07/30: MIMM

by Meg on July 30, 2012

Good morning! :)

I can't help but wonder how many of you are eating a chocolate brownie and raspberry parfait right now? ;)

Unfortunately, Jozi had to leave me yesterday which literally left me in tears (I want a puppy so badly, but that's a whole other story…)

Luckily we have Marvelous Monday to cheer me up! ;)

A big thanks to Katie for creating such a wonderful series to take part in every week! I know it definitely puts a smile on my face thinking about all of the marvelous things life has to offer! And trust me, there is a lot of marvelous in my life, so let's get started :)

My new iPhone

The Blackberry is gone, friends! I no longer have to deal with that thing and I am so happy – one day it was frozen for 8 hours! I am loving my iPhone, the purple case I bought for it, and all of the apps that I have downloaded so far ;)

like Instagram ;)

I have to admit, I was jealous of all of you with Instagram during those horrid Blackberry days…
I didn't know what Instagram was all about or why there was such hype over the app, but now I get it. It's amazing and that's all that needs to be said. If you're not following me yet, you should because I share a lot of pictures, good pictures. Food pictures in particular and I am sure you'll love them ;)

My username is adashofmeg if you're interested ;)

Blogging

I love blogging so much and it is truly marvelous! Throughout the past week I've come across two posts in particular that have really stuck with me, so I suggest you go read them if you haven't yet!

On Creating Idols by Lindsay

Make Today Beautiful, Get Your Good Going by Lauren

Puppies

I couldn't help myself – I had to include Jozi again! My weekend was exceptionally marvelous just because of her <3

Raspberries

I can't get enough of them! If you were to ask me my favourite fruit, I would have a hard time choosing between raspberries and blueberries, but raspberries definitely have my heart at the current moment.

I've been enjoying my parfaits topped with raspberries

But I have also been enjoying picking raspberries, as well! Yesterday, my Mom and I went to our friends' house and picked raspberries! It was so much fun!

We picked a ton of raspberries!

Don't be surprised if I turn into a raspberry, OK? ;)

Avocados

Hands down, avocados are one of my favourite foods. I don't think I could live without it. I remember the days that I did live with out avocados… such sad, sad days. Never again.

Last night I made this dressing and it was the best dressing I have ever had in my life. It's creamy, it's tangy, it's heavenly

Like I said, a lot of marvelous in my life! :)

What's marvelous in your life today?

What made your weekend marvelous?

What is your favourite salad dressing?

Love love love,

xoxo

P.s. if you did something that you want to give yourself a high five for please send me your submission to adashofmeg@gmail.com for this weeks' HFF post :)

Heather @ For the Love of Kale July 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Okay, so true story: I literally LEAPT for joy when you added me on Instagram. I was like, “Meeeeeeeg!” Haha! YOU. ARE. MARVELOUS. The end. :-)

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:00 AM

HAHA! “Meeeeeeeg!”

I love it ;)

katalysthealth July 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Jozi is too precious!! Im glad you got to spend some time with her :)
And avocados AND raspberries?! Thats my kind of weekend!

Alex @ therunwithin July 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I love starting my mondays off with this. It really gets me going. I have loved blogging so much these past few weeks for the same reason, the amazing posts and communities including yours. Dude, I want some rasberries, those look so juicy. The dinner as well is spot on, love me some shrimp.

betterwithsprinklesblog July 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Today is marvellous because: my first guest post ever is up! (http://amazingasset.com/2012/07/30/guest-post-sams-story/) I’m so freakin’ giddy about it, it’s actually ridiculous.

This weekend was marvellous because I didn’t actually do too much. The rest of my summer is going to be pretty busy and I’m moving/back in school in September, so it was nice to have a really chill weekend. I played around in the kitchen a lot, which always makes for a fun weekend if you ask me :-)

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Congrats on your first guest post sweetheart! I AM SO proud of you! I remember how excited I was <3 xoxo!!!!!!!!!!

twosaucysisters July 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM

What is marvelous in our lives? The Olympics! We can’r get enough of them! We just LOVE cheering our Canadian athletes on :)
Also, that dressing looks delicious- we’ll have to try it!!

Yellow Haired Girl July 30, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Today is marvelous because I have a TON to do and it will make the day flyyyyyy by! Enjoy your day love :)

julie July 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

oh! i can’t WAIT to make that dressing! thanks girl! xo

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Julie, you are going to LOVE this ;)

Meghan Rene July 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Aw – the doggie pictures really put a smile on my face :)

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Yay <3

Love you, Meghan

sugaraddictanonymous July 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Mmmmm! Those raspberries look fabulous! You also look very comfortable with a dog in your arms. I think you need a fluffy friend soon. You can come doggy sit for my Penny anytime! (PS. I am starting a Marvelous Me page today–thanks for the inspiration!)
~Cat

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Awwww I love this comment, Cat!!!! <3 I would totally come watch Penny for you! I want my own little puppy so badly! I even have a list of names going and guess what!?!? Penny is on that list! HA! So weird!

Anyways, congrats on starting a Marvelous Me page – you are no idea how happy this makes me!!!!!!

Danielle (@CleanFoodCreativeFitness) July 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Happy Marvelous Monday!!! Thank you for including Jozi again because I think I am obsessed too! I so badly would like a puppy too! She is just the cutest! I have a blackberry too and I am dying for my upgrade to come so I can switch to the Iphone! I am super jealous of everyone with instagram! Can’t wait!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:06 AM

You better let me know when you get your hands on an iPhone missy ;)

chimes July 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Um yes. An iPhone would make any Monday marvelous!

Miranda @ Miranda's Munchies July 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

First of all, i love your pretty purple iphone case! purple is my fav color, so of course I’m in love <3. Second, I love picking raspberries! I actually like picking them more than I like eating them! I'm not sure why, but I find it so satisfying!!! I'm glad you're having a nice summer sweetie!!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Purple is my favourite colour too, love :D !!

Brittany @ Little b's healthy habits July 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I made a dressing with avocado last week and it was so good! Definitely can’t live without them either :)

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Give this one a try, babe! You will LOVE :)

Candice July 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I made the switch from Blackberry ti iPhone as well and it was the best decision I have ever made. Instagram is awesome. Have you tried out Phonto, Labelbox, Pic Stitch, and Aviary yet? Just some more awesome photo apps, especially for bloggers :)

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:21 AM

WOW! No! I am such a newbie! I barely have any apps! I need to check these out! Thanks Candice ;) That’s so sweet of you <3

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Mmm I’m loving raspberries lately too! I’m so glad my sister works at the farm where I worked last summer so that she can bring home fresh raspberries almost every day. :D

Also that dressing looks amaaazing! Totally pinning that recipe!

sloanepitman July 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I am SO pumped that you’re on instagram!! its addicting though..beware! I’m obsessed with raspberries too lately–twins! Love you marvelous girl!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I LOVE YOU TOO :D

jessielovestorun July 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Today is Marvelous because the grocery store here is finallyyyyy carrying an American brand of Yogurt. While it may not be Chobani, I’ll have to make do with Activia. I have the same color case for my phone & absolutely love it!!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Purple is the best :D

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life July 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Wow – that’s a lot of raspberries!! What are you going to make with them? Or will you just eat them plain? Your salad looks scrumptious! I love shrimp on salads. :)

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I have a lot of ideas for these raspberries ;) I never really eat them plain?? :p haha

Bee Goes Bananas July 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I had a marvelous weekend camping with friends! It was super fun and it was nice to finally relax a little bit. I’m in need of a new phone soon and I’m looking at the latest iPhone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S right now that I’m in love with, but I feel like I might be needing a change.

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:23 AM

this is just the iPhone 4, not the 4S and I love it :)

powerhousechels July 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Sooooooo excited you’re on the instagram train! Seriously addicting! I just added you!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I followed you last night ;) YAY

Liz @ Southern Charm July 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

LOVE your iphone case!! It reminded me I need to get a new one now that football season is about to start ;)

And avocados … oh yes … I’m loving those too!! YUM!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli July 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Girl I love you so much! So glad you joined the dark side…er, I mean Instagram! Be warned, it’s incredibly addictive!

I’m so jealous of your raspberry picking trip! I went strawberry picking for the first time at the beginning of the summer and it was so much fun!

That salad looks INSANE! Love love love shrimp…and avocado…and asparagus! Yeah, I kinda wanna put my face in it! ;)

My marvelousness today was having the energy to workout after getting off the night shift this morning…so now I have time to read blogs all afternoon! #winning And also, I just finished Laura’s tiramisu parfait and…omg, smack yo mama! I think I just died and went to Heaven! I saw in the comment section of her blog that you tried it too so I know you know what I mean! Yummmmmmm!

Weekend marvelousness: scoring some good foodie finds at Tuesday Morning (it’s kinda like a TJ Maxx only you REALLY have to search for good deals since a lot of stuff is discounted but still overpriced IMO) and getting in the kitchen to play! I’ll be posting my granola bar recipe later! Yay!

Favorite dressing: I love thinning out hummus and stirring some nooch in! Soooo good!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I read that you worked out after your shift, babe! SO impressive!!!!!!

And isn’t Laura amazing? Love ALL her recipes. Everything is incredible!

Mmmmm, Heather! I love using hummus as a dressing! Have you thinned it out with acv or red wine vin before? I love that

whatwouldjessicaeat July 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Oh my goodness, I want that doggie! What kind is it?!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Jozi is a Coton de Tulear :)

Katie Gagliano (@HealthyDiva31) July 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I want to put my face in that big bowl of raspberries!!!!

I love you and so glad you love MIMM and have been joining in every week! Marvelous you are inside and out!

I am SO happy you got an iphone and are on instagram! When I saw your friend request on there I was so excited!

Happy Monday love!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Awwww that makes me so happy to know how excited you were :D

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body July 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

That’s awesome you got an iphone, enjoy! I still have a blackberry haha, thankfully I haven’t had to deal with any 8 hour long freezing! It sounds like it would be super fun to go raspberry picking with your mom, what great bonding time (with a great edible outcome too) :)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

You joined instagram?!?! What’s your name?? We must be friends! Those raspberries look awesome! I just LOVE picking berries. I just ate the last of our raspberries we picked.
My weekend was marvelous b/c I got to get away with my hubby!!
Fav dressing: balsamic vinegar and olive oil!! or a strawberry vinaigrette for a fruit salad!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM

adashofmeg is my name ;) I have no idea you had it too, love!? Follow me and I’ll follow back ;)

Presley July 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

About to find you on Instagram!!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I am following you!!!!!!

sprint2thetable July 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

What’s making my day is reading this and linking back to the brownie parfait post I missed in all my travels this weekend. I cannot WAIT to make it! In fact, it might be my dessert tonight. You are so creative. Love you!!!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Did you make it, did you make it!?!?!?! :D

I love you sista ;)

sprint2thetable July 31, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Nooooo… I need more yogurt! It’s on my spreadsheet to make though. I. Can’t. Wait.

Michelle July 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Meg! I have missed you! I am finally back home and all DONE with school so hopefully life settles down a little and I can read my favorite blogs again :-) Three things:

1. You need to get a puppy :-)
2. I will follow you on instagram ASAP!!
3. I heart you!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:30 AM

SIS! I have missed you SO much! It was like a piece of me was missing!!!!!!!!! <3

I am following you on instagram now ;) love you sis

Emily July 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Sooo many exciting things in this post! I don’t even know where to begin…
First of all, I was ridiculously excited when you added me on instagram the other day! Yay for joining the iPhone world! Trading in my Blackberry for an iPhone a few months ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. I’ll never go back!
I know I keep saying it, but that puppy is beyond adorable. And you know I feel your pain when it comes to wanting a dog, babe! It’s horrible. But, when the time is right, we’ll get them! <3
Oh, and I envy you and your raspberries! I've been eating so much fruit lately, especially berries and stone fruits. They're amazing right now!
Happy Monday, pretty lady!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I will NEVER go back to a Blackberry either, love! Instagram is too much fun hehe ;)

Love you like a sister <3

Lisa July 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I was pretty darn excited when I saw you got on instagram. Weooo.
And yep, avocados are the best right now!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish July 31, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Oh sis, raspberries are my very favorite fruit! It warms my heart that you’re loving them so much right now! My grandma and grandpa used to have a huge raspberry bush in their yard, so whenever we’d go stay with them during the summer, I’d spend HOURS picking raspberries (and staining my face and clothes, of course!). I don’t think I’ll ever love a fruit more than I do raspberries because they’re tied to so many happy memories. As you already know, I love tossing them into salads, making crisps/crumbles etc., and my latest obsession–dressing! Sis, I know you’d LOVE that dressing! Let me know if you try it!

And speaking of dressing, the avocado yumminess looks amazing! I’m definitely going to give this one a try. Thanks for linking us! And super duper yay that you’re now on Instagram! I love love love seeing action shots of my sister’s day!

Love you!! Less than 20 days!! <3

Meg July 31, 2012 at 8:35 AM

HAHA! I know isn’t it awesome that we get to see more of each other now because of Instagram!?!? It makes me so happy to see my sis through pictures <3

Do you have FaceTime? Maybe we can do that, love? Or g chat? I know that email I sent you was so long, so I understand if you don’t want to reply BAHAHAHAHA!

Please try the recipe. You know what I was thinking the entire time??? “SARA WILL LOVE THIS”

Oh sis, I don’t know why, but I am so not a raspberry dressing person :’( I hope that didn’t break your heart :( But you know what recipe of yours I am trying?? The paleo pancakes ;) <3 I know how much you love them :)

jessielovestorun July 31, 2012 at 8:42 AM

So I totally jinxed myself. After I wrote you last night, the hubs accidently dropped my phone. The case still stays on, but falls off pretty easily too :(

abznoats July 31, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I can’t wait for an iPhone to grace its presence in my life! Wooo October is almost here. lol. You can have any raspberries in the world that I would buy. I am not a fan! I just hate the seeds! :P

Linz August 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM

YAY for an iPhone!! I loooooooooove mine and I am so not a technology person usually!!!