Dreaming of Jacob

by Meg on February 29, 2012

Good Wednesday morning friends! Smile How are all of my loves today?

Even though it is only slightly past 9:00 am here, my day has been fantastic so far Smile And it’s only going to get better Winking smile

After a wonderful 9 hour sleep (still working on catching up on the hours I missed out on from Saturday night) I got up and enjoyed a bowl of quinoa with chocolate almond milk and a favourite omelette combination of mine – mushrooms, green onion, and parmesan cheese!

egg puff 020

This is a wonderful combination, so if you haven’t tried it yet – you should! For the parmesan, I use Galaxy Nutrition vegan parmesan which is soy based. I love this stuff and just finished off the container this morning! I guess that means grocery trip soon Winking smile

After fuelling up after that long luxurious sleep I had, I hit the gym to do this workout! I went easy on my shoulders today as my right shoulder bothered me a bit yesterday. I am feeling better today, but I didn’t want to do anything to my shoulder, so I played it safe and went light. I finished off my shoulder routine with one of my favourite Body Rock workouts, Grab Your Balls. However, I am not as intense as Zuzanna (especially after already doing a full shoulder workout), so I only completed the workout once instead of three times. Overall, it was a good workout and I was in need of my shake after everything was done Smile I downed my shake way too fast to take a picture, but it contained protein powder (About Time), a splash of almond milk, a handful of spinach (maybe two Winking smile), dates, and water for more liquid.

I have a full day of studying ahead of me today as my midterm for Nutrition Throughout the Lifecycles is on Saturday. But don’t worry friends – today won’t be all work and no play…

I gotta fit in the play time at some point, right? Winking smile (P.s. the gym doesn’t count – that’s hard work! Winking smile)

Last night, I took a little trip downtown…

IMG-20120228-01064

Oh, I love the downtown life <3
I am such a city girl…

A city girl that takes pictures of herself walking downtown by herself because she loves life so much and needs to share that love with all of her readers <3

IMG-20120228-01067

(Perhaps this is why I don’t have a boyfriend. Note to self: Maybe I should stop taking pictures of myself? Who am I kidding… never! Gotta spread the love Smile)

So anyways, why was I downtown last night? Wasn’t I suppose to be studying!? Well ladies and gentlemen, I had to pick up these!

tix 001

Tonight’s the night! Hedley is in town and I am going Winking smile (I am also missing class tonight, but shhh – I need to see my Jacob <3)

My friend and I are going to go out for sushi tonight before the concert and then bask in the wonderful glory of Jacob himself Smile I am so excited! I’ve had quite the obsession with Jacob in the past, but it has tamed down over the years; however, when I found out Hedley was coming to London I knew I had to go. My Daddy scored us great seats right by the stage, so tonight’s going to be PERFECT <3 (And sushi will just add to the perfection!)

I will be sure to update you all tomorrow Winking smile (Sorry non-Hedley fans!)

Do you like going to concerts?
What was the last concert you have been to?
Favourite Hedley song?

See you all tomorrow!

Lots of love!

xoxoxoxo

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body February 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I used to be a Hedley fan! I bet the concert is going to be great :) Your email the other day made me smile girl! I will be getting back to you. I have three midterms this week, and three assignments next week, so I’m super busy but I still DEFINITELY want to do a meet up soon :)

Meg March 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM

OK :D just focus on school and get back to me whenever xxoo love ya

Emma February 29, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Eeek, I have never heard of Hedley! I will need to check them out.

The last concert I saw was Guster when they performed at Emory University. I loooove them!

Meg March 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I have never heard of them!

Linz @ Itz Linz February 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM

oooh love me some sushi! and i am totally a weirdo who takes TONS of self-portrait pictures. if we were so good looking then it wouldn’t make sense… but we are, so it does! ha!

Alexandra February 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’ve never heard of that band before, gotta go hit up YouTube! Hope you have tons of fun at the concert!! :)

Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy February 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

UM WOWZER! That sounds like a blast! Have fun girl. I saw Hedley years ago when I was in high school and Jacob mooned us. Jealous yet?

Meg March 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Oh i have been mooned by hom before. No jealousy there. <3 I know he has Hedley tattood on his beautiful bottom <3

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit February 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM

have fun at the concert girl!!! That is going to be a blast and I totally give you permission to skip class for it. Since, ya know…I have authority to do that and all. hehe love ya!

Meg March 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

HAHA LOVE UUUUUU

Yolie @ Practising Wellness February 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Ah, fun times! I’ve never been to a concert, but I would LOVE to see one republic, that would be a dream come true! :-) Can you believe I’ve never heard of Hedley?! It appears I need to fix this! ;-) Hope your shoulder stops bothering you soon, three cheers for listening to your body! <3 xyx

Meg March 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

thanks love :D

Katie February 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Have fun at the concert!

Self pics are allowed for sure! I do it all the time :)

Happy Wednesday! <3

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes February 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I hope you enjoy the concert!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile February 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM

That omelet looks like a pizza! Looks super yummy :D Ahh have sooo much fun at the concert!! <3

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig February 29, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Have fun! You’re so cute, taking photos of yourself! I got your email – you’re so sweet!!! I’ll reply when I land, how exciting!! xoxox

Ali Mc February 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Have fun…I actually don’t like Hedley (sorry) but glad you are going to see them, as I love a good concert. Please come by my blog when you get the chance and help my mom win the TC contest :D xoxox

Meg March 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

sorry girl! I have been falling so far behind with blogs :( I am heading over to yours RIGHT now xxo

Caitlin February 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I’ve never heard of that band! The pic of you out and about is so pretty. I’d take those kinds of solo walks if I live near one as well! Your breakfast sounds super yummy especially that omelette. Good job taking it easy on your shoulder, I know it can be hard.

Meg March 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Awwwww thanks sweetie xxoo

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats March 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I’ve never heard of Hedley but it sounds like you are going to have an awesome night! :) Can’t wait to hear all about it girl!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 1, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Hope you’re having fun at the concert girl! You definitely didn’t miss anything in Management class. :P

Haha I didn’t realize you’re going for sushi tonight though! Are you still up for sushi on Saturday or should we go somewhere else?

Lils March 1, 2012 at 4:11 AM

You’ll love the concert !! I saw them a couple years ago, there are amazing !! :):) LOVED the breakfast ! You can never go wrong with eggs for Breakfast ! <3

Allison March 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I’ve never heard of Hedley but I listen to the clip- sounds good! The last concert I went to was T.Swift- it was the second time I’ve seen her in concert… SHE ROCKS!!!