hey there, gorgeous!
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

March Foodie Pen Pals!

March 30, 2012 | Uncategorized | 26 Comments

Hello friends! :)

Exciting news – I have internet in my new apartment as of today! Ah, yes. Life is slowly, but surely getting back to normal. A person, such as myself, sure doesn’t realize how much they rely on internet until it is gone! I have felt so lost ever since Monday night. I miss blogging with pictures, reading all of your blogs, googling every little question that pops into my head, etc., etc. But, like I said, everything is getting back to normal. And just in time too because today is time to celebrate my first ever experience with Foodie Pen Pals and the ninth High Five Friday! This post; however, will be dedicated solely to March Foodie Pen Pals and then I will come back later for some very exciting High Five Friday shout outs 😉

The Lean Green Bean

For the month of March I finally participated in Foodie Pen Pals offered by the wonderful Lindsay. I have absolutely loved my entire experience with the program and most definitely will be taking part in it again! Thank you, Lindsay! <3

From the time I received the name of my foodie pen pal, Denise, to the time I received my package from Erin who had me as a foodie pen pal I was ecstatic! Foodie Pen Pals is such an exciting event and I highly suggest you take part in it if you haven’t done so yet 😉

I was ever so lucky to receive a package from Erin for the month of March. Erin was a wonderful first foodie pen pal to have as she is from Saskatchewan and lives very close to my hometown! It was so exciting to receive some goodies from Saskatchewan :) It was like getting a little taste of home 😉 Now, let’s take a peak at what I got from Erin, my new Saskatchewan friend all thanks to Foodie Pen Pals!

Grape and Orange flavoured Trident Splash – Erin’s favourite :)

“The best” lip balm ever. I have to say, this was a very much appreciated gift :) Even if it was “non-food” related. My lips are chapped and crying for some moisture 😉 I have this lip balm in my purse at all times now :)

I definitely love the honeydew scent :)

I think Erin knew that I have been wanting to munch on trail mix lately. For some reason, the warm weather has be craving nuts all of the time. Nuts and salads seems to be what I am craving lately, so this package of trail mix was lovely to receive! I love how it is from a local bakery in Regina :)

I also received Saskatoon berry jam, but not just any Saskatoon berry jam… homemade Saskatoon berry jam! I love homemade jam and Saskatoon berry!? How Saskatchewanish(?) 😉 This item definitely made the package! Saskatoon berries equal Saskatchewan summer memories for me!

And last, but not least – the “splurge” of Erin’s package to me! Homemade macaroons from a local bakery which she loves! Right when I opened this box of macaroons I could simply smell how amazing they were going to taste!

A special thank you goes out to Lindsay for organizing Foodie Pen Pals and putting so much work into the program – she’s truly amazing and very inspiring!

Another thank you goes out to Erin, my first foodie pen pal and new friend! Thank you for the wonderful and extremely delicious package 😉 I thoroughly enjoyed! I hope to meet you this summer when I am in Regina <3

And to close, if you want to see what I sent to my foodie pen pal, Denise, check out her post! :)

Talk to you later! Be ready to celebrate High Five Friday 😉

Lots of love,

xoxoxoxo

What was your favourite item in your foodie pen pal package this month?

Do you like trail mix? If so, what is your favourite ingredient in trail mix? In the trail mix that I received from Erin, I am loving the almonds :) Raw all natural almonds are one of my favourite snacks ever :)

Do you have a local bakery that you always go to? There are tons of local bakeries in London, but I don’t go to them often! However, I should start as there is a wonderful bakery just down the street from me that bakes delicious looking loaves of crusty multigrain breads! :)

Tags: ,

26 Comments

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl

March 30, 2012

This is so awesome! I am totally going to do this next month :)

March 30, 2012

Good :) That makes me happy :)

Carol Anne @ Rock Salt

March 30, 2012

I think that lip balm is an acceptable departure from food, especially a good one like that :)

Thanks for commenting Carol Anne :) I love hearing from my readers xo

Emily

March 30, 2012

What a fun box of goodies! I participated in foodie pen-pals in January but have taken the past few months off. I definitely need to jump back into the rotation!
    That lip balm is seriously my favorite thing ever, by the way. I have every flavor! haha. (:

March 30, 2012

It really is the best, isn’t it!? I hand’t ever seen it before! CLEARLY I am out of the loop! What is your favourite flavour out of them all? :)

yay! homemade maccaroons sound so good right now!

Allison

March 30, 2012

I’m joining the pen pal group in April and I’m psyched!!! My fave trail mix is sweet + salty… I like cereal + nuts + pretzels 😛 Does that count?!

Of course it counts :)

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit

March 30, 2012

Congrats on getting all moved in!!! And yay for internet! I feel sooo disconnected without it. Love all your goodies, especially the trail mix. Dried apricots are my favorite!! Haven’t had them in forever. Hope you have an awesome friday love! 😀

March 30, 2012

Awww babe – I love you and miss our chats so much! Cannot wait to catch up xo

Linz @ Itz Linz

March 30, 2012

My favorite item in my package was these killer pita bites! So good!! I looooove trail mix!! I love the random dried fruit that I don’t eat on a regular basis… dried mango, papaya, etc. :)

March 30, 2012

Ooooo so true, girl! I love dried fruit, but do not have it often :) My fav is mango or apricot I think :)

Alexandra

March 30, 2012

Wowza, what a grand box! That trail mix looks so good and Saskatoon jam?? I’ve never even heard of that berry! 😀
    Oh and I totally think YOU deserve the hugest high five for making it through such a stressful week. I’m so so so glad to hear things are going okay now though, yay for internet!!

March 30, 2012

You definitely need to try Saskatoon berries when you come visit me, babe 😉 HEHE!

P.s. thanks so much for all of the love and prayers xo

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt

March 30, 2012

I love the trail mix I received, it had these wonderful cherries in it

March 31, 2012

Mmmm dried cherries!? Yum :)

March 31, 2012

What? How fun! I have never heard of this! Oh, Saskatoon berries ^^ yum!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats

March 31, 2012

What a great package! :) My favorite trail mix has dark chocolate chunks, cashews, and almonds! I haven’t found a local bakery yet but my grandma has been raving about one that she has been to here. I am going to surprise her with some goodies when I go to visit them on Sunday!

March 31, 2012

Oh my goodness Abby! Everything you names IS in my trail mix! I guess you would love this one 😉

Megan

March 31, 2012

Oooh that looks awesome! Would love to have a foodie pen pal!

March 31, 2012

I would love to have YOU as a foodie pen pal 😉

Whoaaa this is so neat! It’s like a Luxe Box with food! Need to look into this!!

p.s. glad things are looking up for you!! :)

March 31, 2012

Awww, Danielle – you are just incredible <3 Thank you hun :) xo Love you

Yay for having the internet again! I always feel so lost without it. #sadbuttrue

What a sweet package from Erin – I bet that homemade jam is amazing! 😀

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig

March 31, 2012

Haha I couldn’t help but laugh…I’ve been without internet for five weeks now! You eventually get used to it. It’s nice only having an hour or two online at most. It allows you to spend your time a little more wisely :)