Marvelous Monday: Family Time

by Meg on June 25, 2012

Good Marvelous Monday morning beauties! :D

Thanks to Katie, we have a marvelous celebration in store for us today! :)

Marvelous Girls!

I have to give another special thank you to the two marvelous girls who wrote guest posts for me this weekend!

Brittany wrote a great post about exercises focusing on balance.

Ashley wrote a very inspiring post about the very common battle with comparing ourselves to others.

If you had a busy weekend and missed out on these posts I highly suggest giving them a read :)
Both of these girls are great friends of mine and I am honoured to have featured them on my blog over the weekend <3

Marvelous Posts!

Over the past week there were some fantastic posts written by some of my favourite bloggers and I cannot let Marvelous Monday pass by without giving them a mention because they truly are marvelous!
Make sure you give these a read:

Summer with a Side of Guilt” by Cait Plus Ate

The Love-Wagon” by Hey, Joob!

Reality Check: Just Be YOUR Best” by Bonnie Pfiester

What Does Body Dismorphic Disorder Look Like?” by Squat Like a Lady

My Journey Toward Health” by Delights and Delectables

Compare and Despair” by Happy is the New Healthy

My Marvelous Family!

This past week has been filled with family time and I couldn’t be happier!

My Grandma, Auntie, Mom, me, and my cousin’s girlfriend <3

I was blessed to be surrounded by family on my birthday and spend even more time with even more family members over the weekend while celebrating my cousin’s graduation!

You all know I love family time more than anything, so my weekend was fabulous! :)

Marvelous Weather!

For the majority of June, Saskatchewan has been getting rain day after day, but this weekend was gorgeous! The best weather we’ve had all summer for sure!

Daddy and I took advantage of the beautiful weather on Saturday by going for a bike ride!

We rode our bikes through the neighbourhood and also discovered a biking trail. I love exploring new cities. It’s always nice to see different scenery!

Marvelous Day!

Today is going to be marvelous! I have nothing special planned, but I just know it’s going to be a great day :)
I just finished an amazing breakfast and will be off to the gym within half an hour!

Have a great day friends!

I love you!
xoxo

What is marvelous about your Monday?

Do you like biking outside?

If you read a “must read” post this week make sure you share the link below!

Kat June 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Yay!! So glad Monday is going well for you my love!!
I wish I owned a bike. LA would be crazy to bike around, but the beach would be really nice!

Angela @ Sleep and Repeat June 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

love your Marvelous Mondays so much! will def check out these links. and I know I’ve said this before but I just love your positivity and optimism :D it always cheers me up to read your posts :)

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Awwww Angela <3 thank you :) LOVE YOU girl

Caitlin June 25, 2012 at 9:43 AM

honestly, my monday hasn’t been marvelous at ALL. it’s gotten off to a blah start. that being said, seeing you cite my post as marvelous certainly has improved my mood. so grateful to have you as a friend, and so glad to see you had such a nice weekend!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I am so blessed to have you in my life Caitlin <3

Kimberly @ RedefiningKim June 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Happy Monday Meg! My Monday was marvelous because my hubby did not have to be at work until 8:00 a.m. (instead of the usual 6:00 a.m.) which meant we slept in, had coffee, and were able to get our daughter up and ready for school together. I loved biking outside prior to my daughter’s birth but haven’t done in in nearly 2 years. That’s something I must remedy soon.

Yellow Haired Girl June 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM

My Monday is marvelous because I had a wonderful weekend! Saw some of my friends, caught up on sleep, had a great workout … so many awesome things crammed into 2 days :)

Christina @ The Athletarian June 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Great photos, Meg! Today is marvellous because it’s DEAN’S BIRTHDAY!!!! Yahoo! I love biking outside! I haven’t taken my bike out since the Ride for Heart though. I better get on that!

Alex @ therunwithin June 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I love family time, so jealous you got tons of that this weekend. Those are all great posts, I am so happy you shared them. (I swear we follow all the same blogs) happy monday!

Julie June 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

You can sure see the family resemblances!!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Lucky me :)

Julie June 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM

You are lucky, you are all gorgeous.

Jaimi Henline June 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I love biking outside! I just completed my first century “100″ mile bike ride Saturday!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Congrats Jaimi! I am so proud of you!

Kalee June 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM

You look so pretty! I love the idea of linking favorite blog posts on MIMM! :)

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Me too! It led me to you!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I love this post!!! Family is one of the most important things in the world to me and I love that you are with me on that :) Thanks for sharing some amazing posts as well I will definitely be checking each one of them out!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats June 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

What a great post! Love the picture of the ladies in your family! :)

Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy June 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Thanks for the shout out meg! I loved the guest posts, btw! :)

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig June 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Glad you had a great weekend! What is in your oats?? Looks amazing!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM

It was quite tasty! The night before I just mixed greek yogurt, cocoa powder, chocolate almond milk, some chocolate protein powder, and my oats together and then in the morning I topped with strawberries!

Lauren (@poweredbypb) June 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I love biking outside. I try to get out each weekend with the boyfriend for a fun bike ride!

Stephanie @ The Fitness Adventures June 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I love biking outdoors, it is one of my favorite cardio activities! I love exploring new areas and finding hidden trails too. Now I am wishing it wasn’t raining outside so I could go for a bike ride.

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl June 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I love bike riding outside! Especially when the weather is nice :)

Alexandra June 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Ahh nothin beats family time, awesome weather, or leisurely bike rides :) So happy you had a great weekend!! Here’s to a wonderful week ahead!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

So glad you have a great weekend for your birthday. :)

What is that in your breakfast bowl? Looks awesome!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM

All I did was combined greek yogurt, chocolate almond milk, a bit of chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, and rolled oats. I left it over night and added strawberries in the morning :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM

You’re so full of love sharing, I love it! Btw, I cannot get over how amazing your grandma looks! Your mom and aunt too, but wow when the caption said it was your grandma I just thought it was another aunt! Amazing genes to have my dear!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM

She is a beautiful grandmother <3 inside and out

Lisa June 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Glad you had a great weekend with the fam! Lovely photos of you!!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Awww thank you Lisa <3 I love you babe

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 25, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Yay for bike riding!! Glad you got in some family time this weekend :). You are always so loving toward other bloggers- it’s amazing girl! You are fabulous :D. Hope you have a great day! Love u!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Ohhhh Lindsay <3 you are precious! I love you so much.

Kate @ Work in Progress June 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM

outdoor bike rides are my FAVORITE!! Looks like you and your family had an incredible time this weekend, and thanks for the link-love, I can’t wait to check all these out! :-)

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal June 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Thanks for the links, I’ll make sure to check them out. Your breakfast really did look delicious. What is it? It looks so smooth and creamy!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Mmm it was delicious Kammy!

The night before I mixed greek yogurt, chocolate almond milk, cocoa powder, a touch of chocolate protein powder, and oats together. Then in the morning I added strawberries :)

Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets June 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

What’s marvelous about my Monday is that I’m being super productive + got into work early. I’m making it a goal to come into work earlier & am happy that I actually made the first step today!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Wow! Good for you Ashley! That’s amazing!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Um is it weird that the most ‘marvelous’ part of my Monday is going to be “The Bachelorette” tonight?? ;)

Have a great day, my friend!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

not weird at all ;)

Linz @ Itz Linz June 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I like biking on trails or in parks.. the road scares me!! When first learning to clip in and out on my bike I fell in the middle of the road and was pretty terrified!! You look like a pretty lady in all these pix as usual!! Love your outfit in the first pic – wish I lived closer so I could raid your wardrobe! :) :)

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I would let you raid my closet ALL the time sista ;)

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body June 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Your posts always put me in such a good mood, and bring a smile to my face! They are marvellous! I haven’t been on a bike ride in a really long time, but now I really want to :) It is great you were able to spend time with your family on your birthday. I bet you are really enjoying there company after having to live so far away from them during the semester!

Paige @ Running Around Normal June 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Happy belated birthday, Meg!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Awwww thank you Paige!!!!! <3

Michelle (Better with Berries) June 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Girlie, I LOVE that belt in the picture of you with your family! You are all beautiful :-) Love you!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Awwww sis thanks! I love you too!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Love your marvelous post! :) You look amazing in your pics girl! :) I love to bike. The hubby and I are looking into getting bikes asap!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Awwww thanks beautiful <3

good luck bike shopping!

Sable@SquatLikeALady June 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Thank you for the shout-out darlin’!!!! <3 YOU look AMAZING!!!! WOW look at the cuts and curves in your arms!

Meg June 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Awww thanks sweetie :) That means A LOT coming from miss future figure competitor ;)

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Love this post so much! You’re so inspiring, Meg…always spreading love to everyone!!! Love the pictures of your family and you and your Dad on the bikes. Such a simple but amazing time. :-)

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie June 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

You have such a beautiful family! I’m so glad you and your dad got to enjoy bike riding together! <3

Jinx June 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I love this post! And I love biking outside – it’s one of my absolute favourite things!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM

You know what made my Monday evening marvelous? Reading your amazing email and this beautiful post! Oh sis, hearing from you is always such a cheerful ray of light! You spread so much love and joy! <3

Family time, nice weather and bike rides with dad sure are marvelous as well! I'm so happy you had a wonderful weekend–you're radiating. :-D

And goodness gracious, your breakfast bowl looks delicious! I was going to ask what was inside, but saw your previous reply, so now I know! I definitely want to try it this week! xoxo <3

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM

It looks like you’re having an amazing time enjoying the weather and spending time with your family! I’ve been loving bike riding this summer! I actually went on a 20 km ride with my friend yesterday – and stopped for sushi after! ;)