hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

High Five Friday

February 3, 2012 | High Five Friday | 70 Comments

Today, I want us to celebrate.

Let’s celebrate our successes, accomplishments, and abilities.

2dcrossing-the-finish-linegraduate-outside-md

All of us need to start being proud of ourselves and celebrating our achievements. Whether it be landing a new job, running a race, or graduating, we need to start celebrating and noting the importance of each accomplishment we make throughout our lives.

I want to begin High Five Friday which will be held each Friday of the week. This is really important to me and I hope I can recruit all of you and gain your support on this day Smile

I have been thinking of launching my idea of High Five Friday for a few weeks already, but I kept putting it off. However, yesterday I couldn’t get the idea out of my head. I knew that today would be the Friday I introduced my idea for the first time.
When I was in class yesterday, we had to do an activity and list our abilities on a piece of paper. Many of my classmates, including myself, found this very challenging. But it shouldn’t be. I am 20 years old which means, I have 20 years of life to be proud of. 20 years of accomplishments. I should have been able to come up with a huge list of my accomplishments, successes, and abilities. But it wasn’t that easy. So, that’s when I knew High Five Friday had to be introduced.

I don’t give myself enough credit. And I can bet that you don’t either. But, it is so important to realize that we have so many amazing abilities and that we have accomplished so many things.

So today, share. Share with me what you have accomplished. What is one of your successes of the week? What is an ability of yours that really stood out this week?

It doesn’t have to be big. You might run a marathon one week, but the next you may increase your water intake. Both are accomplishments and both need to be recognized.

My friend, Abby, needs to be proud of herself and share her accomplishment of becoming an RN! I am so proud of her! What an accomplishment!

My friend, Andrea, needs to be proud of herself for finally starting a blog! She has been wanting to do this for such a long time! I would say that is a huge accomplishment!

My friend, Tessa, needs to be proud of her ability to write beautiful posts that truly inspire her readers. Tessa’s voice is so strong in all of her posts. Each post is written so beautifully <3

I think you get where I am going with this. I hope High Five Friday is something you will take part in as it is very important to me and I truly believe that we all need to start celebrating ourselves.

I often notice other people’s accomplishments. I am so proud of Jessica for handing in her dietetic internship application! But, I often forget what I have accomplished…
And I am sure I am not the only one who does…

So, I truly hope High Five Friday helps us all take note of our abilities.

Share one with me. What is something you are proud of this week? What did you accomplish? What was a success of yours? What is an ability of yours that stood out this week?

Mine?

This week, I am proud of the blog I created for the London Home Economics Association (LHEA). I think I did a great job Smile and it was very rewarding this week when I got a compliment from my professor who accepted me for the position to create the blog Smile I am proud of my ability for creating the blog that was much needed Smile LHEA had no internet presence before I created the blog SmileIt’s something small (like I said it doesn’t have to be big), but it is definitely something to share on this special day, High Five Friday! Smile

So… now it’s your turn. Share an accomplishment, success, or an ability of yours!

Also, please let me know what you think about this idea Smile I hope to make it BIG!

Have a great High Five Friday!

xoxoxoxo

Tags: , , , , ,

70 Comments

Kat

February 3, 2012

Awesome idea woman! I think its great to focus on our accomplishments. Its things like that that keep us driving towards bigger dreams :)And congrats on creating a blog for LHEA! That must be an awesome feeling :)
    Im proud of putting myself out there and finally doing a vlog! I was so nervous!

February 3, 2012

Thanks so much for your support :) xo I love how you said that by doing this drives us towards bigger dreams! SO TRUE <3 I loved your blog. I am proud of you too

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie

February 3, 2012

Meg I LOVE this idea! And congrats to you for creating a blog for the LHEA! That’s awesome! I’m proud of myself for working out every day this week. I know that’s not really big to some but its really big to me! :)

February 3, 2012

awww sweet heart :) so happy you love it :) I thought you would ;) I am proud of you too! So happy you like pilates :) I love it too

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile

February 3, 2012

Such an awesome idea Meg!! Love it :D I’m proud that I made the front page of the school newspaper with my article! Have a great day lovee ya! <3

February 3, 2012

Omg I am so proud of you too :) It’s a huge accomplishment sweetheart! Definitely something to be proud of :)

STUFT Mama

February 3, 2012

What a great idea! Congrats on getting the chance to create the blog! What a great opportunity. I’m proud I just made it through this week with my head on straight. Ha ha! Happy Friday!

February 3, 2012

That’s great hun :) I am so happy you like the idea <3 thank you :) have a wonderful day!

Andrea D

February 3, 2012

Thank you so much for another shout out!! :) Really appreciate it…and this High 5 friday is such a good idea!!! Xoxo

February 3, 2012

yay I am so happy you like it :)

Life's a Bowl

February 3, 2012

Great idea! Full of motivation and inspiration, love it :D A highlight from my week: completing all of my blog edits and beginning the 3rd quarter of my first year teaching! I can’t believe it’s already half-way done…

February 3, 2012

the year really is going by fast isn’t it!? i am proud of you too girl :)

Kate @ Chasing It

February 3, 2012

I love this idea Meg!! I’m totally in – my post this afternoon will definitely have some high fives :)

February 3, 2012

I KNEW YOU WOULD LOVE IT KATE :D xoxoxoxo I can’t wait to read your post xo p.s. did you make the pizza?

Jessica

February 3, 2012

I LOVE this idea! Way to inspire people to be proud of themselves! It is something I have always struggled with as well, but this is such a great way of thinking about it! I can’t wait to participate every Friday :)

February 4, 2012

so happy you like the idea beautiful :) I can’t wait for next Friday to see how everyone shows their participation :D

Felicia

February 3, 2012

love this idea!! and congrats!! i’m proud of waking up earlier consistently this week so i can get things DONE :)

February 4, 2012

that’s great hun :) and I am so happy you love this idea xo

Alexandra

February 3, 2012

This is FAB!! My accomplishment for the day–setting a new PR during my shoulder workout and owning my chemistry homework! :)
    PS–I’m gonna make your smoked salmon tortilla pizza idea today!! SO EXCITED!!!

February 4, 2012

congrats on your PR! wahooooooooooo!

How did you like the pizza love?

Alexandra

February 4, 2012

’twas phenomenal :) My tastebuds definitely had a party haha!

Christy

February 3, 2012

Meg- this is super awesome! We need more of this in the world! Congrats on the blog for school! Let’s see…if my memory serves me correctly, I think I held a plank for almost two and a half minutes this week! #plankaday #accomplishments Have a marv weekend my dear!

February 4, 2012

that’s amazing! planks are the best! keep goin’!

Heather@For the Love of Kale

February 3, 2012

Love this, girl! We should always give high fives to ourselves for our accomplishments. We totallydeserve the credit…especially for our major! You’re such a great person. And congrats on getting chosen to do that blog! :-)

February 4, 2012

thanks for the compliment AND i am so happy you love the idea :) xo

Fabulous idea girlie!! Something that I am proud of this week is starting this fitness feature on my blog…I never thought I would do something like that that other people would enjoy!

February 4, 2012

well it was an amazing idea :) i love it too and am proud of you as well xo

Heidi

What a great idea!! : )

fitpeanut

February 3, 2012

I’m proud because I’m done with therapy !!
    Wednesday was my last meeting with the psychologist and we both agreed that I learnt a lot about myself, came from far and that I’m strong !

And it’s a hugggggggge accomplishement for me !

And also, I said yes to the job offer ! (as an aerospace engineer !!). So I’m proud of myself because a few years ago, I thought nobody will ever want to hire me looooool . But I did it !!!!!

Btw you can be proud of your “high five friday” idea ! It’s great ! I wanna join =)

February 4, 2012

congrats sweetheart xo so proud of you :D and definitely join in <3 i want this to be a big event blog wide :)

Oh my gosh Meg this is seriously the best idea! I will definitely be doing this next week. :D

PS. I would love to see your LHEA blog… link? :)

I’m proud that I forced myself to study all afternoon without getting distracted by the internet… until now. Whoops! Haha.

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig

February 3, 2012

This is a great idea! I’m on board :) I know I can always turn to your blog for positive posts! This week I’m proud of finishing my job (and finally having the courage to quit!) and for officially becoming a certified level 2 PT instructor (as of last night)!

so happy you are on board :) I always know I can count on my girl <3

I am proud of you too! OMG! congrats on level two! about to email you!

Tara

February 3, 2012

I love it. You are so right – I definitely tend to dwell on the negatives rather than see all the positive that I’ve accomplished. I’ll throw some high fives into my post tonight!!

February 4, 2012

wahoo :) can’t wait to read. so happy you are on board with the idea xo

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats

February 3, 2012

Congrats on starting a blog for the LHEA. Great idea and thanks for the shout out! :) The accomplishment I am most proud of this week is officially getting my RN license in the mail. Another thing I am proud of is actually listening to my body when I was feeling pain when trying to run and stopping instead of pushing through it.

February 4, 2012

that’s a huge accomplishment! so many people would ignore the pain and keep going. i am so proud of you! seriously! that’s HUGE

Becca@learnasyougocook

February 4, 2012

I know it’s not much but I am proud of myself for finishing my social civics class:)

February 4, 2012

that’s definitely something to be proud of hun! i am proud of you too :)

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes

February 4, 2012

This is such a great idea and I enjoy reading everyone’s comments. Nothing like a good dose of positivity to kick off the weekend! I’m just proud I survived this week. It was a tough one.

February 4, 2012

I am glad you survived too hehe <3 so happy you like the idea pretty lady!

Shannon

Hey Meg!
    I just wanted to let you know that I regularly follow your blog and think it is absolutely amazing! You provide me with so much inspiration (and recipes hehe), I always look forward to coming home after a long day to check out your blog! I’ve always been nervous to leave a comment because I’m kind of a shy person, but after seeing this post I thought I must! I love this idea! It’s really a great way for us to give ourselves some credit for the amazing things we do!
    Thanks :)

February 4, 2012

Wow Shannon! This comment actually brought me to tears! (Happy tears of course!)

I am so thankful for you and your comment <3 thank you for reading my blog :)

I am really happy you like this idea too. I hope you can think of something today to celebrate <3 I am sure you have an amazing ability that needs to be recognized xo

Ali Mc

February 4, 2012

this is so AWESOME!!!!! what a great idea…you need to make a button :) I’ll do it every friday! congrats to everyone for their achievements ;)

February 4, 2012

HAHA I just asked two girlies over Twitter how to make a button!!!!!!! I definitely need one! I am not sure how!?

Ali Mc

February 4, 2012

I can make you one….just send me a picture that you want to use :) unless
        you need help designing that too?? then you’d have to tell me what you want
        it to look like!

February 4, 2012

p.s. so happy you are going to join in xo

Christy

February 4, 2012

Just seeing some of these follow up comments. You should def find out how to create a button! I’m sure jenn with peas and crayons/wiaw is a good source to consult! I would totally include on my blog Fridays too!

really!? :D I would love that girl xo

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish

February 4, 2012

Oh, Meg, I absolutely LOVE this!! Cheers to sharing our accomplishments and celebrating others’!

This week I’m proud of finishing a research paper an entire week before it’s due! As an undergrad, I always worked up to the last minute, so this is a big change! And it feels really good! :-)

Happy weekend, love!

Ohhhhh finishing things early feel SO amazing :D

so happy you like the idea xo thank you :)

26. Pingback: Sweat It Out Saturday: Leg Workout | A Dash Of Meg

great idea! i’m proud of my progress i made on my dietetic internship applications yesterday

February 4, 2012

ooooo :) I am proud of you too! lots of my friends have been stressing over those

28. Pingback: Love, Rock & Balms! | Running with Spatulas

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy

February 4, 2012

This is amazing! In addition to congratulating others, we need to remember to congratulate ourselves! So congrats to you on creating a blog for LHEA and congrats to me for creating my own button this week. <–small, but I was proud for figuring it all out. :)

February 4, 2012

I am proud of you too :D I didn`t create mine! hahahaha technology is tough to figure out girl! proud of ya

Tessa @ Amazing Asset

February 6, 2012

Hi Meg!
    This is such a wonderful idea, and when I saw it on Friday I was smiling from ear to ear! You are so lovely for complimenting me here as you did, and girl, thank you for that :) It certainly helped to brighten my day! It is so important to congratulate ourselves as well as others, and this is a great reminder!

February 6, 2012

I said what was true, love. I seriously become inspired after each of your posts <3 you write so beautifully <3 thank you for everything xo. You have no idea what you do for me :) xo

And I am so happy you like the idea for High Five Friday! Hope you are able to take part this coming Fri! <3

31. Pingback: FLOW #2

32. Pingback: Sardines and High Fives | LIFT weights. SAVOR food. LOVE life.

Stephanie @itrainthereforeieat

February 10, 2012

I love this idea and this post!! What a great and inspirational way to end the week! Your posts always make me smile, and this one is no different. You are right it does often slip my mind to congratulate myself on what I’ve done well… I think I will congratulate myself of making it through a very emotionally draining work week and keeping up with my studies and blogging at the same time! Have a wonderful weekend!

Amanda @RunToTheFinish

February 10, 2012

adore this idea!! i’ve been running an appreciation challenge for the month of feb and so many readers keep saying how hard it is to appreciate themselves!

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit

February 10, 2012

I adore this idea and am so glad you decided to start it!!! :)

One thing I’m pretty proud of is the fact that I really buckled down this week in school and made sure that I stayed on top of assignments, exams, etc. My reward? A wonderful (almost) homework free weekend!!!

36. Pingback: Sweat It Out Saturday: Live Fit Phase 2 | A Dash Of Meg

37. Pingback: A Weeks Worth of Workouts! | A Dash Of Meg

38. Pingback: High Five Friday #3 | A Dash Of Meg

39. Pingback: Hip….not in the good way | Running with Spatulas

40. Pingback: Most random post to date (final day to virtually kick some butt) | Running with Spatulas