June Recap

by Meg on June 30, 2012

You are wonderful.

Seriously, all of the support, positive feedback, and excitement that takes place on my High Five Fridays is unreal. You all made the twentieth High Five Friday such a huge success and left me feeling unbelievably happy and thankful <3

I truly look forward to HFF each and every week because I love celebrating you and what you accomplish! Everyone deserves to be recognized :)

Another thing that makes me happy about HFF is the support that occurs amongst my readers within the comments section. I instantly get a huge smile on my face when I see other readers congratulating the individuals receiving high fives.

I mean, really. How incredible is that?

Once again, I thank you for all of your support and for the support you offer to others <3

Now that you know how wonderful I think you are, let’s talk about June and recap how wonderful it was! It truly was a wonderful month, wasn’t it? I mean, it was my birthday and all ;)

Today I want to review the goals that I made for myself at the beginning of the month and see how I did at accomplishing them! :)

Personal Goals

1. Get 7 – 8 hours of sleep each night
Of course this didn’t happen every night, but for the majority of the month I definitely did! Maybe even more some nights ;) If I recall correctly, I had a few 9:30 pm bedtimes…

2. Read more
I definitely accomplished this goal! I read more this month than I have in a long time and I actually read real material as in a novel! I am so proud of myself and will be writing a review on The Magic by Rhonda Byrne this upcoming week! :)

3. Spend time with friends
I made a lot of time for friends over the month of June and I even more new friends and developed closer relationships with existing friends! I definitely had many sushi and tea dates this month! One of my favourite times spent with a friend this month was when I made a trip into Regina for a tea date with my sweetheart, Lils <3

I took her DAVIDsTEA virginity away and am proud to say that I got her addicted too…

She went back to DAVIDsTEA the very next day to buy more tea! That’s my girl ;)

4. Experiment in the kitchen
I definitely experimented in the kitchen this month and actually came up with some fantastic recipes!

Healthy Tofu Custard

Pan Seared Scallops over Quinoa with Sautéed Mushrooms and Tomatoes

Spaghettied Zucchini and Walnut Salad

Cilantro Walnut Pesto

Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing

5. Try your recipes
Not only did I create my own recipes, but I also tried a few of your marvelous creations as well!

Layered Mediterranean Dip

Tandoori Chicken Burgers

“Instant” Steel Cut Oats

Perfect Overnight Oats

Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful recipes! <3

6. Go kayaking
This totally did not happen. To be honest, there really wasn’t a time for us to go. The weather hasn’t been quite “kayaking weather” lately. Did I mention we slept downstairs a few nights ago due to tornado warnings?

Like I said, not ideal kayaking weather…

7. Become more patient
Yes! This goal was definitely at the back of my mind throughout my days; however, I believe there is always room to grow, so I will keep working at this!

8. Participate in Photo a Day June
If your friends with me on Facebook, you will be able to see that my “Photo a Day June” album is pretty much empty. I kind of fell off the bandwagon once Cuddles passed away.

Fitness Goals

1. Try a class
Major fail. No classes were tried; however, that’s not to say I didn’t go to the gym ;)

2. Leg press 200 lbs.
I was so close, but then my training program changed and I currently am not doing leg presses. So, no, this was not achieved.

3. Do an unassisted chin up
You can bet your bottom dollar that I can do an unassisted chin up now :D Never mind that. I can do two in a row ;)

4. Make foam rolling and stretching a part of my daily routine
I am so happy I made this a goal for myself because I stuck with it! I have been incorporating foam rolling and or stretching into my daily schedule and have noticed a wonderful difference within my training! I will usually foam roll while watching TV before bed and I also foam roll and stretch before each workout I do.

Blog Goals and Changes

1. Make new blog friends
Oh my goodness! Did I ever! As you know, I collect friends! So many new friends were made this month and closer relationships were developed, too! I am still in awe over how incredible these new friendships are <3

2. Create a “tea” page
Success! The Tea page has been made and if you haven’t checked it out yet, head on over! It’s a work in progress and I am still picking my brain for ideas, but it has been created!

3. Host a giveaway
Unfortunately, this didn’t happen. However, I am excited to say that there will be one in July! :D

It’s all coming together ;)

4. Satisfy my readers
Well, you tell me! :D

I think that pretty much wraps it up for today! :)

Thanks again for the wonderful HFF celebration yesterday! They are always so much fun :) If you have something to high five yourself for this upcoming Friday, please email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com :)

I always love hearing from you! Have a wonderful weekend! <3

What was your favourite part of June?

What goals did you accomplish this month?

Who has a birthday in July!? :)

Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor June 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Yay! You accomplished so many of your goals :) My favorite part of June has definitely been having 3 days weekends (I have Fridays off work) and spending those weekend days poolside with friends or my sisters. I work so hard during the school year that it feels really good to just RELAX and do a little pleasure reading! One of the goals that I accomplished this month was listening to my body when it asks me for a rest day. When I was struggling badly with my eating issues, I would never allow myself a break from the gym because I felt this obligation to be there every day. It has been so nice to give my body the opportunity to recover and reward myself for working so hard on the days that I do go to the gym! Have a great weekend!!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM

2 chinups! Woot woot woman!!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I hope I can be a part of your blog friends once we meet in August, eeek! :D You are so awesome for almost leg pressing 200 lbs!! Inspiring!

Alex @ therunwithin June 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

You did a great job last month. I see July as being even more amazing for you! I seriously am blown away by how positive you stay and how realistic you are in all approaches. You go girl

Meg July 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Thanks Alex :) you always say the sweetest things

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM

You are going to nail that leg press! I love all of your goals – with your positive attitude I have no doubts you will nail them!

P.S. that “spaghetti” zucchini is divine! :)

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig June 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Ooops, sorry for taking away the leg press! I didn’t even think of that, haha. Great job on the other goals though! Have a good weekend xo

Sloane Pitman June 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM

AMAZING post my dear! So happy to see all that you’ve accomplished this month! I’m so happy to be a part of such a supportive and inspirational community! So proud of you for rocking those chin-ups and for listening to your body with the leg press! You’re awesome!

Michelle (Better with Berries) June 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Way to go on those chinups!! I meant to practice doing pullups and kind of forgot… whoops :-)

Corrie Anne June 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

That is very exciting about those chin-ups!!!! Nice. My favorite part of June was definitely our first anniversary and my husband’s bday too.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Awesome job on all your goals Meg! I love how you included “spending more time with friends” as one. That really is so important! I think I might make it my July goal since I’ve been totally slacking on seeing friends since starting my job. :P

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Happy Saturday, my darling dearest! <3 Wow, June was truly an amazing month, wasn't it?! I am SO proud of you for accomplishing so many of your goals, love! This month, one of my big goals is getting more sleep. I've been extremely sleep deprived this entire year, but now that school is over, I'm going to be intentional about making it a priority! We ladies need our beauty rest. ;)

You've definitely been a kitchen queen, and I'm lucky because I get to try them! I'm especially looking forward to those scallops and the salad dressing.

And finally, CONGRATS on going above and beyond your goal of doing an unassisted chin-up!! That's amazing!! And two at that! Wow, you're such an inspiration! I'm still working on mine, but have a ways to go. I'm hoping to be there by the end of the year.

Sending love and hugs! xoxo

Lauren A. @ Newest Obsession June 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

What a great recap! You accomplished quite a bit. I am majorly impressed by the daily foam rolling and stretching routine. Every time I finish a bike or ride, I’m like “I gotta foam roll tonight” and 9 times out of 10 it _doesn’t_ happen.

I’d have to say the highlight of my June was my bridal shower :-). I didn’t really set any goals for June, so I am not sure if I accomplished anything. I’ll have to start brainstorming some goals for July.

Lisa June 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Great June recap! You definitely accomplished a lot! Awesome job on those chin ups, those are hard stuff. And I can’t believe you almost leg pressed 200 lbs. <3 you

Lils June 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Thanks for bringing me to David’s Tea!! :)
You’re such a sweetheart ! I think you’ve accomplished a lot this month !I’m happy for you ! <3 And hopefully you can succeed on trying recipes :P I'll show you if I have to :P
xox <3

Kimberly @ Redefining Kimberly June 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Meg – You should be proud of everything you accomplished this month. My favorite moment in June would have been all the wonderful connections that I have made via my blog and Twitter.

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats June 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Great job with your June goals babe! :) You are amazing! My favorite part of June was getting involved and starting to attend church again!

pluvk June 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I can’t believe June is just about over! My favorite part of June was my birthday, definitely. My hubs treated us to a 2-night staycation, AND he got me a fitbit and a bicycle. So lucky! My goals weren’t all completed, but one was to spend more time with friends, which I did. SUCCESS! :-)

My hubs bday is in July. ;-)

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body June 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Meg, you have made so many great accomplishments this month! I am always inspired by your outgoing, and encouraging personality like your goal to make new blog friends and spend time with other friends! One of my goals for the month was to plant some herbs, and I did that this weekend :)

Kate @ Work in Progress June 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM

you did FANTASTIC with your june goals!!! I especially love the tea page, I always love your tea reviews :-D and I think you made up for the lack of fitness classes by KILLING IT this month with those chinups and leg presses, and getting more serious about gaining that muscle! :-D I didn’t really set goals for myself this month, but i DID get a ton of stuff sorted out and I think I’m on a much better platform to start July :-D

Heather @ For the Love of Kale July 1, 2012 at 12:59 PM

GIRL, you always satisfy your readers!!! YOU are seriously the most amazing person and show us love every day. June was a beautiful month because it was OUR BIRTHDAY MONTH! Here’s to you!

Meghan Rene @ Uncooked & UnWalked July 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I adore kayaking!!! When you get a chance – you’ll love it too. I only go about once a year – but it always becomes the highlight of my summer! If you ever need book suggestions – email me – I have a ton. I just finished “The Innocent” and “Defending Jacob” both are must reads!!

I am so glad I met you and started following your blog!!!

My favorite part of June was all the love I felt on my birthday. It was oddly a hard year for me and people really came out of the wood works to make it phenomenal!

Meg July 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I am glad I started following your blog too hun :) great friendship <3

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl July 1, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Sounds like you accomplished a lot of goals! Good for you :)

Adrianne July 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Greak work on your goals! I’ve been reading the Happiness Project and following along each month this year. Did you know that the June task was to make time for friends? I focused on that all month and had a great time with it. Kayaking sounds fun! I need to add that to my list of things to try.

Meg July 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I definitely DID know that since I read your blog ;) Wasn’t it amazing spending more time with friends!? :) Let me know if you go kayaking :)