hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Sweat It Out Saturday: Back & Bicep Workout

Hey guys! Happy Saturday! Smile

I am so happy that all of you liked my sushi vlog Smile I totally didn’t think my pajama pants would show when I tilted the camera down, it was a surprise to me(!), but I am glad some of you liked my outfit Winking smile But, I am pretty sure I am not the only one here that pretty much lives in her pajama’s right? When I get home from classes at the end of the day the first thing I do is change! I am never in “regular” clothes. If I am at home, you will always find me either wearing pajama pants or shorts of some type! Smile
______________________________________________________

Since Stephanie brought back her Sweat It Out Saturday (which I am a huge fan of), I thought I would jump on board. And this time, she made the day even bigger, so if you want to join in on Sweat It Out Saturday’s with Stephanie, other bloggers, and myself, just go to Stephanie’s blog, The New Healthy, and link up your blog post about anything sweat related! As Stephanie says, “anything goes!”Smile

I was a bundle of energy when I woke up today! I usually go to the gym for 8:00(ish), but today I was out of the door by 7:15 and ready to rock my workout!

However, before I left my house, I obviously fuelled up with a wonderful breakfast! Smile

sweatitoutsat 002
omelette with spinach and cheese

sweatitoutsat 004
steel cut oats with almond milk, apples, and cinnamon

I also had my shake already made for myself for after my sweat sesh!

sweatitoutsat 007
1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 banana, 1 large handful spinach, almond milk, and ice

All ready to go get sweaty! SmileSnapshot_20120128

To my surprise, the gym was locked!? Apparently the women’s side of the gym opens at 8:00 on weekends, but the rest of the gym opens earlier! Who knew!? Not I! Seeing as how I didn’t know the rest of the gym was open, I figured I would go home instead of waiting 45 minutes until the gym opened (going home isn’t a big deal because the gym is literally 2 blocks away from my home, so I didn’t mind!) Once 8:00 rolled around I headed back to the gym and rocked this back and biceps workout from the LiveFit Trainer:

Hammer strength lat pull 3 x 10 (I increased my weights for this exercise this week! Woo!)

Wide grip lat pulldown 3 x 10 (I increased my weights on this as well!)

Seated narrow grip cable row 3 x 10 (Totally not lying when I say that I increased my weights for this too `cause I totally did! I was pumped!)

Bent over barbell row 3 x 10

Back extensions 3 x 10

Barbell curl 3 x 10

Dumbbell curl 3 x 10 (increased)

Cable hammer curl 3 x 10

I added in some ab work during rests and did some high knees as well! I love adding plyos and ab exercises into my routines to spice them up a bit! Smile (And seeing as how this is my second time doing Phase 1 of LiveFit I think it`s OK to do so Winking smile)

My shake tasted so amazing after that workout. I really pushed myself.

IMG-20120128-00844

IMG-20120128-00839
(Looks so gross, but tastes unreal!)

I came home straight after my workout and pulled out the school books! I was productive for the entire morning and got tons crossed off of my “weekend to do” list Smile Feels so good to get so much done before noon doesn’t it!? Smile

For lunch I baked myself basa fillets Smile I pulled frozen fillets out of the freezer at 11:30, thawed them, and baked them for approximately 12 minutes at 425 degrees F, and was eating by 12:00 noon!
Now try telling me you don’t have time to make a healthy meal, right? Winking smileCooking healthy doesn’t have to take hours or be complicated! Keep it simple Winking smile
Even though this was a very simple meal, it did not lack flavour what so ever!

basa 003
brown rice, steamed asparagus, baked basa fillets with lemon pepper and fried capers

Yummy!

I hope everyone’s Saturday is going as lovely as mine! Smile Let me know if you get your sweat on and make sure you link it up to Stephanie’s blog, too!

Do you put spinach in your smoothies? It took me forever to do so, but I wish it hadn’t because it is amazing! Seriously, Tara, just try it already Winking smile
I haven’t been posting my workouts lately, but would you like to continue seeing them on Sweat It Out Saturdays?
Have you worked out today? What was your exercise of choice?

Have a wonderful Saturday friends! I am off to go do more homework (it’s never ending!!!!!)

Love,

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Tags: , , , ,

43 Comments

Alexandra

January 28, 2012

Mmm that omelette looks delicious! Whenever I flip mine, they usually end up being scrambled eggs haha ;)
    Great workout, enjoy the rest of your weekend sista!

you too TWIN ;) haha

Jen @ The Well Wire

January 28, 2012

Reading this made me feel so so guilty that I have been sitting around all morning/now afternoon! Congrats on being productive! Oh, and that lunch looks amazing. I do put spinach in my smoothies, although I was fearful at first! It actually gives it a really rich flavor!

January 28, 2012

I was fearful, too but am so addicted now :) you said it perfectly – it does give a “rich” flavour :)

Jill

January 28, 2012

Wow, I went for a walk today…not as fitness-rific as you are!

Cheese with omlette yum. What cheese do you like? I just picked up some hard goat cheese, but I’ve heard the soft goat cheese is good too.

What time do you wake up on the weekends and eat breakfast? I tend to sleep in late on weekends and I really want to break this bad habit. It’s so unproductive.

Fun post. Come back later and update the rest of your day and night :)

January 28, 2012

mmmmmmm you can never go wrong with goat cheese :D i haven’t tried hard though!?

i wake up whenever my body wakes up :) usually between 6 – 630

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit

January 28, 2012

What a great start to your weekend. I opted for the more lazy route this morning but have an afternoon workout planned with a friend! Happy Saturday girl!

January 28, 2012

BABE! I have been missing you <3 Have a fun workout with your friend this afternoon :) will be thinking of ya xo

Kat

1. your freaking gorgeous
    2. holy bicep! that’s impressive lady :)

January 28, 2012

HA! why are you so sweet? ;) love u missy

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes

January 28, 2012

The women can’t get in the gym until 8? That’s so bizarre. Is your gym gender segregated?

January 29, 2012

no there is co-ed and then a women’s only gym which i much prefer :D

Just came across your blog…your story is similar to mine except yours is cooler because you live in London. My sweat-it-out-Saturday was attending two spin classes…one of which i taught. All showered up, catching up on blog reading, and sipping cherry coffee. Nice meeting you.

January 29, 2012

thank you SO much for commenting Molly :) i love meeting knew bloggers <3 it means the world to me that you left a reply to this post! i can’t thank you enough! i am going to go and snoop your blog now hun :) <3

p.s. you know it in London, Ontario CANADA not England right?? ;) still cool? hehe

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy

January 28, 2012

Ah, girl your arms are amazing!! Seriously keep doing what you’re doing because you rock. Thanks for linking up!!! Your post is such a great addition to Sweat it Out Saturday! Love you! <3

January 29, 2012

awww thanks babe :) u r the sweetest! glad my post lived up to your sweat it out saturday expectations :D

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile

January 28, 2012

Girl look at those guns!!!! You rock. I had fish and brown rice for lunch too haha :) Love the sweat it out Saturday! I ran 12 miles today :D

January 29, 2012

i checked out your lunch :D yum!

Alison

January 28, 2012

I love working out on saturdays! I find the gym less crowded and I can actually find space to move! Woohoo! I would love to see more of these posts on Saturdays, since I’m a saturday gym rat as well! ;)

January 29, 2012

woooooo :) ok! thanks for the feedback! i will be doing them from now on since YOU like them ;)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats

January 28, 2012

Your lunch looks so good! :) I did a leg workout today. It is crazy how much I enjoy lower body work now considering I used to hate it! lol. Spinach in smoothies is a must–one of my favorite ways to pack in the veggies!

January 29, 2012

hahaha omgoodness babe, we are SO alike! i hated leg day too and now – possibly my FAV!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig

January 29, 2012

Nice guns! Your workout sounds great – good job on increasing the weights! OK, OK, I will try spinach in my next smoothie ;)

January 29, 2012

reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D YAY! i am better at this convincing thing than i thought ;) hahaha honestly though – it is amazing :) protein, fruit, spinach, ice = amazingness

January 29, 2012

p.s. my fav combo of fruit with spinach so far has been blueberries and dates :)

Megan

January 29, 2012

Hi lovely, I’ve just discovered your blog and am absolutely loving it :-) you’re such an inspiration!

Just a question, do you blend your post workout shakes before you go to the gym? Do you keep it in a fridge at the gym? Just asking as I only have a boring old protein powder shaken up with water after a sesh; would love to make up yummy ones before I go!

January 29, 2012

i am so happy you found me :D XOXOXOXO and what a lovely compliment <3 how sweet of you

I always blend my pwo shake before heading to the gym :) i don’t have access to a fridge at the gym though, so it just sits in my locker, but since my workouts are always between 30 – 50 mins the shake it still pretty chilly when i get to it :D

thanks again for leaving a comment <3

Megan

January 31, 2012

Good to know! Its very hot where I live but we have a fridge in the gym, I’m going to give it a shot. Thanks! xo

Ali Mc

January 29, 2012

You are getting ripped!!!!! wow! and that morning omelet looks delish!

hahahaha ripped!? why thank you girl <3

your gym has a men’s and women’s side?? that’s so cool!

ya! i really like it :)

January 29, 2012

Actually, it is a co-ed and womens only to be exact ;) there is no mens only :) but i really love the womens only

Nice job on increasing all your weights! That’s such a great feeling. :D I did a chest and triceps workout yesterday and I increased on my chest presses!!!

January 29, 2012

it is such a great feeling :) congrats on your increases hun

fitpeanut

Cardio for me today =)

I add spinach to my smoothies too ! and it tastes great (my mother thinks I’m crazy, but you don’t taste the spinach…)

My favorite is milk or vanilla soymilk, and mango !!

January 29, 2012

haha my mom and dad tried it in their smoothies after i said how good it was :) they like it too :)

i need to by mango and try out your concoction now. thanks for the suggestion <3

Yolie @ Practising Wellness

January 29, 2012

I love this post so much! And I adore your positive, happy attitude – it’s wonderful! <3 Dude, you are rocking those muscles, amazing and inspiring! :-) I had such a great SUNDAY sweat session today – I was off yesterday with a cold, so I rested up and recovered. I did back and biceps too! :-D And also legs – it was a long un, and felt wonderful to have no usual monday-friday time restrictions. Plus the gym was so empty on a Sunday morning – LOVE! <3 Delicious meal! I had grilled chicken for dinner today and thought of you! ;-) xyx

January 29, 2012

awwwwww you thought of ME!? haha too cute. i love that!

i am so happy you had a good workout today :) my gym was quiet too.

i read your post today and saw your workouts. i commented on your blog, but i think i may have been put into your spam?? it has been happening quite often lately :( i need to get that figured out! :(

p.s. i also tweeted you. and now i am following you on twitter :) follow back girlfriend ;)

Kate @ Chasing It

January 29, 2012

there are separate sides of the gym?!? whoa!! Is there a men-only too? It’d be nice not to have smelly men next to me on the machines like there was on friday EW HAha. but yay for an epic workout! I want to start working my arms again, I will try this out! such a yummy day of eats too, I have yet to try the green monster, but it is totally happening this week :-D

seo

January 31, 2012

I love your wordpress design, where would you download it through?

February 1, 2012

it was one of the options through wordpress! :)