hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Brownies for Breakfast

Good morning, loves! <3

I hope everyone's enjoying their weekends. It seems as though most of the worlds' population is busy watching the Olympics; the majority of the tweets in my Twitter feed are about the Olympics in some way or another and my blog's activity has become quite diminished ever since the opening ceremonies on Friday.

I however was much too busy to catch any of the Olympics yesterday. This little furball was occupying all of my time, but I didn't mind one bit ;)

My Aunt needed a puppy-sitter for her new puppy, Jozi, yesterday and today, so you can bet that I was the first one to offer my help! I miss Cuddles so much and any time I spend with another puppy fills my heart with comfort <3

Jozi definitely kept me busy! We spent all afternoon together and I took her for a walk last night. Ok, I lie I lie – she took me for a run, but it's all the same, right?

She was actually really played out after her jaunt around the neighbourhood, though. When we got home she headed straight for her water dish and basically fell into the thing. It was precious.

As much as I would love to go on and on about how adorable and sweet little Jozi is, I have a recipe to share with you! :)

A few weeks ago, I had a pretty great time creating new recipes in my kitchen. I'm not sure if you remember, but I posted this picture with you and said I would share all of the recipes for the pictures shown!

So far, I have shared all but one of these amazing recipes with you:

Lemon Buckwheat Crepes with Raspberry Sauce (picture on right)

Tofu Scallops Wrapped in Eggplant Bacon (top centre)

Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream (top left)

Healthy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing (bottom left)

That leaves us with the…

Chocolate Brownie & Raspberry Parfait!

Ingredients & Directions:

For the brownie:

1/2 cup oats
1 – 2 TBSP pumpkin or applesauce
1 whole egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites)
2 TBSP cocoa powder
sweetener (optional)

Blend all of the above ingredients for the brownie in a blender until a batter forms. Heat in microwave until cooked.

For the parfait:

3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
raspberries

Stir the yogurt and protein powder together until mixed well.

To assemble your parfait:

1. Choose a pretty "parfait" cup, jar, or glass
2. Begin to layer: yogurt, brownie pieces, raspberries, etc.
3. Enjoy :)

How has your weekend been?

Have you made any of the five recipes I have shared from that one picture?

Are you going to make this for breakfast tomorrow? It is really delicious ;) I am actually eating one right now…

Love you!

xoxo

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

38 Comments

twosaucysisters

July 29, 2012

aweee What a cutie! :) Looks like you had so much fun! And oh baby does this parfait look amazing, DEFINITELY making this! :)

What a cutie, I would jump at the chance to dogsit her too!! And that recipe looks SO good…I love putting chocolate protein in my yogurt for a nighttime snack, but this sounds like a delicious breakfast! I always love your recipes so I know this one will be great too :)

Fiona

This looks DELISH!!! Can’t wait to try! Thanks for sharing girl!~

Jozi is the cutest! I love her! What kind of puppy is she? That breakfast looks amazing! I would totally love brownies for breakfast! I think I might have to try this!

July 30, 2012

Jozi is a Coton de Tulear :)

That is such a cute puppy!! So sweet of you to puppy sit!

The brownie parfait looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it! :)

julie

July 29, 2012

great recipe girl! genius idea :) going to have to borrow that one from you when i’m hankering for a good old brownie :) xox

teabagginit

July 29, 2012

that parfait is too freaking cute! and tofu scallops with eggplant bacon? genius!

Ali Mc

July 29, 2012

Looks great Meg. I missed the tofu scallops they look UNBELIEVABLE! I’ve gotta make it! also – I wanted to let you know my avocado pit finally sprouted a shoot….Im using the toothpick method.

July 30, 2012

I was eating avocados yesterday wondering how your little plant was doing! I would love to know more about how you planted and got this started!

Alex @ therunwithin

July 29, 2012

I love that tofu scallops idea, I mean all of them just look so delicious. I miss puppy sitting, such a great job to have. If you can even call it a job!

you=awesome, you=inspiring, you=creative

i think that sums it up! ;-)

betterwithsprinklesblog

July 29, 2012

Oh goodness, Jozi looks so much like my mother-in-law’s dog it’s ridiculous – what kind of dog is she?

I had a parfait for breakfast this morning…there’s something so satisfying about eating something so pretty! Although I think yours was better, mine didn’t include chocolate! Going on the must try list :-)

July 30, 2012

She is a Coton de Tulear :)

notsodomesticated

July 29, 2012

What a gorgeous puppy!!! I got to Skype with my mom yesterday, so I got to see her puppy, Sophie. I miss that little ball of fur!!

Brittany

July 29, 2012

What a cute puppy!!! All your food look delish! I’m totally craving that parfait now! :) Hope you are having a great weekend girl!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes

July 29, 2012

Looks so good, I wish I had some raspberries now! I always put yogurt on pancakes like cool whip ;)

Oh my gosh girl this looks AMAZING! Chocolate and raspberry is one of my favourite flavour combinations. :D

ithinkicanfitness

July 29, 2012

You had me at brownie…also that dog is ADORABLE!!

Megan

July 29, 2012

Awww the puppy is so adorable! What kind of dog is she?

That brownie looks delish, and I actually have all of the ingredients!

July 30, 2012

She is a Coton de Tulear! :)

Emily

July 29, 2012

Aww! I’m so glad that you got to puppy-sit! She is beyond adorable!
    I’ve been puppy-sitting a lot for my friend Alex and I love it. It gives me an excuse to be with an animal. I miss my babies back home SO much and I can’t even imagine how much you miss Cuddles. You’re going to make such a great momma when you get another puppy of your own. (:
    And, once again, your recipe is brilliant! Love you! <3

melissaontherun

Meg,
    Thanks SO much for this brownie recipe!!!! I am eating it now with some almond butter on top.

I hope you don’t mind I shared it in today’s blog :)

July 30, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing, love :) <3

Lisa

July 30, 2012

The dog looks like a sweetie pie!
    Love that brownie parfait recipe, looks divine. Especially first thing in the morning! Adore it.

Your breatkfast parfait looks amazing, sis! Is this the same yummy concoction I saw on Instagram today? Oh my goodness. <3 I love the instant microwave brownie idea; I mean, who wants to wait for a brownie to BAKE? Not this girl! ;)

I'm so happy that you got to spend time with Jozi yesterday—what a cutie pie! I bet she LOVED all the love you poured into her. Do you think you'll get another puppy, sis?

I'm off to check out the chocolate avocado ice cream! I think I missed that post (and yesterday's too—time to catch up on my sister's life!).

LOVE YOU! An email is coming your way this week. Promise! xoxoxo <3

July 30, 2012

YES! Same concoction, sis ;) You should definitely give it a try because I KNOW you will love it ;)

I hardly bake anything, sis. The microwave is so much more convenient ;)

Jozi is a Coton de Tulear and I have some very exciting news to tell you when we have a chance to g chat :)

So, if you don’t have a chance to email – we should g chat :) SO much to catch up on right!? LOVE YOU

22. Pingback: 07/30: MIMM | A Dash Of Meg

Hannah R.

July 30, 2012

What a cute puppy!!
    Thank goodness for your blog yesterday morning, I woke up wanting something different for breakfast than my usual and so of course I turned to blogs:) What perfect timing it was for you to post this recipe! haha, needless to say I made it yesterday morning for my husband and I and we both really liked it! Thanks Meg:)

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit

July 30, 2012

I am drooling over here!!! And again, we are thinking alike with the chocolate raspberry idea…I literally just finished eating a snack of greek yogurt mixed with cocoa powder and raspberries. TWINS or what?! Oh yes.

Lori

July 30, 2012

Thanks again Megs for looking after our precious Jozi. She actuallly whined for about 30 mins after we left your place. She missed you and all the love and attention you gave her. She wants to come back :o) I am glad you got to spend that time with her. Sure is heartwarming, to see you two together.

Yes Jozi is a coton de tulear and one of the greatest things that came into our families lives. She is a wonderful little socialite who loves attention, walks, hugs and are also great with children. Thanks Megs, lots of love to you!!

Love the pics and the recipes you always provide.

abznoats

July 31, 2012

Yum! :) That brownie parfait sounds delish!

27. Pingback: Awesome August | A Dash Of Meg

28. Pingback: Marvelous in My Monday

29. Pingback: Banana Creme Brownie Parfait + WIAW » Sprint 2 the Table | Sprint 2 the Table

30. Pingback: Blondies for Breakfast – a spin off « twosaucysisters