Showing My Love

by Meg on March 30, 2012

I think I said, “I love my blogging friends” a billion times today. What would I do without you guys?

Seriously. So much love, comforting supports, and helpful advice is pretty much a guarantee from all of you and I couldn’t appreciate it more :) <3 Thank you!

Today was another busy day, surprise surprise. But, I did want to show my love and say a quick hi to all of you before I go to bed for the night :)

I hope you all aren’t’ getting sick and tired of these updates, but that’s what you’re getting until my life gets back to normal ;)

• My Mom and I finished moving me into my new apartment as of 9:30 this morning! It feels so good to have all of my stuff in one place :) Even if it is a disaster ;) But I know everything will get put into its place sooner or later! :)
  • I loved all of the feedback after yesterday’s post! It’s easy to say that the majority of my readers are Mac users that’s for sure ;) And I am proud to say that now I am, too! :) I am currently writing this post in a coffee shop, Coffee Culture, on my new Mac :) I went with the 13 inch MacBook Pro :) Again, thank you for all of the suggestions. They truly did help with my end decision. I decided on a Mac because of the battery life, long life in general, minimal problems (I hate viruses), light weight, and, oh, all of the other wonderful benefits you all mentioned :) I absolutely love it and assume that I would have regretted getting a PC since my HP was giving me huge issues after only having it since June ’09.
  • My Mom and I tried a new sushi restaurant tonight. It was all you can eat sushi which is not what we usually do, so it was different than what I was used to, but it was OK. However, I told my Mom that it did not satisfy my sushi craving, so we scheduled another sushi date for Saturday at noon ;) You can never have too much sushi, right?
  • My hair is driving me nuts, so I have a haircut booked after our sushi date on Saturday
  • My gym shoes have a hole in them (huge crisis!), so I need new shoes for lifting. What are your suggestions? (Seeing as how you guys are pro’s at offering me suggestions ;)) I was thinking of the New Balance Minimus Zero – thoughts? I’m going to go try on a pair tomorrow after my class.
  • Tomorrow is High Five Friday; the ninth one! I am really excited and hope you all help me celebrate! :)
  • I’m extremely tired and think it’s time for bed. I am going to be up early tomorrow to head to the gym before my 8:30 class, so I better say good night!

Good night friends! Thanks again for all of the support!

Love,
xoxoxoxo

P.s. I totally miss blogging about food and my workouts – I am kind of going crazy.

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl March 30, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Congrats on getting Mac! You won’t regret it :)

As for new shoes, I totally suggest Nike free runs! I have 4 pairs and still want more!

Meg March 31, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I seriously loving my Mac already, babe :) LOVE LOVE LOVE

Michelle (Better with Berries) March 30, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I’m so glad things are getting better!! You are definitely handling a tough situation so well. I wish I had been there to give you a big hug yesterday!

I didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday, but I would have suggested the Mac too :-) I love it!! It’s so worth the extra cost – I just love NEVER having any type of problems with it, like viruses, etc. And it’s so lightweight and all the files on it stay so organized.

Way to look on the positive side – you have such a great outlook on life! I love it! And I love you! :)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish March 30, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Meg, I’m sending you a huge HUG right now!! Gah, I love you!! <3 I'm so so sorry that the past few days have been stressful. You definitely didn't deserve or need any of it, hun. But I'm so so SO happy to hear that the sun is shining again in your world. How could it not be, with your optimistic outlook and the fact that your lovely mom is visiting? <3

Horray for going with a 13" MacBook Pro! That's what I have, and I absolutely LOVE it. I think you'll fall in love with yours too. The reliability and support make the extra cost completely worth it. :)

I've heard great things about the New Balance Minimus Zero, and think they sound like a great shoe for you! Plus, they come in tons of fun bright colors–perfect motivation to hit the gym!

Happy Friday, pretty lady! You're in my thoughts and prayers! xoxoxo <3

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig March 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Aww I’m glad things are a bit better now and you’ve moved into your new home. All you can eat sushi is dangerous in my relationship!! Rob and I went once, and he had like 100 plates. No exaggeration. I had to roll him out of there but, in true form, he was ready to eat again 30 minutes later!

Kate @ Chasing It March 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

We <3 you too!!! :-) So glad everything's going well and you and your mom have everything mostly settled. And YAYY so glad you love your new Mac!! :-D Have fun with it AND with sushi, haircuts and shoe shopping!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Yay I’m glad things are looking good for you right now!

Sorry you weren’t a fan of the sushi restaurant! :( Did you order any salmon sashimi? Ours was to die for – so soft and buttery!

Kat March 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!! :):)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats March 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Never enough sushi dates–you are spot on my love! :) I really love wearing my Vibrams for lifting but I want to find some new shoes as well. I really like these– http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brooks-PureConnect/1201021B128.080,default,pd.html?start=6&cgid=womens-runningshoes-pure I know they are for running but I just think they are super cute!

Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy March 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM

YAY FOR MACS! Welcome to the club.

Life's a Bowl March 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

We’ve got the same computer now, fab choice ;P

Katie@Real Food Katie's Way March 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

WAHOO! Welcome to the dark side fellow mac user ;) You will never go back!

I am SO happy to hear about your apartment resolution!

Everything happens for a reason Megs. Here’s to a new chapter!

Kristen @ Swanky Dietitian March 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Came across your blog! :)
I am actually a pc owner, but gosh, I love the look of a mac. They are so nice! Enjoy!

Meg March 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Hey Kristen! Thank you thank you thank you for commenting :D I can’t wait to become blog friends now ;)

I am loving my Mac :) LOVE!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Okay obviously I have been out of the loop this week – new apartment? Was the flood damage that extensive?

Meg March 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Aw, don’t worry girlfriend :) I have definitely been out of the loop this week too :( I haven’t been over to your blog all week :’( In fact, I haven’t read any blogs all week! It feels so weird! I will be catching up with you soon, though <3

And yes – new apartment. I slept in a hotel the night it happened and then came back to a ceiling that was drooping and told I had to move :( Luckily they had another suite within the same apt :D

Capucine March 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Oh, yay! So happy you’ve got a mac, they are SUPER. Shame that it’s not the Air though, those really are a tad better – cheaper, faster, and SO much lighter. I’d seriously suggest that you reconsider – you have 14 days with an Apple product to exchange. Unless you’re going to play video games all day, or edit movies all day you really don’t need the MacBook Pro, and the lighter Air really is wonderful, as a fellow smaller person who carries it to class, the library, gym, work…, my back REALLY thanks me for the difference in weight. You have the flexibility to exchange – I would really recommend that you check out the Air. Email me if you’d like to chat about it :)

Capucine March 31, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Also, gosh, sorry if that is super strange – long time lurker but er, that’s an odd first comment I know, sorry!