hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

The Best of May

Good morning friends! :)

Thanks for all of the sweet comments on yesterday’s post. You all are much too sweet πŸ˜‰

Seriously.

But since it seems as though the majority of you did enjoy hearing about my training, I will try to write more posts about my time spent in the gym :) Remember, I am no professional! I’ve just been figuring things out for myself and receiving guidance from a pretty awesome trainer who knows her stuff πŸ˜‰

Since it’s the last day of May already (I still cannot believe it!), I thought it would be fun if we did a review of this uh-MAY-zing month to end it off with a bang! πŸ˜‰

For the first days of May, I was in lovely Barbados. So, it definitely started off quite perfectly if I do say so myself :)

And once I returned to Canada, things didn’t settle down one bit!

My Dad and I took a road trip from London, Ontario where I live during the year for school all the way to Yorkton, Saskatchewan where I will be living for the summer with my parents and Cuddles.

I had all sorts of fun with my Dad during that almost 30 hour car ride…

We even made a video of us dancing while driving to I’m Sexy and I Know It as suggested by Sara, but I don’t know if the world is ready to see that just yet… πŸ˜‰

Now that I’ve been home, I have been keeping busy with my online Biochemistry course, catching up with friends that I haven’t seen since last summer, spending time with my family and cherishing each moment I have with them, getting sweaty in the gym, and whipping up some amazing meals in the kitchen!

One of my favourite recipes that I’ve created this month is my tofu mousse dessert. If you haven’t given it a try yet, please do so!

I have some more flavour ideas coming at you next week! :)

Over the month of May I have also written some of my favourite inspirational posts to date.

No Room for DeprivationΒ

A Week Without a Gym

Putting Thoughts into Actions

As someone who has battled with an ED in the past, I have a strong passion to help those who are currently suffering. I am currently going to school for a Registered Dietitian, but I have a passion to help those with eating disorders as well. A passion so strong, in fact, that if anyone out there needs help please feel free to email me at dashofmeg@hotmail.com and explain to me what you are struggling with. Once I know what my readers are struggling with, I can reflect on how I overcame such struggles when I was dealing with my ED and write a post to offer help and guidance on how I overcame them in the past.

High Five Friday also got bigger this month which makes me a very happy girl! πŸ˜€

If you want to make a submission for tomorrow’s High Five Friday post please do! πŸ˜€ I received a few so far, but I know that each and every one of you has something to be proud of this week so I’ll be expecting more submissions πŸ˜‰

I’ve been thinking up some new and exciting things to do for the month of June, so make sure you keep up with me here at A Dash of Meg because I want to make June the best month yet πŸ˜‰

My Mom and I are taking a trip into one of our favourite cities, Brandon, to shop around for the day. We do this a few times every summer to have a girls’ getaway :) We’re leaving soon, so I better go! I will catch up with you all later on tonight!

Love you lots!
xoxoxoxo

What was your favourite part of May?Β

Do you have any goals set for yourself for June?Β

Do you ever take day trips with your Mom?Β

Don’t forget! I’m waiting for your High Five Friday submissions πŸ˜‰ I expect my inbox to be overflowing when I get back tonight! πŸ˜‰

Tags: , ,

39 Comments

Sounds like you had a wonderful month! May was a great month for me as well, but June is looking even better from the plans so far. It helps that my birthday is in June (yippee!) and my 10 year high school reunion is also this June.

I can’t wait to see what June has in store for you!

June 1, 2012

June is my bday month too girl πŸ˜‰

June is my Birthday month : )

My mom and I take a mother’s daughters trip every year. We’ve been to Costa Rica & Puerto Rico and it’s such an amazing and special time with just my mom each year.

June 1, 2012

June is my bday month too :) πŸ˜‰

May was such a fantastic month for you in so many ways!! definitely looking forward to seeing what JUne has in store for you :) And mom-daughter day trips are the BEST – I’m going on a mini trip with my mom today, just to the nail salon hahaa but fun nonetheless. πŸ˜€ have a fantastic day!!

NAIL SALON!? Lucky girls!! πŸ˜€

Great recap! IT looks like you had such a wonderful month πŸ˜€

You definitely had a great May. Here’s to a wonderful June :)

Girl it looks like you had a seriously fun month! I LOLed when you mentioned you and your dad doing a sing along to sexy and I know it, you sound like you have such a great relationship! And Barbados looks beautiful, was it heaven?

June 1, 2012

So heavenly! I did a ton of recap posts if you ever want to skim through them!

Yellow Haired Girl

May 31, 2012

I can’t believe how fast the month went by! Here’s hoping for an excellent June! :)

Beautiful post, as always! YOU HAVE TO POST THAT VIDEO. πŸ˜‰ Have an awesome day with your Mama!

June 1, 2012

The video is pretty ridiculous πŸ˜‰

Alex @ therunwithin

May 31, 2012

I know this probably has been said but i hope you know how much of an inspiration you are for those who have suffered with an ED. You are balanced in life and honest about your struggles. the high five thing is probably one of my favorite blogger events you do each week. That is something you should be so proud of, we all thank you for that!

June 1, 2012

Alex, you are such a sweetheart and thank you for the nomination for the blogging award! I love you hun!!!!

Sounds like a great month! Though, as you said, when you start it off somewhere warm and sunny, it’s pretty much going to turn out fab! xx

Very very true πŸ˜‰

This has been such a great month for you! I’m so happy for you for all of your realizations and accomplishments. :) It’s amazing how much we can change in just a month, huh?

Have a fun day with your mom!

It IS amazing!! πŸ˜€

What a great month! I never had the chance to say it before, but I will be praying for Cuddles

June 1, 2012

Awww Haley! Thank you very very much! That means so much to me hunnie!!

Annette@ FitnessPerks

May 31, 2012

Ooooh have fun on your day trip! Sounds like a blast to me :) Enjoy it!

May has been awesome-lots of good stuff with work, a conference, dates with the husband, and some nice workouts & bike rides!

14. Pingback: What a Way to Start a Morning | The Run Within

I can’t believe it’s the middle of the year right now! You and your Dad might be TOO sexy for us πŸ˜‰ lol
    This year has been really difficult so I just want to take June one day at a time. :)

Linz @ Itz Linz

May 31, 2012

my favorite part of may was getting out of school for summer! :) my goal for june is to continue rwrunstreak – just a mile a day (at least!) til the fourth of july! my mom and i went to chicago, just her and i, last summer and it was absolutely amazing to take a vacation with her!

I can’t wait to hear how biochem goes! I will be taking that in the Spring. And I think I might have to participate in High Five Friday (finally! I never plan my posts ahead of time and now I finally am). I’ll be emailing you, girl! Love ya sis!

you should make a carrot cake tofu mousse! Or sweet potato… you know about my addiction. πŸ˜‰

June 1, 2012

We are both addicted babe πŸ˜‰

Lisa

May 31, 2012

Love the monthly recap! You clearly had a fantastic month! I don’t really have any goals for the month, just to keep up with being healthy! I’ll have to send you my high five asap! Love you <3

Kailey

May 31, 2012

30 hours in a car ride – major props girl! I can’t stand driving for a couple of hours… haha

I really loved your post about no room for deprivation during vacation :)

June 1, 2012

Thanks Kailey πŸ˜€ I love knowing which posts my readers enjoy!! Thanks for letting me know :)

You have had a busy May! My favorite part of May was that my hubby finished his last of his PhD classes!!

Heidi

May 31, 2012

I loved all the traveling I did in May! :) Though I am looking forward to June and the great weather and summer activities that come with it!

Charissa

May 31, 2012

You got to go to Barbados? Oh, I’m so jealous…I bet you had the best time…

Next time I’m coming with you. πŸ˜‰

June 1, 2012

I did get to go to Barbados!! I did a ton of recap posts if you ever want to know more πŸ˜€ !!

And for sure hun! Come with me next time! I am going next year!

May went so fast! It looks like it’s been a great month for you! :)

And June can only get better, right!? :)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats

June 1, 2012

Lol! I would love to see that video of you and dad! :) My favorite part of May was probably my birthday. I want to make a June goal of not binging! I think it is a good one. I don’t ever really take day trips with my mom but I do get to see her on Saturday!

May truly was an amazing month for you, babe!! I absolutely loved reading about your trip to Barbados–especially your reflection post about no deprivation. Wow, that one really hit home. :) Oh, and the seafood post too…Can’t forget that! πŸ˜‰

I’m so so happy that you’re enjoying your time at home this summer. I’m sure your parents (and Cuddles!) enjoy having you close by. And they’re definitely benefiting from your cooking skills!

I hope you had fun shopping with your mom today! Did you find anything good?

Love you more than you’ll ever know! xoxo <3