before.

Oats n' Bows November 29, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Yum I love beets! And I LOVE your tree and those cute little birdies :D My parents thought I was crazy for putting the tree up this weekend. They’re just a bunch of grinches :P And you are totally rockin’ that scarf

Katie @ Real Food Katie's Way November 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM

First-I LOVE your jambes! You look beautiful!!

And second! Congratulations on your first Christmas tree!

I love learning about nutrition needs throughout the different life cycles..It’s SO interesting!