High Five Friday #9: Staying Strong and Positive

by Meg on March 31, 2012

Hello again lovelies ;) I bet you missed me, didn’t you? It’s been a whole four hours? Clearly, I missed all of you! I had to come back and celebrate our weekly High Five Friday! We can’t miss it just because of a little big massive flood, right? ;)

So as most of you know, my apartment was flooded Monday night which caused a few unexpected events, such as me having to move. If you haven’t read about the flood and the move you can do so here , here, and here.

This week, I am giving myself a big high five for getting through such a tough week :) I definitely could have pouted all week long and had a “woe is me” attitude, but I did not let that happen! I kept a smile on my face :) Of course, it was much easier with having my Mom here by my side, but I was able to handle a full day of the disaster by myself.

I was able to keep my thoughts on track; no messing around for this girl! I was confident all week long that I was going to be OK and everything would work out for me in the end.

I made sure that I ate just as usual because I know my body needs it. I didn’t let feelings of unhappiness or stress affect the way I ate – huge accomplishment from years ago! :)

A little afternoon snack of chicken breast, sweet potato, and cukes while I was on my way to pick up my Mom from the airport!

I must say that this week was a lot easier due to all of the support, love, and prayers that I have been receiving from all of you, as well :) It was amazing. I definitely received all of your prayers and they worked <3 Good things have happened to me this week and life is good :) Just as always, right ;)

As for giving out high fives this week – you all get a high five! I have received so many loving comments, tweets, and personal emails wishing me well and I cannot thank you enough! All of you definitely deserve for being the wonderful people you are :) Celebrate yourself today and every day to come. You are all truly wonderful <3

Before I go, I have to share at least one example of one of the many beautiful people that God has put on his Earth…

Today while I was in class a girl turned around to me and offered me her extra Blackberry charger! She heard about my story, the flood, the move, and that my Blackberry charger was ruined, so she offered to give me her extra one! She did not want anything for the Blackberry charger, but it was such a sweet gesture of her – so giving, selfless, and caring – that I had to give her something in return, so I bought her a hot chocolate from Starbucks as a thank you :) I am so lucky to have wonderful people like her, and all of you, in my life! God sure does make wonderful creations!

Once again, thank you for everything. I definitely felt the love this week :) And Happy High Five Friday!

How did you celebrate High Five Friday? Link up below!

xoxoxoxo

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats March 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM

So proud of you for rocking this week! :) The Blackberry charger story made me smile so much. It is nice to know that there are really caring people out there still!

Meg March 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Thanks sweetheart! :) I was very happy when the girl offered her charger to me, as well. What a sweetheart, hey!? I was just so thankful!

Kate @ Chasing It March 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Sooo glad you’ve got through the week!! :-D You’re definitely an inspiration – in the past I’ve tended to get a liiiiittle too dramatic about these kinds of things haha so next time something crazy happens to me I will channel Meg and keep my cool! :-D So nice of that girl to give you her charger too, you are definitely surrounded by some awesome people :-) xoxox

Meg March 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Wow, thank you for saying that I am an inspiration :) You are amazing, Kate. Love you

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl March 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

That’s SO sweet of the girl in your class. You most definitely deserve a high five after the week you’ve had. So high five!

Meg March 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Awww, well thank you Haley :) I really appreciate that :)

Megan March 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

So proud of you honey :-) I hope you’re starting feel back to normal after such a week!

Meg March 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM

You are the sweetest, thank you love :) xo

Linz @ Itz Linz March 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM

that’s karma if i’ve ever heard it! good things happen to good people :) :)

Michelle (Better with Berries) March 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

You definitely deserve that high-five this week! It can be so difficult to stay positive through stressful situations and you definitely did it! Sometimes I have such a hard time not letting things that go wrong ruin my entire day/week/month. I need to keep this story in mind next time and remind myself to look on the bright side :-) Love you, Meg!

Kat March 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Im celebrating because I went to the doc this week and was weighed. I tried not to look at the number, but they gave me a print out when I was leaving and as I read it I found my weight on there. I immediately threw the paper away. ITS JUST A NUMBER!! No need to get freaked out over it. I need to focus on how I FEEL instead :):)