Marvelous Monday Memories

by Meg on June 11, 2012

Nothing like some good alliteration eh, Cait? ;)

Before we get today’s post rolling, I have to thank you for all of your sweet and loving comments, emails, and tweets following yesterday’s post. It truly was such a hard post to write, but I needed to share what happened with all of you. Cuddles’ life needs to be remembered and celebrated and that is exactly what we are going to do today!

Last week, I wrote my first Marvelous Monday post about how marvelous life is in general and all of you quite liked that, but today I would like to share some marvelous memories that I have of Cuddles!

We are so lucky to have memories. We have them forever and they are what keeps us going <3

At the end of the post, I encourage you to share a marvelous memory that you have! I can’t wait to hear what you have to share! :)

Now without further a do, here are some of my favourite memories of Cuddles! I hope you enjoy and learn a bit more about Cuddles and how much fun she was to have for the past 16 years! :)

I was always marvelled by how such a petite puppy could take up the entire backseat.

She always found her way to the sun. She was a total sun-bathing-beach-bum.

She was also always able to find the most ridiculous spots to take a snooze.

Like in my suitcase…

or right on the edge of the couch.

I’ll never forget how she was such a little diva and crossed her paws.

The first time I left for London after being at home for a while, Cuddles really didn’t want me to leave. She always loved being with me.

She was so human-like.

She loved using pillows…

and wore hoodies. She didn’t like wearing those too much though, but she looked cute ;)

Cuddles showing off her University of Western pride!

She was always a riot after her baths. She would rip around the house like she was the energizer bunny! We couldn’t even keep up with her sometimes!

Believe it or not, she actually made this jump and landed on the couch!

Cuddles at 15 years old. December, 2012.

As you can see, Cuddles really was full of life; even at 15 years old as seen above. She was never sick nor did she ever suffer. She left us peacefully and I am able to find much comfort in that.
I am so blessed and grateful to have so many marvelous memories of her and I am happy I chose to share some of them with you today :)

Before I end this post, I need to say all of you are marvelous as well! I was blown away by the amount of kind comments and personal emails I received yesterday. All of you are truly amazing people and I would like you to take pride in that <3

I love you more than you know!

xoxo

Katie June 11, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I just want to say how sorry I am for the loss of cuddles, there are no words I am sure I could possibly write that will make you feel better. I am always here for you, hope you know that.

You have lots of memories with cuddles and you can always look back on these pics and it will make you smile <3

Love you!

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I always know you are here for me, love! You are such a great friend! I love you

Sable@SquatLikeALady June 11, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Aww Meg I am so sorry for your loss. Cuddles seems like quite the character and I’m glad you got to enjoy at least some time with her <3

Linz @ Itz Linz June 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Oh my gosh I didn’t think Cuddles could get any cuter, but she just did! You would LOVE my dog, Zoey! She is very similar to Cuddles…. loves the sun, goes crazy after baths, sleeps in random spots… And that pic of Cuddles mid-air is AWESOME!!! What marvelous memories you do have of such a marvelous dog!! (For such a marvelous girl!) haha :) :)

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I hope to meet Zoey some day <3

Juliane June 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM

What a sweetie! It’s tough, but whenever I think about my dog that has passed away now, a smile comes onto my face because of all the memories. You will have those wonderful memories forever!
When my lab was younger and our cat was still a baby, he would carry her around in his mouth! Just looked like the funniest/cutest/weirdest/scariest thing. OOooooo pets <3

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Such a beautiful post! She does some of the same stuff Bentley does :) I’m sorry again, Meg. I know it is hard, but thankfully you do have a ton of wonderful memories. Stay strong, love you!!! <33

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I love you too, babe xoxo

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig June 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Awww those pictures are amazing. She looked like such a fun puppy <3

Heather @ Better With Veggies June 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Oh Meg, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, but I love how you celebrated her cute little life today! What a ball of energy and personality! She looks like an amazing friend. :)

Jo @ LivingMintGreen June 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM

:( I’m so sorry for your loss, Meg. The last photo is the best – hahaha.

Alex @ therunwithin June 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Those pictures are adorable! Your little cuddles found a place everywhere to be close to you. That is such a special relationship.

Alexandra June 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Aww what a wonderful tribute to Cuddles, this post made me tear up a bit. I’m sending tons and tons of hugs you way today Meg <3 :)

Caitlin June 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Oh my gosh! She’s flying! Courageous Cuddles :) continuing the alliteration. I’m so sorry for your loss but am glad you have been able to relive these precious memories. Wow, the pic of you and Cuddles when you’re in the robe and PJs is SO cute, I can just tell you love her so much.

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Courageous Cuddles! I love that! Thanks Cait <3 I LOVE YOU

Kat June 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM

This post is incredible!! I love all these beautiful memories you have. Her and Opie wouldve been great friends :) Opie tears through the house like a mad dog after baths too, and I always say shes part kangaroo because of how high she can jump!!
Hold on to these memories girl. They are amazing :) <3<3<3

Dolce June 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Such an adorable dog, Meg! Pets are angels in disguise that God sent down just for us :)

Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt June 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I am so sorry to hear about Cuddles– I know how hard it is. Love the pictures and the memories, there is no love like the love of an animal! :). Thinking about you! xo

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Thanks girl! I love you so much!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats June 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Aww I love this! :) The photos of Cuddles in your bags/suitcases make me smile so much! Do you have any pictures from when she was just a puppy?

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I do! I am trying to find some. I should scan them onto my computer and email them to you <3

Yellow Haired Girl June 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I’m sorry for your loss Meg. She’s adorable – love the crossing of the paws! Diva :)

Michelle (Better with Berries) June 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM

LOVE that picture of cuddles jumping to the couch! She really lived it up :-)
I love the memories I have of Meeko when I first got her and she was afraid of staircases. I had to chase her around the house, grab her, and carry her every time we had to go up or down.

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM

These pictures are so beautiful and hysterical! Cuddles really was so special, Meg! I’m always, always, always here for you. :-)

Today is Matty and I’s four-year anniversary so you can bet I’m running so many memories through my head – including when we dressed up as Bret Michaels: past and present for Halloween! Haha.

Kate @ Work in Progress June 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

these are seriously some of the most adorable photos I’ve ever seen! I love that one of her doing a superman leap onto the couch ahaha what a riot! its so obvious that cuddles had the best life a dog could ask for, and it seems like you brought each other a lot of joy!

Tracy Yuan June 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I love the pictures you posted Meg. She is truly cute! Love is the very most marvelous thing that we own! Thank you Meg.

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I’m so sorry about the loss of Cuddles! She is adorable and it is so nice to see that you have so many happy memories with her. Stay strong!

dee kline June 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

what a little doll she was!!! I am so sorry!

Jane June 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

ahhhh my dog is a lot like Cuddles too :) Love all your pictures! Have a Marvelous Monday!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I’m so sorry to hear about cuddles!

Lisa June 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Precious pictures!!! Cuddles is a cutie! And it shows how near and dear to your heart she was. At least she brought you joy on so many occasions and you will always have her in your memory! I’m sending your package off today so I hope you get it soon!! :D

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

You are the best! Gahhhh I love you

Kendra June 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Love you to the moon and back meg! xox Cudds was the sweetest dog I have ever met and I will miss her at our next sleepover <3 xox sending you and your family all my love!

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I love the pictures Meg!

Jessica, the_toned_teach June 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Oh my, Meg! I am so sorry I am just now writing you about your posts- I was gone all weekend and am just now catching up on blogs. Cuddles was a wonderful dog and definitely left a pawprint on your heart! I have had 2 dogs pass away, and it is never easy. I almost cried looking at your pictures because memories of Honey and Sugar came flooding back to me- they were dachshunds, so the little dog references made my heart melt. I am happy you are focusing on all the happy memories, though, and joyfully celebrating her life!

Much love!

Stephanie @itrainthereforeieat June 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Oh Meg, I am so sorry to hear about Cuddles! This just breaks my heart. But I love these adorable pictures you have put up here, they show how much love you had for her (and her for you) and that you will Always have the beautiful memories! Emailing you now… Love you!

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I LOVE YOU TOO! <3

Taylor June 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

You are so strong, Meg – I remember having to put down our dog a few years ago; it was so difficult because she was like my “big sister” – I had grown up with her from when I was an infant until, well, we had to let her go.

I’m proud of you for staying strong and not turning to ED behavior to cope with such a challenging time – you’re stronger than you know, and a definite inspiration.

I miss you!! <3

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Wow Taylor, you are the sweetest! love you and miss you too! Email me anytime xo

Lils June 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Ahh Meg ! I’m so sorry about Cuddles ! <3 Those are all great memories that you will never forget ! I wish I could of meet her ! Stay strong and I'm here for you hun <3 Hope to see you this week! XOXO <3

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I think I will come tomorrow! XO

Paige @ Running Around Normal June 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Oh Cuddles is SO cute. I’m so sorry to hear about your puppy, Meg :(
What a wonderful tribute post to her!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Sending hugs and support your way – losing a family member (pet) is so difficult, but its great to remember the happy times! :)

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Thank you Claire <3 your words mean so much!!

Megan @ Weddings and Workouts June 11, 2012 at 7:23 PM

What a beautiful tribute :-) I’m so so sorry for your loss, honey. Just wish I could give you a massive hug.

Can I just say how much I love your photos, especially the crazy jump one!!!

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Hehe it definitely made us laugh :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Oh my gosh, Cuddles was seriously the cutest thing ever! I love those pictures of her in your suitcase/bags! So sweet! :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I’m so sorry about Cuddles – losing pets is always so hard. But it’s great that you have so many memories and that Cuddles had such a long and happy life!

Nancy June 11, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Cuddles looks very much like our dog Nick. He is 12 and is going strong. I hope he gets to live to be 16 because I honestly don’t know what I will do when he is gone.

I’m so sorry that you lost Cuddles. She had a happy life and anyone can see you were very good to her.
I hope you can take some comfort in the outpouring of love from friends and blogfriends like me.

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Definitely <3 there is so much love from this blogging community! Thank you so much Nancy xoxo

Kirstie @ Musings of a Happy Life June 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM

What a beautiful MIMM post. I’m so sorry to hear about Cuddles. But you have so many beautiful memories. Big hugs! x

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Thanks for the hugs Kirstie!! <3

Tessa @ Amazing Asset June 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Oh gosh Meg I am just so so sorry for your loss :( I lost my cat Midnight of 22 years a few months back so I totally get how it feels, I empathize! It is so hard, but you have the good memories and these rather fantastic pictures (:)) to make this time a bit easier <3

Katie @ Katie Moves June 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

awww i teared up just reading this..makes me think of my sweet dog we lost about 2 years ago…she was my little babe. miss her all the time.They do say, “All dogs go to heaven!” :)

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal June 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I’m sorry to hear about Cuddles :( I know how it’s like to lose a dear pet. It really sucks. At least she lived her life well and long. Many pets don’t live to their max and it looks like she really had a happy life. Chin up! xo

Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean June 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Oh my Meg, you are amazing. Not only can you take this time and make it positive, but you put together the sweetest memories. What a darling face!! I am thinking of you and I am here if you need anything, ever, ever, ever, I hope you know that!!!! XOXOOXOXX

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I know you are always there for me <3 I love you so much Electra! THANK YOU

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM

The memories you shared here filled my heart with love! Cuddles clearly brought so much joy to you and your family; she truly was an amazing dog!! And goodness gracious, I would never have expected that that cute little body could leap so far! ;)

Love you so much, sis! I’ll be emailing you this week! <3 <3 <3

Meg June 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I love you too sis!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 12, 2012 at 6:25 AM

So sorry for your loss hun. I absolutely agree that it’s about remembering the good times and what a full, happy life the two of you shared. Such precious memories that will stick with you for years to come! :)

sleguilloux@shaw.ca June 13, 2012 at 3:23 AM

your photos of cuddles are so darn cute megs,thanks for sharing, aunty sue

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie June 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Aww girly! My heart is breaking for you! This was such a sweet, touching, full of love post. I’m crying on the bus right now :( I’m so so glad you had 15 amazing years with cuddles and that you both got to love each other as much as you did. The relationship between a person and a pet is indescribable, I’m so glad you got to experience that so fully! It sounds like both of your lives were better for being a part of each others. <3