Hello darlings! 🙂
What a busy girl I have been over the past day and a half, but I am getting through – no worries! Despite the business, I wanted to take some time out of my day to thank all of you for your love and support throughout this whole mess I’m dealing with right now 🙂
Yes, it sucks, but it could be much, much worse. All the comments and emails that I have been receiving from all of you are so wonderful and I cannot even begin to show you how much I appreciate the friendships that I have made with all of you <3 Again, thank you so much!
I also wanted to give you a little recap on the happenings after the flood!
– I came back to my apartment after spending the night at the hotel and learnt that the flood got much worse once I left 🙁 Like, much much worse. My ceiling is sagging, the paint on my walls are hanging like drapes… let’s just say it’s a mess. So, I was told that I had to move since there was a lot more than needed to be fixed and replaced other than just the carpets. Luckily, the apartment I was living in had another single room available! So, I am able to still live in the same apartment, just a different floor.
– My laptop is toast. I took it to Staples right after yesterday morning’s post in hopes that they could retreive everything on my hard drive. I told them the “most important” files that I wanted to make sure they got first just in case they weren’t able to get everything. I told them I wanted my “school documents”, “blog documents”, and “my pictures” for sure. They were able to retreive everything except my pictures. Only a few pictures were transferred over and then my laptop completely crashed 🙁
– I’m between apartments right now, so I spent another night at the hotel, but I think tonight I will be able to spend my first night in my new place!
– I only had one breakdown yesterday! I am taking this whole situation really well, actually. But in the midst of moving yesterday I realized how much stuff I have to move and felt really overwhelmed 🙁 Trying to keep up with school, group projects, individual assignments, and exams is hard enough! A move just adds to the stress, so being the extremely lucky girl I am, my Mom is arriving in London in just a few short hours to rescue her girl 🙂
– I went to the Dr. yesterday just to get my bruises checked out. I fell pretty hard the night of the flood, so I thought it would be best to get a look over. My elbow has a nasty bruise, but is not broken or anything of the sort. My lower back is also bruised quite badly, so the Dr. was very concerned about my tailbone and pelvis, but after a few pokes and prods we concluded I am A-OK 🙂
To be honest, I think the majority of my lower body pain is actually DOMS, haha! On Monday morning I did a new leg workout and totally owned the gym 😉 If you want guaranteed DOMS do the following and push hard:
Quad Focused Leg Workout (Phase 2 Weeks 7 – 8)
Narrow stance squats 2 x 12, 2 x 8
Narrow width leg presses 4 x 8
Step ups 4 x 8
Walking lunges 3 x 10
Bulgarian split squat 4 x 8
Calf raises 3 x 20
Leg extentions 3 x 10
– I have definitely learnt what a strong person I have become! This situation really sucks, but I’m keeping on keeping on 😉
Now, you all know me, I am one of those “look at the glass half full” type of people 😉 So, now that you are updated on what’s been happening with me, let’s look at the positives that have come from the situation! Because there are a lot 😉
Finding the Positives
– I am moving up six floors in my apartment! What does this mean!? A better view, obviously! 😉
– Three very attractive guys came to help me move yesterday 😉 So that kind of put a smile on my face 🙂 Ok, not kind of, it totally put a smile on my face 😉
– I get a new laptop! I had the biggest HP laptop you could get your hands on; it was 17.5 inches! So, I wasn’t a fan of caring it to school every day any ways!
– My Mom is coming today 😀 So, I will be able to finally get a hug that I am longing for! No one has hugged me since the flood and I am in desperate need 🙁 A girl needs to be comforted, you know?
– My Mom is coming today 😀 And my back is sore, so I am pretty sure I am going to request a massage 😉 <3
– My Mom is coming today 😀 haha, ok, I think you get the point – I am pretty excited about my Mom’s arrival. I am actually off to the airport right now, so I should say good bye!
I feel really bad for falling behind on really all of your posts 🙁 But trust me, I will catch up when time allows!
Love you all!
Now that I am on the hunt for a new lap top, what do you recommend? MAC or PC? I was leaning toward a MAC, but the salesperson told me that “if I am not video editing or gaming it’s a waste of a lot of money.” Thoughts!? If you have a MAC, tell me what you use it for and why you love it (that is if you love your MAC, but I haven’t really heard anyone that dislikes their MAC?)
The days have been feeling like years lately. Has anyone else been feeling this way, too?
It’s WIAW! What was the best thing you ate today? I was so looking forward to WIAW this week, but wanted to write this recap post instead 🙁 Hope you all don’t mind 😉 You are going to have to wait a bit longer to see the yummies that I have been cooking up lately 😉