Running on Three

by Meg on July 21, 2012

Today’s later-than-usual-post is a result of me stepping back, enjoying life, time away from the computer, and doing things I’ve never done before.

Last night, I went out to a bar and played pool! This girl does not play pool, but last night she did! And I did pretty good actually ;) Who knew I had somewhat of an aim?

I stayed out with my friends until 2:30 and got to bed at 3:00 am which is the meaning behind the title to this post, “Running on Three.” I am currently running on three hours of sleep today, but am rocking it! Here’s a bit of what my day looked like:

Deliciousness

one runny egg, one 4 egg white omelette with parmesan, spinach, and mushrooms, & pumpkin oat bran

Sweatiness

Road trip!

DAVIDsTEA

Sashimi

Silliness

This weekend isn’t even over yet and it has been one of the best I’ve had all summer.

Sometimes I am pretty bitter about being in Saskatchewan for the summer as I miss my friends from London so much, but I have been a little more outgoing lately, stepping out of my comfort zone, and meeting new people! By making these small changes I have been able to meet some wonderful new friends and have the opportunity to enjoy weekends such as these!

Today, I went to Regina with one of my new best friends that I had the pleasure of meeting this past winter. We had a blast. We hit up DAVIDsTEA (obviously), enjoyed tuna and salmon sashimi (I clearly had some fun with the pickled ginger as well haha), and bought all of the almond milk Costco had to offer. Ok, maybe not all the almond milk, but we did stock up ;)

I’m not entirely sure how I was able to wake up this morning a 6:00 am bright-eyed and perky, but I did, so I went to the gym and started my new workout program (program #3) that I just received from my personal trainer this morning! It’s late afternoon now and I am still not tired (even after a full day of shopping), so I’m rolling with it. I’m sure I’ll hit a wall sooner or later, but for now I am enjoying the day and squeezing in all of the laughs and smiles that I can!

How many hours of sleep did you get last night?

When was the last time you stayed out late with friends?

What is one word that you would use to describe something that happened during your day today?

Have a great Saturday! I’m excited to tell you about my new workout program! That’ll be tomorrow ;)

xoxo

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Perfect! :) Glad we both spend way too much money on tea. Bahaha! My day today was powerful. It really made me think of how good of a childhood I truly did have. I can’t imagine being a kid growing up in the neighborhood we worked in today. It makes me want to learn more about them and how I can help them.

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness July 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Good for you for stepping outside of your routine today!!!! PS that breakfast looks amazing :)

Katelyn Block July 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hahhahaa love it. Who says playing with your food is wrong? I don’t want to be right.

Angela July 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Ooh David’s tea! What are your favorite flavors? I’m so sad they discontinued chocolate cake here in Toronto :(

Meg July 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I do tea reviews, so you can check out them under my “tea” page, but my top three favourites are:
- gold rush
- organic ginger pureh
- cinnamon rooibos chai :)

but there are so many good ones! hehe

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli July 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Wow, you go girl! I remember when I could bounce back like that after only a few hours of shut eye…but sadly now, at the ripe old age of 27, I just can’t hang! Hmm, let’s see…I did somehow manage to stay up till about 2 on new Years, but only because it’s kinda hard to fall asleep while standing in a bar in the middle of downtown Nashville! Lol

Good to hear you are trying new things and making new friends! That really IS what life is all about…experiences!

I’ve been working/surviving the night shift lately…I usually aim for 7-8 hours of sleep but my body seems to think lately that I can run on 5-6…we still have a few things to sort out obviously! ;)

My word for today: Escargot! Tried it for the very first time with the bf today and we both LOVED it!

Meg July 23, 2012 at 11:52 AM

WOOOO I love escargot! You know what else I love? YOU ;)

Emily July 22, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Aww! I love that you’re stepping out of your comfort zone! And you look absolutely gorgeous, by the way!
I’ve been getting out there and trying new things too and I’m having so much fun. I can’t believe you played pool! I haven’t played since I was in high school and would probably be horrible. haha.

And can I pleeeaaase come visit you so that we can go to David’s Tea?! I’m dying! I wish we had it here in California. ):

Meg July 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Oh my goodness I would love to go to DAVIDsTEA with you sweetheart <3

pluvk July 22, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Yay, you totally deserve a fun night out! And to have a little too much fun with the ginger on your sushi plate! I cannot thrive on three hours of sleep… this girl NEEDS her sleep! :-) Glad you rocked your day!

One word to describe mine… hmmm… HOT! Hahaha… spent some time by the beach, and it was sweltering.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Haha I know what you mean – I’m pretty bitter about being here in Burlington this summer too. Especially since most of my friends are MIA. :P But I’m so proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone and staying out late. It sounds like it was so worth it!

Also that’s awesome you started a new program! I can’t wait to hear how it’s going for you. :)

Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy July 22, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Life is for living! What’s the point in being healthy and awesome if you can’t use that healthy awesomeness to have some fun and live a little! Good job for getting out and about, you rock!

Linz @ Itz Linz July 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM

AH! I don’t know how you are running on 3 hours of sleep!! I can’t do that!! Cute pix! :)

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes July 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Glad you’re rocking your short sleep but you are gonna crash tonight! I can’t believe you’re already on another workout program from Tara! Can’t wait to hear about it :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I’m running on about 5-6 hours of sleep today…because the last time I went out with my friends was last night, actually!

We went to Onyx lounge downtown (bleh) and then to Poachers Arms (the best pub in London, in my humble opinion) for a friends birthday – it was definitely a great night!

Meg July 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM

If you figure out how you woke up at 6 am bright eyes and perky, let me know!

The last time I stayed out late with friends was when I was watching a movie at a friends house and then stayed up talking for hours! It was after 2 am when I finally figured I should get my hiney in bed!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig July 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Oh gosh, I don’t know how you wake up so early AND go to the gym after falling asleep so late. I skip the gym if I only get 7 hours of sleep, let alone 3!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile July 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I’m glad you had such a great weekend! Sometimes, if I get too little sleep, I’m wide awake. I think i’m just so over-tired, that I get hyper :)

Hannah R. July 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Sounds like a fun time! And good choice on the salmon and tuna sashimi;) <3

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I’m so glad you had a great time! If I get too little sleep I’m a bear the next day! lol… I so wish we had a tea place like that!! I need a fun tea right now!