The Cherry on Top

by Meg on January 30, 2012

Hey guys and happy Monday to each and every one of ya! Winking smile Monday’s seem quite jam-packed lately…

#MotivationalMonday

431681_337618056260136_199797146708895_1166909_206798520_n

#MeatlessMonday
check here for some meatless recipes! I like this one!

#MirrorlessMonday
Go check out Kasey’s blog for more information! Or click here for the post!

25755029088801217_EEkFvHcZ_c

Yup! Mondays sure are busy days, but I love ‘em Smile Seeing as how I have no classes on Mondays I usually just go with the flow, wake up whenever I want to, go to the gym whenever I feel like it, and use the majority of my time to do my homework and food prep before a week of classes begin again Smile Even though I do not set my alarm on Mondays, I still get up at the same time. I was up at 6:00 AM this morning and out the door by 7:15! I worked up a sweat within 45 mins (I did a chest and triceps workout) and was home by 8:30 Smile It feels so good to get so much done! The rest of my day is going to consist of homework, food prep, and laundry. I have a lot of laundry to do.

I also made a lot of food Smile

Some chicken

prep 003

Yams

prep 002

and I have some tilapia baking in the oven right as I type…

I am so happy with everyone’s responses after yesterday’s post Smile Who knew such an easy peasy recipe would get that much excitement!? I know the recipe did not include oats, eggs, or any other type of binding agent, but they do turn out! Trust me Smile I make them like that each and every time! Smile

Seeing as how so many of you liked the idea of having turkey muffins on hand for a quick snack, I thought I would spice them up a bit Winking smile Not the mouth-burning type of spice, but I gave them a little “extra” somethin’ somethin’ when I had them for my afternoon snack today Winking smile

Kind of like putting the “cherry on top” of an already good recipe!? Smile

How do you feel about the flavour combination of jalapeño and cheese? Winking smile

I introduce you to…

Jalapeño Turkey Muffins with “Cheesy Frosting” Winking smile

turkeymuffwithfrost 003

Kind of cute don’t you think?

The following recipe provides enough frosting for four turkey muffins

4 oz. baked sweet potato/yam
4 TBSP nutritional yeast
splash of unsweetened almond milk (water or any other type of unflavoured milk would work, too!)

Combine all ingredients together and either mash or blend until puréed. “Frost” turkey muffin with cheesy sweet potato purée. Enjoy Smile

I know I sure enjoyed it Winking smile

turkeymuffwithfrost 005

Spicy and cheesy Winking smile So delish.

Did you eat a meatless dish today?
Did you try not to use the mirror as much today and just appreciate YOU!?
How often do you do your laundry?
I always seem to accumulate a “colours” load very quickly, but never have a lot for a load of whites or darks/blacks. Oh well, who said you can’t have a small load of clothes, right? I did three loads of laundry today, but my “colours” load was really the only one that should be considered as a “load of laundry!”

Have a great Monday friends!

Love you all,
xoxoxoxo

Emma January 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Aww! Sweet potato frosting is so cute and delicious looking! That’s awesome that you can make them without any binding agents, I will need to try!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig January 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Yummy! I do laundry once a week. We don’t have a washing machine so I do everything by hand. Ugh.

Meg January 31, 2012 at 12:40 AM

oh no! i had no idea babe!

Alexandra January 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Yay for sweet potato! That’s a great idea to “frost” a turkey muffin with one, sounds like the perfect balance of good carbs and protein :)

Emily January 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Sweet potato “frosting” is brilliant!
It sounds like you’ve had an awesome and productive Monday so far- those are the best! I always wake up early too, even without an alarm. It’s a blessing and a curse. (:

And I just started seeing the Mirrorless Monday movement happening around the blogosphere. I love it! Such a beautiful concept. <3

Meg January 31, 2012 at 12:40 AM

you and i both :) – early birdies!!!!!!!

Katie@Real Food Katie's Way January 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Love the motivation monday poster!

I ate all meatless dishes today! Well, I had fish so it depends on your opinion on that…

I do laundry once a week…Usually Saturday but lately it’s been a Friday/Saturday dilly.

PS i tagged you on my daily 11 post today!

Meg January 31, 2012 at 12:41 AM

fish can be meatless ;)

and thank you so much for the tag xo

Heather @ For the Love of Kale January 31, 2012 at 12:06 AM

That recipe is ADORABLE!!! I want that yam frosting too. So creative, girlie!

Meg January 31, 2012 at 12:41 AM

hahahaha ;) glad YOU approve beautiful

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats January 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Aw, I really like how you topped the turkey muffin with “frosting”. Really cute, Meg!

Meg January 31, 2012 at 1:03 AM

hehe thanks love

Stephanie @ On the Road to RD January 31, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Yes! I LOVE sweet potatoes and nutritional yeast PLUS Frank’s Red Hot. I know it sounds weird, but it’s like vegetarian buffalo wings! YUM!

Meg January 31, 2012 at 1:03 AM

that doesn’t sound weird! sounds like i will be doing it soon :) ;)

ilovefetacheese January 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

your post is making me crave yams!!! I love them are crispy and brown :)

Meg January 31, 2012 at 2:11 AM

mmmm :) they were tasty gf ;)

Christina @ The Athletarian January 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Wowwwww that looks insane!!! My whole Monday was meatless – oats, smoothie, lentils & quinoa, egg puffs, cauliflower! Random…but meatless!

Molly from LifesLemonsbyMolly January 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Laundry gets trucked home to do at my parents for Free every weekend. (Hour away) I work near my parents house every weekend too. Then return to school on Sun. Even though the apartment’s laundry room is right below our apt. I can’t justify paying 2$ a load. I can think of many other cooler ways to spend money.

Your chicken is almost breaded with pepper..which is ok with me. :)

Meg January 31, 2012 at 2:11 AM

ahhhhh i know it sucks. laundry is so expensive :( 1.50 for me :(

Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog January 31, 2012 at 2:16 AM

SO CUTE! And I love sweet potatoes…so yum.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 31, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Hahaha I love the “frosting” on your turkey muffins! So cute!

I had a meatless dinner – I tried to recreate the dinner I had at Jambalaya! I had turkey in my lunch though. Shhh. ;)

Kate @ Chasing It January 31, 2012 at 2:49 AM

ughhh i hate laundry. feels so good to get it done though! And to have a productive day like yours was! I love the idea of sweet tater “frosting” for a turkey muffin, much more fun than just having a sweet potato on the side :-D

Paulina (One Smile Ahead) January 31, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I absolutely love sweet potatoes! I wish I had no classes on Monday too! Luck you :)

Khushboo January 31, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Those muffins are adorable…I think the frosting have changed their status to cupcakes ;)! I had a meatless dinner last night: spaghetti bake with veggie sausages!

fitpeanut January 31, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Looks like a cupcake lol !

I do my laundry once a week or every 10 days .I do “3 sets” (Soooooorrrry, I don’t know the word lol) : black/dark , white/light color, red/pink =)
Most of the time, I do it once a week because I have a lot of clothes to wash (sweaty workout clothes !!!) and I don’t want to keep my dirty clothes for too long looooool

I’m not plannning on a meatless dish today, since I already do it several times a week (I’m a former vegetarian so I eat vegetarian or vegan often =))
And I’ll check my mirror but not be obsessed about it. But I can’t go out if I don’t take a look at myself ahahahha

Andrea D January 31, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I do laundry about once a week.. sometimes every 5-6 days.. just depends. But I am so lazy that I don’t really seperate the colours with the whites :/ I know Im horrible hahah. Mannnn I love that frosting for that savrory cupcake!

Sarah January 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM

we both cooked chicken, yams and fish yesterday :) naaaw the little turkey muffin how cute! Laundry is no fun at all, I do it once every week/every other week (pretty sure I’ve got leggings/undies to last a month :) tmi hahah)

Meg January 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM

don’t worry girlie ;) i am sure that i have undies to last me a year ;)

Sarah @ feeedingbrainandbody January 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM

My taste buds don’t love super spicy foods, but cheesy topping sounds delicious! I don’t usually keep track of how often I do my laundry but right now my dryer is broken so it has been longer then preferred haha!

P.S I am going to reply to your email soon, it’s just been a crazy busy week :)

Meg January 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM

the cheesy topping was really good sweetheart :) the jalapenos didn’t make them ultra spicy, but you can even change it up for spinach/green onions/green peppers?? :) whatever you like :D i did mushrooms once with red onion. SO GOOD :)

i can’t wait for your email xo will be replying sometime today

amy @ lovetotrain January 31, 2012 at 1:47 PM

cute cuppy cake frosting!

Ali Mc January 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I made chicken and yams on Sunday! yum and sweet potato “frosting” on those protein turkey muffs is a great idea!!!!! it’s like a meal in a bite sized portion

Caitlin January 31, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Can’t get over how creative and amazing that idea is! I want to just eat that “cheesy sauce” with a spoon!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats January 31, 2012 at 4:25 PM

What a cute little cupcake! :) When I was in college, I always did my laundry every weekend. Now that I have been living back at home it seems to just pile up pretty high. I need to get back into a more structured routine instead of running out of socks before doing laundry. lol.

Kat January 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM

oh my goodness love the sweet tater frosting! Those look amazing! I fail at meatless mondays, but we do have meatless meals alot during the week! Just usually not on mondays for some reason lol

Stephanie January 31, 2012 at 8:42 PM

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post!

Meg February 1, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I am so happy you found me and left a comment :D I love meeting new bloggers <3 thank you so much Stephanie <3 looking forward to getting to know you better xo

Yolie @ Practising Wellness January 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM

That muffin and frosting looks so delicious! And totally genius! <3 Love! I HAVE to make that, and the turkey burgers… Girl, I am going to have to go grocery shopping again now, and it'll be all your fault! Hehehe ;-) <3 xyx

Yolie @ Practising Wellness January 31, 2012 at 10:58 PM

PS: I feel like I do laundry heaps – mostly my boyfriends, lol! :-P I don’t mind though – it’s easy, and it’s one way I can show him support! <3 I just do it as and when I need to. No organisation involved, lol! xyx

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Sweet potato frosting sounds delicious – great idea!! As for laundry, I do it once a week – a dark load, a white load, colored load, towels, and sheets. :) Whoa, haha – sounds like a lot but it’s not too bad.