hey there, gorgeous!
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

High Five Friday #21

July 6, 2012 | High Five Friday | 76 Comments

FRIDAY! πŸ™‚

Gosh, doesn’t it feel good hearing that it is Friday?

Even though Monday was a long weekend and this week literally flew by due to my little getaway, I am relieved to hear that it is Friday. I suppose it is just because I like making you all feel god about yourselves πŸ˜‰

So, without further a do, let’s get this High Five Friday celebration started! πŸ™‚

Sloane is giving herself a high five this week for a huge accomplishment that is allowing her to take part in a once in a life time experience:

“I’ve been planning a 6 week trip to Peru for several months now (studying spanish, living with a family, hiking the Inca Trail, and other awesome stuff!). A month ago, when I got sent home from school because of my relapse, my doctor told me that I probably would not be able to go because I was too sick, and body would not be able to handle the 12000 ft. altitude. When I went for a check-up this week, however, he told me that my weight has stabilized, my blood pressure is at a much healthier level, and I’ve raised my iron, electrolyte, and potassium to a level where he felt comfortable allowing me to go!!!!Β

I can hardly believe it…it took a LOT of hard work, and being away for 6 weeks in a foreign country will be a huge challenge, but it also is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I don’t want to spend it worrying about food/weight.”

Sam says,

“I’m giving myself a high five for FINALLY starting a healthy living blog after reading them for years! I’m looking forward to meeting as many people as I can and being active in this lovely community.
Here’s a picture of me exploring ruins on a recent trip to the Mayan Riviera, Mexico!”

Meg is giving herself a high five this week because she “got a 100% on my Microsoft Word exam for my computer skills class!”

Β Brittany gets a high five for passing her driving exam and getting her license!

Brittany gets a high five for entering Kelly Ripa’s co-host contest!

JanethaΒ is getting a high five because she ran a 10k!

Β KimΒ is getting a high five for following her dreams and will be getting her Certified Personal Training and Group Fitness Instructor certifications.

Lindsay is getting a high five for listening to her body and taking care of herself and staying off of her foot for five days!

Β

Michelle gets a high five for taking part in the Dirty Girls Mud Run!

Β

Carlyn gets a high five for blogging for a year!

Lindsay gets a high five for trying a new food! It was her first time having kale!

Charissa gets a high five for starting the Colourful Smoothie Challenge! It’s a huge success already!

Β

Erin gets a high five for getting engaged!

“I just got engaged to the most incredibly guy last Friday who I thank my lucky stars each and every day for meeting. He is my best friend and I am SO excited to get to plan a wedding and spend the rest of my life with him!”

Brittany also got engaged! High five girl!

Crystal gets a high five for breaking 800 “likes” on her Facebook page!

Chelsea’s mom gets a high five for receiving the Queen’s Jubilee award!

Brittany gets a high five for all of her hard work in the gym! It is sure paying off as she is seeing muscular growth!

Β

Janae gets a high five because she crossed a July goal off of her list! She ran a 10 k!

Β

Bee gets a high five for starting her job as supply staff!

Lindsay gets a high five for starting her internship!

Jenn gets a high five for celebrating her 2 year wedding anniversary!

Β

Heather gets a high five for finding her fitness groove again! She is loving her workouts like she once used to!

Brittany gets a high five for blogging for a year!

Anna gets a high five for being chosen to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador!

Β Linz gets a high five for completing the RWRUNSTREAK!

Emily gets a high five for finally starting her own blog! Make sure you check it out πŸ™‚

Jessie also started her own blog! High five!

Juliet has had a big week with a lot of successes! She gets a high five for getting grad school funding and gaining a bit of weight, but being proud of it – something that she wouldn’t have been able to do in the past!

Sable gets a high five for writing her first microbiology exam!

Ashley gets a high five for running a 5k!

Heather gets a high five for hiking a mountain over 14,000 feet!

Alexis gets a high five for trying a new food! It was her first time trying lamb!

Angela gets a high five for having an “ah ha” moment! She has recently realized that it is OK not to go out and party every weekend like the rest of her friends – in fact, she likes it better this way!

Β

Char gets a high five for transitioning her blog over to a self hosted domain!

Β

Kierston gets a high five for completing the Spartan Beast Race!

Heather gets a high five for “transferring to theΒ University of North TexasΒ in the Fall of 2012 to pursue a BA in Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations, and a minor in Health Promotion.”

Danielle gets a high five for creating a new page on her blog for her dog, Lemon!

Michelle gets a high five for giving a tribute speech to Ina Garten for her public speaking course.

Kaila gets a high five for creating a tasty new recipe!

Ali gets a high five for getting up on the wake board this year! She can tell that her strength training is paying πŸ™‚

Annelle gets a high five for having success in the garden! She grew her first green pepper!

Christina and Dean get high fives for becoming puppy parents to one of the cutest munchkins around!

Shelly, a family friend of ours, gets a high five for some exciting news that I just received! She is pregnant! High five to Shelly’s husband, Kevin, and their daughter, Danika, too!

It’s been a great week! πŸ™‚ I know there are more high fives to be handed out, so if you have a HFF post of your own please link up below or share your high five for the week in the comment section!

My high five this week is going to be for driving two hours by myself to visit my Grandma πŸ™‚ I don’tΒ reallyΒ like driving, so I was always nervous to drive a longer distance by myself; however, I pushed my anxiety aside and did it πŸ™‚ I am so glad I did too because I had a wonderful visit with my Grandma and Lils!

High five to Meg growing up! πŸ˜‰

Thank you to those of you who participated in HFF this week! It means the world to me πŸ™‚

Remember,Β anyΒ triumph that happens throughout your week deserves to be recognized, so don’t be shy! Send me a HFF submission to my email (adashofmeg@gmail.com) to be featured in next week’s HFF post! πŸ™‚

Love you lots!

xoxo

Tags:

76 Comments

Emily

July 6, 2012

I absolutely LOVE your High Five Friday posts. I look forward to them every Friday! There are so many exciting things to celebrate this week. (:
    And I’m so proud of you for pushing past your anxiety and making the drive to visit your Grandma! You look adorable and I hope your enjoyed every minute with her.
    I’m so happy to be back in the blogosphere. I’ve missed you, sweetie!

July 7, 2012

Thank you Emily! My goodness I have missed you too! You have no idea how happy I was when I saw YOU and your new blog!

Girl you are so sweet! Thanks for all that you do and for being so kind and giving to others! I’m so glad you had a fun road trip! And thanks for sharing a picture of my new ring! πŸ˜€ It looks like a lot of people had AMAZING weeks this week!

July 7, 2012

So funny how I already had you in the post πŸ˜€ xo love you

Charissa

July 6, 2012

Thanks for the mention luv!

pluvk

July 6, 2012

Congratulations to all who received High Fives! What a great way to start the weekend. πŸ™‚ I also want to adopt those adorable dogs! They are all so cute!
    And I love Sloane’s High Five. She’s such an inspiration! I hope she lets us know how her trip goes.

And congrats to you for the long drive! I’m not into solo drives either, so I think that was a great High Five!

Sloane Pitman

July 6, 2012

Thank you!! I’m in the process of starting my own blog and will be posting about my adventures! Its so awesome to be a part of such an amazing group of women (and men too ha!) celebrating our achievements each week!

July 7, 2012

I cannot wait to see your blog Sloane! I better be the first to know πŸ˜‰ HEHE <3

Sloane Pitman

July 7, 2012

Oh absolutely! You’re my biggest inspiration πŸ™‚

Congrats to all of the lovely ladies featured!

I’m sending hugs and high fives to all the fabulous ladies in this post!! I love reading about everyone’s triumphs and accomplishments every week–it warms my heart and proves that there is SO much GOOD in this world! <3 <3

I can't wait to hear all about your visit with your grandma and Lils! So glad you had a good time, sis! And congrats on the long car trip! I'm the same way–I don't like driving long distances, but sometimes the trip is completely worth it! (And yours most definitely was!) Love you!! xoxo

You’re so sweet, Meg! Thanks for the high five πŸ™‚ What a fabulous way to stay positive & encouraged!

Awww thank you hun! πŸ™‚ And congrats on conquering that drive!

aw thank you so much for including me girl <3 and kudos to all the girls starting new blogs! love your high five fridays and love YOU!

Brittany

July 6, 2012

Thanks for the mention Meg! Love ya girl πŸ™‚ Congrats to all these lovely ladies!

Linz @ Itz Linz

Oh, I so love you, Meg!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Love this and love you!!! thank you <3:)

awww I love you! Thanks so much for adding me since I forgot to submit something. My roommate gave me like a million high fives for having kale for the first time. Kale is like her obsession in life. She is always trying to shove kale chips down my throat lol. High fives to everyone from some awesome accomplishments this week.

I say it every week but it bears repeating – High Five Friday is my favorite part of Friday! Thanks for mentioning me and my deceision to pursue certification!!

Alex @ therunwithin

July 6, 2012

each week there are more and more people, I just love it. I love getting to meet new bloggers and see how they give themselves a true pat on the back.

High five for the drive on your own – I’m sure seeing your grandma was worth it! πŸ™‚

Thanks for this post! It makes me happy for all of those deserving high fives, but it also makes me think of the potential this world has for all of us every.single.day. <3

July 7, 2012

Very true Tiff! πŸ˜€ Every day we have something to high five ourselves about! πŸ˜€

Awwww!!! Thanks so much for the high five Meg!! Thanks from Lemon, too! YAY Friday!! xoxo

I looooove Lemon πŸ™‚ I must meet him<3

My favorite day of the week!!!! Thanks so much for hosting this every week! You are awesome!!!

Awww thanks love πŸ™‚

Thanks for the mention, love!!! Hope you have a wonderful friday!

GREAT post, Meg! And thanks for catching me up with all of my loves πŸ™‚ I’ve been a bit MIA this week πŸ˜‰

aw thank you so much for the high five! i was pretty stoked but i gotta say…i will stick with my short workouts haha 43mins felt like a long time but i’m proud of myself for doing it! i love road trips so congrats to you! this may be the beginning of a beautiful journey in your life…so freeing just you, the music and the open road! ^_^

Congrats to everyone for their hard work and accomplishments!

HIGH FIVES TO EVERYONE YAY!!!

OI! Totally forgot to submit mine – I’m such a space sometimes. HIGH FIVE to you for doing this and keeping people motivated! You rock girl – congrats to everyone on here!!!

Thanks Meghan! Love you girl

Caitlin

July 6, 2012

Love high five Friday! Congrats to all and the puppy is ADORABLE!

Hannah

July 6, 2012

I love reading about all these amazing women every Friday! Such a great thing you have going Meg! Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments πŸ™‚

Wow, thank you Hannah πŸ™‚ Your comment means so much to me <3

Ali Mc

July 6, 2012

LOVED this HHF πŸ™‚ I forgot to do one again but I did one last week so maybe this week I’ll creep around and do another πŸ˜‰ I love that Danielle made a Lemon page….I’ll have to check that out. I also went to the girl that had 800 likes on fb and added another one πŸ˜‰

I will be creeping many of these lovelies throughout the night. I LOVE you meg. Can’t wait till we can meet up one day πŸ™‚ congrats on doing that 2hr drive alone. Long drives can be hard but usually they turn out to be a lot more fun b/c of that nice alone time πŸ˜€ xo

July 7, 2012

I love you too πŸ™‚ Our meet up will be SO much fun!!! Definitely happening this year! I have long weekends every week! No classes Fridays!

29. Pingback: Fashion Friday (That Feels Like Tuesday) « Cait Plus Ate

Love all of these High Fives! So fun!!

Haha not my first 10k.. but thanks for the high five! Love ya!

July 7, 2012

I feel so bad about the mistake πŸ™ I fixed it right when you told me

Lisa

July 6, 2012

Congrats to everyone for doing such amazing things this week! Hugs to everyone who accomplished these!! Love you my friend <3

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats

July 6, 2012

I want Christina’s dog. What a little cutie! πŸ™‚ So many great accomplishments this week!

Ah, you are so amazing for putting this all together!!! Super motivating to see what everyone is getting a high five for each week. πŸ™‚

congrats to all these ladies! can’t wait to check out the new blogs especially! πŸ™‚

Wow! Thanks for giving me a “high five”! I really appreciate that. That mud run was straight up craziness! But an incredible amount of fun. I highly recommend it. πŸ™‚

Annette@ FitnessPerks

YAY!! These ladies are all doing great! LOVE it. Happy Friday <3

Ahhhh! What a way to start off the weekend! I am in LOVE with the positive vibes! Congratulations to EVERYONE for their recent accomplishments! WE ROCK!

And I have to agree, Princeton is the cutest puppy IN.THE. WORLD!! πŸ˜‰

I want him!

Sloane Pitman

July 6, 2012

Thank you SO much for the mention, Meg! And high five to you for completing a solo road trip! I remember the first time I drove by myself to school (it too is about 2 hours from where I lived, and was by far my longest drive alone). Good music definitely helps πŸ™‚ SO proud of you! I can’t tell you how aweome you are for putting this together each week, and how happy I am to be a part of it!

And to all these lovely women: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I adore seeing what amazing things you all are doing each week–its a HUGE motivator and a great way to celebrate each other!
    Love to all of you!!

xoxo Sloane

July 7, 2012

Thanks for being so proud of me love πŸ™‚ You make me feel so good!!!! πŸ™‚

I am proud of you too! πŸ™‚ xoxo

Another great HFF…high five to all of you!!!

Kat

high five to everyone!!
    especially to YOU my love! Sorry I havent been able to participate lately, Ive missed it! Next week for sure πŸ™‚

High fives to all of you =)

Awww you are so sweet for giving a high five to my mom! I’m texting her about it right now. She’s on a trip this weekend, but I’m going to show it to her the second she gets back! πŸ™‚

Thanks Chels πŸ™‚

Pam G

Love your High Five Fridays – thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Thanks again for including me Meg – I love reading these every week!

jessie

July 6, 2012

You’re too sweet! Thank you so much for including me on your “high five friday”.

Have an awesome weekend girl!

jessie

July 7, 2012

**Also, I just nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award πŸ™‚ Details on my blog!

Hehe thanks Jessie πŸ™‚

Congrats to all of you WONDERFUL WONDERFUL ladies! Your friday high fives always make me smile Meg – you go girl!

jessie

July 7, 2012

Thank you Electra! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Feel free to stop by my blog <3

you always make me smile sweetie πŸ™‚ I LOVE YOU

Thank you so much for the shout out Meg!!! This week has been so long with the 10 hour days haha. I hope you have an amazing weekend. And thank you so much for your sweet birthday wishes. You are such a good friend love!

YOU are such a good friend <3 so lucky to have you in my life πŸ™‚

Carlyn

This is the sweetest post, thank you for including me! You have made my day! <2

July 7, 2012

Of course! It is definitely something to high five about sweetheart πŸ˜€

Kierston

July 7, 2012

This is so awesome!!! Thank you so much for including me in this post! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

July 7, 2012

Of course sweetie! I am so proud of you! It looked like so much fun too πŸ˜€

Aww, yay! Thanks for the shout out!! I feel so special πŸ™‚

I am just catching up from Friday… but Melissa should also get a high five for those bangin’ abs! Congrats to everyone and thank you for the inspiration!!!

MEG! I love you! I read this off my phone the other day but couldn’t comment! You are too nice. Thank you so much for including our new little puppy in your high fives! We are proud parents πŸ™‚

54. Pingback: Marvelous in My Monday