High Five Friday #20

by Meg on June 29, 2012

Good Friday morning lovely friends of mine! :D Who’s ready to celebrate the twentieth High Five Friday!? I sure am! But first there is something veryspecial that needs to be addressed before we get this party started! It’s someone’s birthday today! :D

Happy Birthday Heather :) I hope your day is filled with happiness, joy, love, and lots of hugs! I wish I were there to give you a giant one! I love you girl <3

Now, it’s time for the high fives I have been waiting all week for! ;)

One of my lovely readers and dear friends, Sloane, is giving herself a high five for a couple of different reasons! Sloane says, “I made some pretty awesome gains in kicking ED’s butt this week. 1) I opened myself up to the possibility that full recovery is possible 2) I ate a sandwich for the first time in over a year! A HUGE challenge, but I did without any tears.”

Sable says, “this week I am high-fiving myself for sticking to my diet in spite of the mindgames and the difficulties because I have baby abs!!!!”

Anna says, “I am giving myself a high five because I hit 100 followers on Twitter this week & haven’t even had my account 1 month. I also hosted my first giveaway on my blog. Im excited to begin to give my followers products I love. I love sharing what I love.”

Dolce says, “I am giving myself a high five because as of 3 pm today, I am officially employed at 24 Hour Fitness as a Child Care Attendant! I am so pumped, this is my first real job (besides being a nanny). I love fitness, so this is a perfect environment for me :)”

Lindsay says, “I am giving myself a high five this week because I got a 98 in accounting this semester and I aced my agriculture exam this week! I know my accomplishments are so nerdy, but it is totally me.”

Miranda gets a high five for starting the Couch to 5k program!

Lisa gets a high five for becoming a Fit Fluential Ambassador!

Chelsea gets a high five for proving that she has a green thumb! Her garden is looking great!

”My lettuce is getting so big and I even made my first salad from my garden this week.”

Brittany gets a high five for taking care of herself and regaining her health. She has put on her goal weight of 10 lbs. since becoming sick!

Sara also gets a high five for gaining weight! She set a goal of 10 lbs. for herself when starting her new training program and she has definitely succeeded! She also stopped calorie counting for the first time in twelve years which also needs to be high fived about!

Kristen gets a high five for completing Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Trainer!

Kaila gets a high five for graduating high school!

Christina gets a high five for making a new personal record of 30 reps of full cleans!

Electra gets a high five for graduating with her BSN and receive one out of three nursing excellence awards!

Cinnamon gets a high five for hosting her first ever PAWS party!

Linz also gets a high five for continuously showing her participation and dedication to High Five Friday! I always appreciate your posts sweetie! Thank you <3

Linz’s sister and brother also get a high five from me for getting gym memberships!

Jess gets a high five for running the Road to Omaha 5k!

Jayme gets a high five for completing the 1st century bike ride which is 100 mile bike ride in one day!

Kalee gets a high five for getting two hole in ones when playing mini golf!

Stephanie gets a high five for donating blood for a blood drive sponsored by the Preston and Steve Show. While she donated blood she was also asked her to be “Preston and Steve’s Most Fit Chick!”

My cousin and devoted reader, Ashley, also gets a high five this week for donating blood! It was her very first time, too!

Ali gets a high five for landing herself a new job!

Kelly also gets a high five for starting her new job this week, too!

Kristen gets a high five for blogging for one year!

Kate gets a high five this week for trying new things! Kate is a runner, but she has been lifting more weights than usual and tried a bikram yoga class!

Kate’s Dad is also getting a high five this week because he started running!

Heather gets a high five for wanting to make sure she got more greens in her diet rather than catered food, so she tried her first Jamba Juice!

Ashley also gets a high five for trying something new this week! She made banana soft serve for the first time!

Cait tried something new, too! She gets a high five for making homemade almond butter for the first time!

Laura gets a high five for working towards a new goal! She is training for a figure competition!

Brittany gets a high five for trying cross fit for the first time!

Meghan gets a high five for participating in the NYCC & Front Runners Pride Run which was a 5 mile race!

Heather gets a high five for completing her microbiology course!

Caitlin gets a high five for trying a new form of exercise this week – Shake Your Soul Dance Yoga!

A great friend and supportive reader of mine, Kendra, gets a high five for receiving a full time teaching job!

Another friend of mine, Kristen, gets a high five for graduating university!

Janetha gets a high five for saving a baby bunny that was over heated from being outside in the sun too long! She took in to the animal shelter which saved its life!

Katie gets a high five for opening up and being honest about her health in a recent post <3

Katelyn gets a high five for introducing a new and exciting challenge for the month of July – Eat Clean Sweat Dirty!

Abby gets a high five for adapting to her new work schedule! This girl had her breakfast at 6:00 PM in order to prep for her night shift! She also went to the gym at 3:00 AM to get her sweat on!

Julie gets a high five for becoming CPR and AED certified!

I am so proud of everyone! If you have a HFF post of your own please link up below! :)

No HFF post? Make sure you tell me your high five for the week in the comment section below!

This week I will be giving myself a high five for putting the most effort into my biochemistry course this week than ever before. I have to say, the thought of studying biochemistry really does not appeal to me. I avoid it quite well, actually; however, this week I decided to make a change and just do it. I plan to continue the extra few hours that I’ve been putting into my course from now on :)

Happy High Five Friday everyone!

xoxo

Katelyn Block June 29, 2012 at 2:41 AM

SO many high fives! Thanks for reppin the challenge, girl :)

Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor June 29, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I love reading HFF…these girls are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing and congrats on kicking butt with biochem this week :) Have a great Friday!

Kate @ Work in Progress June 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM

YAYYY so many awesome acheivements here!! congrats ladies and happy birthday Heather! :-) Haha my dad is so proud right now, he’s all “I made it on Kate’s friend’s blog! I’m going to run for TWO minutes today!” :-D. PS, I’m actually starting to love lifting weights! I used to avoid it and I only started it cuz I knew it would make me stronger for running, but now I actually enjoy it – I love being the one short little blond chick in the weight room with all the big tall guys haha! I just wish I knew what I was doing/had a more concrete routine, that should be my goal for this week!

Katie June 29, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Thanks so much girl! High Five Friday is amazing! You always include so many amazing ladies, I am happy to be part of it!

<3 <3 <3

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body June 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I never get tired of your high five fridays! It is always so inspiring to see so many girls doing so many amazing things :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Love these posts!!! Congrats and high fives to everyone! This post always cheers up my Friday mornings!!! Happy birthday to Heather too! Have a fabulous day :)

Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy June 29, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Such smart, pretty gals! You’re doing a great thing here Meg!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM

WOW Meg – there were so many awesome accomplishments this week! I am totally flattered that you included me among them.

Have a great weekend, Beautiful!

Alex @ therunwithin June 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Meg, the dedication you put into putting these together is freaking amazing, I can’t believe how much time you must have to spend on this. I hope to participate next week.

Meg June 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Oh thank you Alex :) I just love making people feel good about who they are and what they are doing in their lives :)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 29, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Thanks love!!! Your high five made my morning! Love you!

Stephanie @ The Fitness Adventures June 29, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Wow, great accomplishments this week! High fives to everyone that is working so hard to better their lives in one way or another. Congratulations on your attitude towards biochemistry motivation Meg, go get it girl!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog June 29, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Thank you SO much for including me Meg! Totally just made my day!!! Congrats to everyone else on their awesome accomplishments too!

Gillian June 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM

So inspiring! High five to all these ladies!!

Meghan Rene @ Uncooked & UnWalked June 29, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Thanks!!! This is so sweet. You picked my favorite picture!! I am giving myself another high five for kicking back and enjoying my birthday instead of stressing over calories and hydrating!!

I was a biology major and somehow got out of biochemistry!! Those hours will pay off! I dedicated myself more to organic chemistry and performed much much better in the class.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

You must put so much time into these High Five Fridays! You are too awesome … thank you, once again, for including me! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kristin @ My Mission Impossible June 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Meg, you’re the best! Thank you so much for including me…that was really thoughtful! I love High Five Friday it’s such a great way to support one another, congrats to you and everyone else for your accomplishments!
xo

Ashley Greiner June 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Thanks for the high five love!! xoxo

Dolce June 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I never get tired of reading these every Friday! Thanks a bunch for featuring me in it :)

Heather @ For the Love of Kale June 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM

ahh! two high fives?! my gosh, girl – you always make me and every other woman on here SO SPECIAL. you’re honestly amazing. i love you so much!!!! thank you!

Caitlin June 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM

i’m so honored to be featured! and i love that photo of me you chose. i adore seeing everyone’s accomplishments, so many amazing people out there. especially proud of sloane for eating that sandwich. i rarely eat sandwiches myself for ED-related reasons so i know it’s a challenge. you go, sloane! it looks delish!

Sloane Pitman June 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Thanks so much Caitlin! I’m so glad to be a part of this HFF party now! SUCH inspirational women out there! It brightens my week to see all the amazing accomplishments and support!

Kalee June 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Wow!!! I said thank you on Twitter, but I had no idea I made it in your High Five Friday post! Thank you again; it’s very sweet of you. I can’t wait to look at the other blogs you’ve linked and meet some new people :) I love the idea and think its great you take the time to do it every week! High five! ;)

CAlso, high five on your biochemistry course!

Kimberly @ RedefiningKim June 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM

High Five Fridays are one of my favorite parts of Fridays. I love seeing all of the achievements of everyone. Thank you for heading this up, Meg!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Love these posts! High five to everyone :D

Christy June 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM

These posts are so inspirational! I’ll have to submit one for next week!

I wanted to let you know I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. I throughly enjoy reading each and every one of your posts and think you are a true inspiration. You can learn more about the award here: http://wp.me/p1XGN3-Ij

Lindsay @ Conscious Cravings June 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I love you and your constant sharing joy in people’s lives. Seriously you are probably one of the greatest people in the entire world that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and that I GET TO MEEET! heehee. Thanks for sharing my nerdiness with the bloggy world! High fives all around!

Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean June 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I completely agree Lindsay, Meg is DEFINITELY one of the greatest, most humble, positive people who cares about others so much. She’s amazing!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Ah Kristen graduated from UBC, just like me! Yay! Congrats to her! And to Caitlin for trying that awesome dance/yoga class – I want to try that!

Heather @ Better With Veggies June 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Love reading everyone’s accomplishments in your roundup, it just makes me smile! :) Thanks for including me!!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM

There are so many amazing accomplishments to be celebrated this week! I am continuously inspired by each and every one of these ladies! <3 <3 And a HUGE hugh five to you too, sister! Congrats on prioritizing biochem this week! I know how hard it can be to focus on school…believe me, I KNOW. But it's so worth it, because it's leading you towards your goal of becoming a dietitian! It's your true calling, and I know you're going to help so many people (you already are!) Thanks for the shout out; your support and love means the world to me! Love you SO SO much!!! <3

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes June 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM

High Fives all around!!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM

This post just makes me so happy….all of the high five Fridays do :D. This week I want to give myself a high five for completing some challenging hikes while in the Smokies!! Hope you have a fantastic Friday love <3

Lisa June 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM

So many people are getting there high fives on! Love it!! Everyone here is a huge inspirations and I am so admired that everyone is really putting themselves out there and completing awesome things in week! And you need a congrats because you work so hard on putting these together each week!! You spread this positivity around and its contagious. Love you xo

Mia June 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Hi Meg,

I love your blog! You really encourage me. I have a quick question. When you were recovering from your ED did you gain weight mostly in your stomach and did it take time to distribute evenly or did you gain evenly. Do you have any advice for gaining evenly? Macros, etc. Were you able to exercise or did you have to wait til you were at a healthier weight? I tried to email you, but it keeps getting returned. Thanks!

Jemma June 29, 2012 at 2:07 PM

So many great high fivs!! :D

robfiasco @ run 2 the hills June 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM

wow! so many accomplishments!

congrats to all if I haven’t already told you on your personal blog already. it’s very inspiring!! :)

ilovefetacheese June 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM

thanks sweetheart :D

Ashley Mammel (True Tone Fitness) June 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Awe, I love HFF!! This is such a great post! Thank you for organizing so many inspirational woman and for sharing there successes with us! You are so wonderful!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Once again this HFF post brought such a big smile to my face! :D And thanks for the shout out girl! Sadly my lettuce is almost all eaten up now haha. I guess I like my salads. ;)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries June 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM

thanks for the high five meg! :) congrats to all the other wonderful ladies for their accomplishments!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats June 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Everyone is so awesome! :) Love reading about everyones accomplishments!

pluvk June 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Great high five Friday!! I was especially touched by Sloane’s high five. Her accomplishments deserve so much congratulations! :-)

Sloane Pitman June 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Thank you so much!! I’m so touched by all the support and encouragement for everyone’s accomplishments!

Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean June 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Thank you so much for including me! What a wonderful surprise! I am honored :-D

I LOVEE seeing all these wonderful women doing such amazing things! I love your high five fridays!!!!!

SO proud of you for “just doing it” with your biochem class. It’ll be over before you know it! XO