hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Happy Saturday

February 25, 2012 | Breakfast, Eat, Social Life | 29 Comments

Oh my goodness, there is so much to be happy about today it’s quite unbelievable Smile

1. First off, I am so thankful (and happy) for the wonderful response and support I am getting towards High Five Friday Smile I love hearing about everyone’s accomplishments over the past week Smile It’s also really nice to see that some of you are linking up to my post, so other readers can hop over to your blog and see the High Five Friday celebration happening over there as well! Smile Honestly, thank you so much for helping me celebrate such an important thing yesterday Smile High fives to all of us Open-mouthed smile

What else am I happy about?

2. Well, if you have been following along with me for some time now, you would probably have realized by now that I have a dream of making a difference in the world by helping others. Now, this can seem very intimidating, but I know I can do it Smile I have such a passion about making a difference in someone’s life that when Sarah asked in her most recent post “What do you want ‘more than anything in the world’?” I replied with the answer:

“I want to help others more than anything in the world!”

I have many different ideas up my sleeve on how I can make a difference, but when Lindsay posted about Pass It Forward through the Shine Project my list on how I can make a difference got a bit longer Winking smile

If you have already heard about the Pass It Forward project, great – you’re going to hear about it again because it’s worth repeating for those who have not heard about it yet Open-mouthed smile The following description has been taken from Ashley’s blog which describes the project:

“Pass It Forward was designed to get people to do little things, everyday, that makes an impact on the community around them. Pass it Forward is designed around a card. Each card is given a unique ID number. Lets say we’re at McDonalds, and I decide to pay for the person behind me in the drive through. I’d give the cashier the card, and tell them to pass it along to the next car when the give them the food that has been paid for. I then go home and log into the website that was on the card, and find my unique ID number. I log into it, and add my information… My first name, city, and a description of what I did….

If the person behind me was you, you would pass it forward to someone else, and then would go home and do the same thing.

From the very beginning, you will be able to track where your card goes, and how many people you affect just by doing one simple act of kindness.

I’m excited to see how many people we affect by doing this. Imagine tracking your card, and over a period of time, seeing that 100 other people had good things happen to them just because you did something simple.”

Right as soon as I heard about this project I knew I had to get involved Open-mouthed smile So, I headed over to Ashley’s blog and purchased my Pass It Forward card!

I cannot wait until I get these cards in my hands Open-mouthed smile
Oh the things that I will be able to do with them! Winking smile Hehe!

More on why I am happy…

3. I get to see my Mommy today! Open-mouthed smile

feb break2 016

I have been loving the time I got to spend with my Daddy this week, but let’s be real – a girl needs her Mom, too!

4. I also have pretty rockin’ looking nails these days!

feb break3 024

There’s no denying it, shatter polish rules!

5. Weekend = pancakes <3

pancake 003

YUM! A mountain of pancakes with chocolate protein sauce and my homemade strawberry sauce, too! Winking smile

I leave tomorrow morning (early morning, think 5 AM early!), but I will be sure to post once I am back in London Smile

Lots of love!

What’s making your Saturday happy?
Did you buy your Pass It Forward card yet? Winking smile
You know you want to…
Do you like shatter polish? I am thinking of doing a review on the brands I have used so far and my favourite colour combinations! Smile How do you like the sounds of that!?

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Kate @ Chasing It

February 25, 2012

This is for real??? OMG! I love it! I’m totally going to buy one! Honestly nothing makes me happier than making others happy, so this would be perfect. And yayyy crackle polish!! I tried the royal blue with some baby blue background, and it looked so cute, but then I was too impatient and went to pick something up and totally smudged it grrrrrrr haha.

February 26, 2012

it is for real sweetie 😀

I bet your nails look wonderful :) i need to buy myself a baby blue :)

Michelle (Better with Berries)

February 25, 2012

Hey Meg!! I am so glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours! Especially because you are on your way to becoming a dietitian, like me :-) We can share stories as we go!

P.S. LOVE that nail polish!!

February 26, 2012

Thanks for coming over to my blog, love :) Cannot wait to start a blogger friendship with you :) <3 I love talking about my program and finding out about other people who are studying the same thing :) Yay! Would love to share stories <3

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean

February 25, 2012

yay!!!! so glad you liked the project. I’ve got my card coming in the mail too :)

I am so excited Lindsay 😀

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin

February 25, 2012

Pass it Forward is such an amazing idea! I really want to get involved and buy a card too! 😀

And yay for getting to see your mom today! I hope you enjoy your last day at home hun. Can’t wait to see you soon! xoxo

February 25, 2012

Have fun with your momma pretty lady! I love your nails AND your pancakes 😉

February 25, 2012

Happy Saturday love!

Love your nails, I am usually not a fan of the shattered look but yours look super cute!

Yay for seeing your mom, I know you are very happy for that!

Oh pancakes, that is a delicious looking stack there!

Have a great day love and great rest of the weekend! <3

February 26, 2012

Awww I am happy you like my nails 😀 Means a lot from you since your such a trend setter 😉

Linz @ Itz Linz

February 25, 2012

my daddy-o took me to breakfast this morning! that definitely made my saturday! and now my momma is on her way to my house and we’re going to the local farmer’s market. my saturday is shaping up quite nicely actually! i’m not sure how i feel about shatter nail polish, but i do think it looks adorable on you, so it’s something i would be interested in trying… so yes, def do a review! :) xoxo happy saturday!

February 26, 2012

Your day sounds amazing babe :) xoxo

Annette@ EnjoyYourHealthyLife

February 25, 2012

That is some awesome stuff to be happy about :) Have fun with your momma!!

February 26, 2012

Annette! :) Thank you so much for the comment! It means so much to me as I LOVE your blog :) xo

February 25, 2012

1. yes AND YES for making a difference. big or small, it all counts!

2. Yay for Moms! So glad you got to visit with yours, Moms really are the best.

3. Is there a recipe posted for that strawberry sauce?

😀 xoxo

February 26, 2012

Courtney!! I miss you girl! I hope you had a great time at home :)

And my strawberry sauce – strawberries blended in my Magic Bullet 😀 Magic! 😉

February 25, 2012

The pass it forward idea is great! I dunno about paying for one though.. I think I could make a pretty cute one for free and do the same project!

What a wonderful idea – people don’t do enough kind things for each other in my opinion. We spend so much time bitching about other people and getting angry and we often dont stop and say “maybe this person is going through something rough – I should do something nice for them.”

Ali Mc

February 26, 2012

I love the crackle/shatter nail polish. there’s also stuff that you can do with a magnet and make it all cool. LOVE

Heather @ For the Love of Kale

February 26, 2012

WHAT AN AMAZING IDEA!!! So inspiring. I totally am going to do this. RIGHT NOW. LOVE YOU!!!

YAY! Safe trip girl. I want to seeeee you! And to give you my silver crackle polish cuz I don’t like that colour on anything I have, and maybe you can help me find one that looks good and then give it back?! :)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats

February 26, 2012

Getting more settled in and getting to spend the morning with my dad made my Saturday really happy! I love shatter polish! Right now I have dark gray with hot pink shatter over the top. My ring fingers each have black sparkly polish on them. My sister is a nail fanatic so I had to have her paint mine one last time before I moved! I am basically incapable of painting my left hand myself. lol.

February 26, 2012

I’ve been MIA for too long ahahha

wooooooo your nails are crazy ! I’ve never seen something like that before !

Enjoy your time with your mom (i love the picture ! lots of love !!)

February 26, 2012

The idea of “Pass It On” is fabulous! Such a great idea- fun, giving, and touching… I def wanna check it out!

I haven’t tried the shatter polishes yet because I get gel at the salon and they don’t have shatter gel but I love the look of it! I totes would wanna try a pink + silver combination :)

February 26, 2012

The reason why I wanted to work in health and wellness was to help others. Being someone who suffered from an ED, I wanted to reach out specifically to young women who hate their bodies, and show them that they CAN love themselves and they CAN be healthy, without being deathly thin! I just have such a huge heart for helping others find peace and happiness with themself, and I cant wait to get started~!

Katie @ OhShineOn

February 26, 2012

I love the idea of passing it forward. I try to make a daily practice out of it. There’s no point if you live life purely for yourself… you have to make it about others. So glad you posted this! And right about Lent… nothing could be more of an encouragement!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness

February 26, 2012

You DO inspire and help so many people, Meg, with your wonderful blog, and your beautiful, honest and positive posts! :-) Love your motivation and passion, so so much – and you! <3 xyx

21. Pingback: The SHINE Project | For the Love of Kale The SHINE Project |