Back, Biceps, and BIG Thoughts

by Meg on November 29, 2011

Good evening friends Smile This post is going to be consistent with the name of my blog which means you are just getting a “dash” of me tonight Winking smile Sorry! Not a long post like many of mine are!

My back and bicep workout that I did this morning is worth sharing, so let’s start off with that! Smile

Pull Ups 4 x 12

Superset #1
One Arm Dumbbell Row 4 x 12
Reverse Flyes 4 x 12

Superset #2
Straight Arm Lat Pull Downs 4 x 8
Face Pulls 4 x 8

Superset #3
Wide Grip Lat Pull Down 4 x 8
Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down 4 x 8

Superset #4
Alternating Bicep Curls 4 x 10
Mountain Climbers 4 x 12 (each leg)

Barbell Curls 4 x 8

Cable Hammer Curls 4 x 8 (last set drop set)

Let me know if you give this one a try! Smile It was a good one to get your arms burning! I usually don’t do supersets, but today I felt like really changing things up, so I went with supersets!

Even though this was a really good workout… my mind was in a whole other world…

I had some big thoughts during this workout.

Lately, I have been noticing that my training is not consistent with my goals!

Yes, I have noticed some gains within the past few months, but at an extremely slow rate. The reason for this is definitely because my goals are not consistent with my training.

I finally realized and accepted this today.

It was hard to come to terms with, but I am so happy my Mom was here to discuss things over with me. My Mom helped me make some decisions on how I can change my current routine Smile However, I need sleep and will be looking forward to sharing my decisions with you later this week Open-mouthed smile

Love you all!

xoxoxoxo

Cheryl Madliger November 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Can’t wait to hear where you headed! Moms are the best for telling it like it is…in a loving way!

nicole November 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM

your mom sounds lovely!
i very much enjoy reading about your relationship/interaction with her.
always treasure that. x

Tara November 29, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Ooo I’m excited to hear what your goals are and how you plan on switching up your training!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean November 30, 2011 at 12:26 AM

can’t wait to hear about them! xoxo

Emily November 30, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I can’t wait to hear about your new plans and fitness goals. I’m so proud of you for realizing that your goals aren’t matching up with what you’re doing and, further, that you’re working to change it. That’s awesome, girl! You’re such an inspiration.
I hope you’re enjoying all the time with your momma! It sounds like you guys are having an amazing time. There’s nothing like quality mother/daughter time. :)

Lyn @ FueledBySalad November 30, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Good job for accepting the slow gains! It’s definitely much better to have someone to discuss with. :)

radiomomrhetoric November 30, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Awesome workout! Sounds kinda like what I did…
Bench 3 x 6
Hammer curls 3 x 10
Dumbell curls 3 x 10
Overhead press 3 x 10
Lat pull up 3 x 10
Ab throwdowns 3 x 10

Treadmill 15% at 3.5 to 4mph 450 30 min

I can’t wait to hear about your goals and how you will fit them to your workouts! A mom who knows about these things would be a great asset!!