Pampered, Fed, and Ready for Bed!

Pampered, Fed, and Ready for Bed!

Pampered, Fed, and Ready for Bed!

If today wasn’t a girly-girl day I don’t know what is…

It all began with a delicious breakfast followed by a sweaty gym session (seriously guys, the sweat was drippin’ today!)

Breakfast to fuel the fire:beautifulbreakfast 001beautifulbreakfast 005
An omelette with green onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes!
beautifulbreakfast 006
Quinoa flakes cooked in almond milk and topped with raspberries <3
beautifulbreakfast 007
PWO shake: 1 peach + 1 date + 1/2 cup almond milk + 1 scoop caramel protein powder + ice

At noon, my friend and I met up at my hair salon located downtown London to get our hair done! It was a blast Smile I had a wonderful stylist which made the appointment even more enjoyable! I really like having a stylist who is easy to talk to and shows their enthusiasm for their job through their work! Smile

breshball1 001breshball1 002
IMG-20120121-00789

Our hair appointment was followed by a make up appointment at MAC! I love MAC. I only use MAC make up SmileTheir eye shadow lasts all day long, their foundation gives the best coverage (IMO), and when you bring in 6 “empties” for recycling you get a free lipstick/eye shadow/gloss of your choice! What a wonderful program working towards a greener environment <3

IMG-20120121-00799

So once our hair and make up were done, it was time to go home and get dressed for the big night!

Snapshot_20120121Snapshot_20120121_1
(A before and after shot!)

The night turned out absolutely perfect. My friend put so much effort into planning the event and it showed!

Supper was amazing…

breshball2 017

The dancers were phenomenal (the event was themed “Arabian Nights”)…

breshball2 012breshball2 026

The music was pumpin’ Winking smile(I was even out there shakin’ it!)

breshball2 030

The decorations were perfect…

breshball2 004

And most importantly, my friends were there <3

breshball2 005breshball2 028breshball2 031breshball2 032breshball2 033breshball2 035breshball2 039breshball2 041

I got home around 12:30 with sore feet from all of the dancing (I couldn’t even wait until I got into my apartment to take my shoes off; they were off once I got into the elevator!)

IMG-20120122-00817

and am now in bed Smile
Tonight marked the end of the busy weekend and I am thankful. Although I had an absolute blast at each event (Friday night and tonight), my apartment is looking like a bomb went off and it’s driving me crazy. I am a really clean person, but I have been so busy over the past few days that my usual daily cleaning hasn’t been happening. So, Sunday will include a leg workout at the gym, major cleaning, tons of homework (I have so much research to do for all of my group projects!), and a dinner date with two of my sweetest friends <3

What have you been up to this weekend? Enough about me! I want to hear about YOUR weekend!
When was the last time you had friends over for dinner? Last week, I had the girls over for sushi and we made a pact that our dinner date nights would be a weekly thing! So, it’s Sunday again and they are coming over for dinner! I am so excited! Smile
What brand of make up do you wear? I started wearing MAC products a few years ago and refuse to wear anything else! If you haven’t tried MAC products, I highly recommend doing so Smile

Talk to you tomorrow!

xoxoxoxoxo

And thank you for all of your compliments on the dress that I wore last night! I got it from this boutique in Kelowna, B.C. Smile It was my all-time favourite store to shop at when I go to Kelowna! I always leave with a full bag (or three) and a depleted bank account! It’s wonderful <3

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

49 Comments

Khushboo

January 22, 2012

Wow Meg, you are looking FAB! And keep up the good work with your workouts- you are looking so toned and fit…it’s really paying off!

January 22, 2012

wow what a nice compliment to wake up to :) thanks love

Ashley Greiner

January 22, 2012

I love girly days! your weekend looks so amazing. I for one can’t stop admiring your toned arms omg they look amazing!

xoxoxoxo

ASHLEY! Thank you :) that means so much to me

you look SO pretty! glad you had another great night :) and pshhh my shoes would have so been off before even getting in my room

i usually just use some cheap make up haha. it’s what my sister used and i learned all of my tricks from her

January 22, 2012

Oooooo that’s awesome you have a sister to learn from :D

Miranda @ Miranda's Munchies

January 22, 2012

Oh girl you look so pretty <3 Your dress, hair, and make up look so good! I'm glad you had a nice time! BTW Your arms and shoulders looks AMAZING!
    This weekend I got all purdied up too but I did it myself! However, I also wore MAC because all my make up is MAC and I love it (so much). Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I go to MAC and buy a lipstick for the perfect cure! Have a nice Sunday!

Awww thank you love!

I am happy you like MAC too :) Next purchase for me will be some lipstick! I found one yesterday called Snob :)

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig

January 22, 2012

Your hair and make-up looks so great! You’re such a stunner! And you have some serious shoulders, I’m getting jealous ;)

January 22, 2012

Ohhhh psht! YOU jealous of me!? Ya, ok girl ;)

Thanks for the compliment though<3 love u

Kate @ Chasing It

January 22, 2012

awwww this looks like SO much fun!!! I love love LOVE getting hair and makeup done professionally, my best friend and I always used to go together to get hair + nails done before sorority formals. You and all of your friends look gorgeous!!! What a fantastic weekend! :-)

It really was a great weekend :) Thank you Kate

You look gorgeous hun! Love your hair, make up, dress – everything! It’s so fun to get all pampered up. I wish I had remembered to buy tickets for it! Next year for sure though.

I really like MAC stuff too. I have a bunch of their eyeshadows but I almost never wear them. I wish I were more make up savvy haha! :P

YES! Next year YOU ARE COMING! I miss you so so much xo

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes

January 22, 2012

Love the dress and hair! You look amazing :)

Awwww Lauren! You are so sweet <3 thank you

Dawn

January 22, 2012

Your hair and makeup came out beautiful!

The dress that your friend is wearing the red dress with the gold belt is really pretty…love it!

jill

January 22, 2012

your omlettes always look so freaking delicious. i use whole eggs all the time…but if I already have 2-3 whole eggs that day, then I will add in the egg beaters stuff (egg beaters are the same deal I guess?).
    Do you have like to eat the omlette or the cereal first? or are you a “bite of this and that” kind of girl? :)

HAHA! I eat what ever is ready first ;) haha

Emma

January 22, 2012

Wowza! Hair, makeup, dress, looking awesome. It looks like you had such a great time, Meg!

January 22, 2012

awwwwwww thanks Emma! And hey, sorry I haven’t been commenting on your blog lately either! Getting back into the school groove and such has limited my “commenting” time, but I do still read you :D xo

Emily@RunningPerspective

January 22, 2012

GIRL LOOK AT YOUR ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DUDE YOU LOOK AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG seriously like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that hard work is PAYING OFFF! you go girl!
    love your hair your dress you are AMAZINGGGG<33

January 22, 2012

Girl why are you so sweet? Somehow you ALWAYS put a smile on my face ;) I think it’s your enthusiasm for everything <3 I love it

Gorgeous girl!! And your arms look amazing :) Sounds like a great weekend to me!! And I think I need to invest in some MAC makeup, since you and all of my friends rave about it!

January 22, 2012

thanks sweetie! :D That makes me feel good comin’ from you ;)

And, let me know if you get your hands on some MAC

Heidi

January 22, 2012

You look gorgeous!! :) love the dress. I also only wear MAC as well, I think it’s an addiction!!!

January 22, 2012

Once you go MAC you don’t go back???? ;)

Chloe@LightOnMyFeet

January 22, 2012

Oh my gosh Meg, you look beautiful! I love your hair, make-up, and dress! It sounds like you had a great weekend girl :)

January 22, 2012

it really was :D I hope you had a great weekend as well beautiful girl! xo

lau

January 22, 2012

Gorgeous !! You are beautiful ! I love your hair, your dressssssssss !!!!

aww thanks sweetie :)

tara

January 22, 2012

the only thing that could make that quinoa bowl better is some pumpkin seeds or a dollop of sunflower butter. Yum.

Jessica

January 22, 2012

I really need to start following your arm workouts….your arms look amazing!

wow thanks :)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile

January 23, 2012

Gorgeous girl!!!! So happy it all turned out well :D I love clinique products!

January 23, 2012

thanks babe :) that means a lot coming from you ;)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset

January 23, 2012

You look stunning lady! Your hair, the dress, toned arms.. nice work, all of your effort is paying off!

January 23, 2012

awwwwww TESSA! that means so much to me! thank you

Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog

January 23, 2012

Pretty pretty girl! I love your hair, and you look amazing in purple!

I’ve never tried MAC!!! I’m so out of the makeup loop…

January 23, 2012

thanks I enjoyed the purple :)

MAC all the way! I have really sensitive skin and have never had a problem using MAC. Plus its good quality, lasts a long time and doesnt look cakey.

January 23, 2012

SO TRUE! It lasts suuuuch a long time! By the way thanks for finding my blog <3 so happy you are commenting too :) thanks Sarah

23. Pingback: Sunday Date Night | A Dash Of Meg

Life's a Bowl

January 23, 2012

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!!! And the whole evening sounds lovely :)

We woke up to our first [sticking] snow on Saturday morning so cuddling by the fire, warm eats, and board games were on our agenda! Tons of fun, tons of relaxation… I love Trish McEvoy and Laura Mercier’s make-up lines!

January 23, 2012

Thanks :) The hairstylist really did a good job :) I could have never done my hair that nice! I am not too good at hair styling!

Your weekend sounds SO nice :) I love when you talk about cuddling by the fire in your posts <3

Christina @ the athletarian

January 23, 2012

Holy smokesssssss!! Girl you are looking stronger and stronger each day!!! Congrats on such amazing progress!!

January 23, 2012

thanks :) I changed up my diet and things are really working :)

Christina @ the athletarian

January 23, 2012

Must be the carbs?!?! Whatever it is, it is doing you some good!! Way to go :)

January 23, 2012

Yes I am doing a post soon about my changes! YAY