Friday Favourites: Christmas Presents

by Meg on December 30, 2011

Hello friends and Happy Friday! Smile
It seems as though the week after Christmas always flies by and it is the new year before we know it…

I really have no plans for new years. I am not much of a “new years person”(if that’s a type of person – I’m not sure, but you get what I mean).
Last year I went out with a few friends, but for many years before last I spent new years with my parents at home watching movies Smile
Nothing wrong with a quiet evening at home!

This year, I can see my parents and I doing our usual routine:
Have a nice dinner (maybe make something new out of one of my many new cookbooks that I received from Christmas?) and watch a movie (again, watch one of the new movies I received for Christmas) or play some games, have a few friends over for appetizers and drinks, and ring in the new year Smile

Other than trying to figure out what my plan is for New Years Eve, I have been spending a ton of time on my new iPad.

I quite seriously think I am obsessed.

An iPad wasn’t even on my Christmas list, but I sure am loving it Smile However, there were many other gifts that I received for Christmas which created even more new obsessions for me. So, without further ado, here are some of my favourite things as of lately!

Crackle Nail Polish

christmas2011 1 097

I have been wanting to try out crackle nail polish for quite some time now. I usually don’t buy products right when they hit stores. I’m more of the type to wait until all the hype settles and then I pounce Winking smile So, I am a little behind on the whole crackle nail polish excitement, but seriously, this stuff is quite amazing.

cocoa oats 004

First, I painted my nails a beautiful purplish greyish colour and then used my silver crackle polish over top and this was the result! I am obsessed (and love the colour combination!)

Circle Scarves
I bought a circle scarf earlier this fall with my gift card from Gap. I fell in love.
For Christmas I received two more circle scarves and have been wearing them on a daily basis Winking smile

eggplant chips 056

Lululemon Clothing
I pretty much received an entire new wardrobe of Lululemon clothing…

eggplant chips 059

eggplant chips 063

There’s a story behind the top pictured in the top right on the couch (and below), though…

LW1575S_0001_1
Two years ago, I was in Kelowna for a wedding and stayed at a hotel with my parents. Obviously while I was in Kelowna I hit up the Lululemon (seeing as how Saskatchewan only has one and it is located an unnecessary three plus hours away from me) Anyways, I found the exact top shown above, bought it, and was so excited to wear it the next day; however, that never happened. While we were out for dinner, someone stole my new Lululemon top! I blame the maid – who else would be in our hotel room? Ever since then (a whole two years), I have been in search for this top. Not once have a seen this top at the Lululemon we have in London, so I have never had the opportunity to buy it. But, my Mom gave me a huge surprise when I opened this on Christmas morning Smile She finally found the top I have been searching for! Smile

Bowls
I have already discussed my obsession with bowls Winking smile So there’s nothing really to say about these gifts other than I got five wonderful bowls for Christmas!

eggplant chips 054

(This bowl came with two larger sizes!)

eggplant chips 055

eggplant chips 053

This bowl will be perfect with my soup!

Hair Clip
I had no idea I would love a hair accessory this much! My Aunt sent me this for Christmas and I love it. I wore it three days in a row. It makes me feel so pretty Winking smile

christmas2011 2 031

(Notice I am wearing one of my circle scarves! Obsessed!)

What are some of your favourite things as of lately?
Have you discovered the magic of crackle nail polish yet?
What is your ideal way to celebrate on New Years Eve?

See you all tomorrow!

xoxoxoxoxo

janetha December 30, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Kelowna! That’s where I was deported from :( But that is an AWESOME thing about the shirt.

I LOVE INFINITY SCARVES.

Happy new year :)

Heidi Murphy December 30, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I bought those same astro pants with the same band a month ago! Love them!! Lulu is the best!

Enjoy your new years with your family!

kat December 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

You got some great loot!! I love circle scarves. I crocheted both my bestie and hubby each one for christmas :) and so jealous of your lulu gear!! I don’t think ill ever own any since I can’t bear paying that much for workout clothes! Lol

Tara December 31, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I have the same Lulu top, but with a hot pink bra underneath! Love the Lulu! Happy new year – it’s 5pm here and we still haven’t figured out what we’re doing :O

Allison (Allison's Delicious Life) December 31, 2011 at 2:06 AM

You got such WONDERFUL gifts!!! I love all of them :)

Lyn @ FueledBySalad December 31, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I love how cute circle scarves are, but it’s so warm here ALL THE TIME that wearing ‘em would be impractical. Have a great New Years’! <3

Kate @ Chasing It December 31, 2011 at 6:46 AM

That’s so epic your mom found the lulu top for you!! and OMG I too am in love with crackle nail polish! I bought the gold crackle – for christmas I painted my nails a sort of fuschia color and then put the gold crackle over them….for new year’s I’m thinking either purple and gold or black and gold! I’m not a big going-out-on-New-Years person either – I much prefer to chill with a few friends at someone’s house. This year I’ll be hanging with my parents though, and I’m perfectly happy about it! :-D

Life's a Bowl December 31, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Gahhh, I would be heartbroken if someone stole any of my stuff, especially on vaca! Glad your momma found you a replacement :D

P.S. Love the crackle nail polish- super chic! I have been getting gel mani’s lately so IDK if they crackle colors in gel?…

Life's a Bowl December 31, 2011 at 8:12 AM

P.S. Have a fab NYE! We’re planning on meeting my momma for dinner and heading to a friends place in the city for board games and some champagne!

Alexandra December 31, 2011 at 8:21 AM

That krackle nail polish is wicked cool :) And yay for cool bowls!
Lately, I’ve been loving kabocha squash, long walks, girl time with my mom, and sunny weather!

Juliet December 31, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I got a circle scarf for christmas too!!!!!! I had never had one before! It makes every outfit look 100x nicer.

Meg (A Dash of Meg) December 31, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I completely agree :D

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 31, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Love all your new Lulu gear! And those circle scarves! I’m obsessed with mine too.

I’m going to a party tonight, but I’d honestly rather just chill at home. I think my ideal way to celebrate would be to have a dinner party with a few close friends. Hope you have fun tonight!

itsrobfiasco December 31, 2011 at 9:05 AM

so jealous that you got an iPad!! I know that as soon as I spend the money on one, a new one that’s even better will come out…so i keep waiting.

your new years eve plans sound just like mine! dinner at home and movies. and possibly the gym. i can’t imagine it’ll be that busy tonight.

have a great new years!

Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking December 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I love all your Christmas presents!

I LOVE your hair clip, too! It’s so classy!

Cheryl Madliger December 31, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Wow! I love the silver on top of grey, and I have silver crackle polish that I am always frustrated with. I tried it on black (because my black crackle polish looks good on a silver base) but it looked bad. Ditto for red, blue, white…thanks for solving my crisis!

You know how I feel about lulu…I had to return an outfit because I saw my visa bill this week. Sad, sad, sad. RIP cutest cheryl at the gym ever! JK I can close my closet now that I’ve pared down. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR btw! :)

GOtheXtraMile December 31, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Can I have all your clothes, scarves, and bowls?!!? Everything on here is TOO cute!!:D

Natasha December 31, 2011 at 3:50 PM

you got some awesome stuff from lululemon!!!! :)
I got my family sooo much from there it was insane, but they loved it!
They honestly have the best workout clothes ever (and I’m not being biased just because I work there – I have always loved their stuff)

ilovefetacheese December 31, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Awesome prezzies!! So glad you got another Lulu no limit tank. i guess the maid had good taste!!

Julia (http://girlswithastethoscope.blogspot.com) December 31, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I have a serious obsession with lulelmon stuff..it’s so cute but so expensive! ugh haha If only I was a millionaire..I’de buy the whole dang store! lol

Love your nails, looks cute! And circled scarfs? totally cute!

Happy nye meg! :)

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate December 31, 2011 at 7:54 PM

I usually go out to dinner for New Years and spend the rest of the night at home with a few friends. Ditto this year!

ahappybalance December 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I got the same pants and headband from lululemon for christmas too!

survivingcandyland December 31, 2011 at 9:14 PM

1. Totally jealous that you have an Ipad, my mom got one too and I’m just like ughhh want one
2. Crackle nailpolish is crack. I found some online that was cheap and literally bought like every color.
3. Circle scarves are so cute. Really I love scarves in general, but circle ones, so fab!
4. I love you and your love for bowls.

Emily January 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I’m LOVING circle scarves right now. I just bought a 3rd one when I was shopping with my mom today. And I’m addicted to nail polishes as well! The colors you got are gorgeous. I got a new Chanel polish today called “Pearl Drop” that is a shimmery white. It’s really different- I love it!
I’m so jealous of your iPad! I’m glad you’re so happy with it. That’s definitely going to be my next big purchase. (:

abznoats January 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Sounds like an amazing Christmas girly! I think my reward for finding a job will be an iPad when that happens. lol. :) I celebrated New Year’s Eve with a dinner date + hanging out with my family. We played cards, drank, laughed, and just had a blast really! Love you girl and miss you so much!

Meg (A Dash of Meg) January 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Awww love you too Abz and I miss you <3 we will chat soon

Harold Gibbons January 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Meg, as a guy I’ve gotta say that nail polish does look really cool, but I’m not sure about this Lululemon thing. I’m an Under Armour guy who likes to lift, and this “yoga clothes and running gear” thing is foreign to me. Unless they mean mobility drills and hill sprints. Then it’s totally cool.