hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

07/30: MIMM

Good morning! :)

I can't help but wonder how many of you are eating a chocolate brownie and raspberry parfait right now? πŸ˜‰

Unfortunately, Jozi had to leave me yesterday which literally left me in tears (I want a puppy so badly, but that's a whole other story…)

Luckily we have Marvelous Monday to cheer me up! πŸ˜‰

A big thanks to Katie for creating such a wonderful series to take part in every week! I know it definitely puts a smile on my face thinking about all of the marvelous things life has to offer! And trust me, there is a lot of marvelous in my life, so let's get started :)

My new iPhone

The Blackberry is gone, friends! I no longer have to deal with that thing and I am so happy – one day it was frozen for 8 hours! I am loving my iPhone, the purple case I bought for it, and all of the apps that I have downloaded so far πŸ˜‰ …

like Instagram πŸ˜‰

I have to admit, I was jealous of all of you with Instagram during those horrid Blackberry days…
I didn't know what Instagram was all about or why there was such hype over the app, but now I get it. It's amazing and that's all that needs to be said. If you're not following me yet, you should because I share a lot of pictures, good pictures. Food pictures in particular and I am sure you'll love them πŸ˜‰

My username is adashofmeg if you're interested πŸ˜‰

Blogging

I love blogging so much and it is truly marvelous! Throughout the past week I've come across two posts in particular that have really stuck with me, so I suggest you go read them if you haven't yet!

On Creating Idols by Lindsay

Make Today Beautiful, Get Your Good Going by Lauren

Puppies

I couldn't help myself – I had to include Jozi again! My weekend was exceptionally marvelous just because of her <3

Raspberries

I can't get enough of them! If you were to ask me my favourite fruit, I would have a hard time choosing between raspberries and blueberries, but raspberries definitely have my heart at the current moment.

I've been enjoying my parfaits topped with raspberries

But I have also been enjoying picking raspberries, as well! Yesterday, my Mom and I went to our friends' house and picked raspberries! It was so much fun!

We picked a ton of raspberries!

Don't be surprised if I turn into a raspberry, OK? πŸ˜‰

Avocados

Hands down, avocados are one of my favourite foods. I don't think I could live without it. I remember the days that I did live with out avocados… such sad, sad days. Never again.

Last night I made this dressing and it was the best dressing I have ever had in my life. It's creamy, it's tangy, it's heavenly

Like I said, a lot of marvelous in my life! :)

What's marvelous in your life today?

What made your weekend marvelous?

What is your favourite salad dressing?

Love love love,

xoxo

P.s. if you did something that you want to give yourself a high five for please send me your submission to adashofmeg@gmail.com for this weeks' HFF post :)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

59 Comments

Okay, so true story: I literally LEAPT for joy when you added me on Instagram. I was like, “Meeeeeeeg!” Haha! YOU. ARE. MARVELOUS. The end. :-)

HAHA! “Meeeeeeeg!”

I love it πŸ˜‰

katalysthealth

July 30, 2012

Jozi is too precious!! Im glad you got to spend some time with her :)
    And avocados AND raspberries?! Thats my kind of weekend!

Alex @ therunwithin

July 30, 2012

I love starting my mondays off with this. It really gets me going. I have loved blogging so much these past few weeks for the same reason, the amazing posts and communities including yours. Dude, I want some rasberries, those look so juicy. The dinner as well is spot on, love me some shrimp.

betterwithsprinklesblog

July 30, 2012

Today is marvellous because: my first guest post ever is up! (http://amazingasset.com/2012/07/30/guest-post-sams-story/) I’m so freakin’ giddy about it, it’s actually ridiculous.

This weekend was marvellous because I didn’t actually do too much. The rest of my summer is going to be pretty busy and I’m moving/back in school in September, so it was nice to have a really chill weekend. I played around in the kitchen a lot, which always makes for a fun weekend if you ask me :-)

July 31, 2012

Congrats on your first guest post sweetheart! I AM SO proud of you! I remember how excited I was <3 xoxo!!!!!!!!!!

twosaucysisters

July 30, 2012

What is marvelous in our lives? The Olympics! We can’r get enough of them! We just LOVE cheering our Canadian athletes on :)
    Also, that dressing looks delicious- we’ll have to try it!!

Yellow Haired Girl

July 30, 2012

Today is marvelous because I have a TON to do and it will make the day flyyyyyy by! Enjoy your day love :)

julie

July 30, 2012

oh! i can’t WAIT to make that dressing! thanks girl! xo

July 31, 2012

Julie, you are going to LOVE this πŸ˜‰

Meghan Rene

July 30, 2012

Aw – the doggie pictures really put a smile on my face :)

Yay <3

Love you, Meghan

sugaraddictanonymous

July 30, 2012

Mmmmm! Those raspberries look fabulous! You also look very comfortable with a dog in your arms. I think you need a fluffy friend soon. You can come doggy sit for my Penny anytime! (PS. I am starting a Marvelous Me page today–thanks for the inspiration!)
    ~Cat

July 31, 2012

Awwww I love this comment, Cat!!!! <3 I would totally come watch Penny for you! I want my own little puppy so badly! I even have a list of names going and guess what!?!? Penny is on that list! HA! So weird!

Anyways, congrats on starting a Marvelous Me page – you are no idea how happy this makes me!!!!!!

Happy Marvelous Monday!!! Thank you for including Jozi again because I think I am obsessed too! I so badly would like a puppy too! She is just the cutest! I have a blackberry too and I am dying for my upgrade to come so I can switch to the Iphone! I am super jealous of everyone with instagram! Can’t wait!

July 31, 2012

You better let me know when you get your hands on an iPhone missy πŸ˜‰

chimes

July 30, 2012

Um yes. An iPhone would make any Monday marvelous!

First of all, i love your pretty purple iphone case! purple is my fav color, so of course I’m in love <3. Second, I love picking raspberries! I actually like picking them more than I like eating them! I'm not sure why, but I find it so satisfying!!! I'm glad you're having a nice summer sweetie!!

July 31, 2012

Purple is my favourite colour too, love πŸ˜€ !!

I made a dressing with avocado last week and it was so good! Definitely can’t live without them either :)

July 31, 2012

Give this one a try, babe! You will LOVE :)

Candice

July 30, 2012

I made the switch from Blackberry ti iPhone as well and it was the best decision I have ever made. Instagram is awesome. Have you tried out Phonto, Labelbox, Pic Stitch, and Aviary yet? Just some more awesome photo apps, especially for bloggers :)

July 31, 2012

WOW! No! I am such a newbie! I barely have any apps! I need to check these out! Thanks Candice πŸ˜‰ That’s so sweet of you <3

Mmm I’m loving raspberries lately too! I’m so glad my sister works at the farm where I worked last summer so that she can bring home fresh raspberries almost every day. πŸ˜€

Also that dressing looks amaaazing! Totally pinning that recipe!

sloanepitman

July 30, 2012

I am SO pumped that you’re on instagram!! its addicting though..beware! I’m obsessed with raspberries too lately–twins! Love you marvelous girl!

I LOVE YOU TOO πŸ˜€

jessielovestorun

July 30, 2012

Today is Marvelous because the grocery store here is finallyyyyy carrying an American brand of Yogurt. While it may not be Chobani, I’ll have to make do with Activia. I have the same color case for my phone & absolutely love it!!

Purple is the best πŸ˜€

Wow – that’s a lot of raspberries!! What are you going to make with them? Or will you just eat them plain? Your salad looks scrumptious! I love shrimp on salads. :)

July 31, 2012

I have a lot of ideas for these raspberries πŸ˜‰ I never really eat them plain?? :p haha

Bee Goes Bananas

July 30, 2012

I had a marvelous weekend camping with friends! It was super fun and it was nice to finally relax a little bit. I’m in need of a new phone soon and I’m looking at the latest iPhone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S right now that I’m in love with, but I feel like I might be needing a change.

July 31, 2012

this is just the iPhone 4, not the 4S and I love it :)

powerhousechels

July 30, 2012

Sooooooo excited you’re on the instagram train! Seriously addicting! I just added you!

July 31, 2012

I followed you last night πŸ˜‰ YAY

Liz @ Southern Charm

July 30, 2012

LOVE your iphone case!! It reminded me I need to get a new one now that football season is about to start πŸ˜‰

And avocados … oh yes … I’m loving those too!! YUM!

Girl I love you so much! So glad you joined the dark side…er, I mean Instagram! Be warned, it’s incredibly addictive!

I’m so jealous of your raspberry picking trip! I went strawberry picking for the first time at the beginning of the summer and it was so much fun!

That salad looks INSANE! Love love love shrimp…and avocado…and asparagus! Yeah, I kinda wanna put my face in it! πŸ˜‰

My marvelousness today was having the energy to workout after getting off the night shift this morning…so now I have time to read blogs all afternoon! #winning And also, I just finished Laura’s tiramisu parfait and…omg, smack yo mama! I think I just died and went to Heaven! I saw in the comment section of her blog that you tried it too so I know you know what I mean! Yummmmmmm!

Weekend marvelousness: scoring some good foodie finds at Tuesday Morning (it’s kinda like a TJ Maxx only you REALLY have to search for good deals since a lot of stuff is discounted but still overpriced IMO) and getting in the kitchen to play! I’ll be posting my granola bar recipe later! Yay!

Favorite dressing: I love thinning out hummus and stirring some nooch in! Soooo good!

July 31, 2012

I read that you worked out after your shift, babe! SO impressive!!!!!!

And isn’t Laura amazing? Love ALL her recipes. Everything is incredible!

Mmmmm, Heather! I love using hummus as a dressing! Have you thinned it out with acv or red wine vin before? I love that

whatwouldjessicaeat

July 30, 2012

Oh my goodness, I want that doggie! What kind is it?!

July 31, 2012

Jozi is a Coton de Tulear :)

I want to put my face in that big bowl of raspberries!!!!

I love you and so glad you love MIMM and have been joining in every week! Marvelous you are inside and out!

I am SO happy you got an iphone and are on instagram! When I saw your friend request on there I was so excited!

Happy Monday love!

July 31, 2012

Awwww that makes me so happy to know how excited you were πŸ˜€

That’s awesome you got an iphone, enjoy! I still have a blackberry haha, thankfully I haven’t had to deal with any 8 hour long freezing! It sounds like it would be super fun to go raspberry picking with your mom, what great bonding time (with a great edible outcome too) :)

You joined instagram?!?! What’s your name?? We must be friends! Those raspberries look awesome! I just LOVE picking berries. I just ate the last of our raspberries we picked.
    My weekend was marvelous b/c I got to get away with my hubby!!
    Fav dressing: balsamic vinegar and olive oil!! or a strawberry vinaigrette for a fruit salad!

July 31, 2012

adashofmeg is my name πŸ˜‰ I have no idea you had it too, love!? Follow me and I’ll follow back πŸ˜‰

Presley

July 30, 2012

About to find you on Instagram!!

I am following you!!!!!!

sprint2thetable

July 30, 2012

What’s making my day is reading this and linking back to the brownie parfait post I missed in all my travels this weekend. I cannot WAIT to make it! In fact, it might be my dessert tonight. You are so creative. Love you!!!

July 31, 2012

Did you make it, did you make it!?!?!?! πŸ˜€

I love you sista πŸ˜‰

sprint2thetable

July 31, 2012

Nooooo… I need more yogurt! It’s on my spreadsheet to make though. I. Can’t. Wait.

Michelle

July 30, 2012

Meg! I have missed you! I am finally back home and all DONE with school so hopefully life settles down a little and I can read my favorite blogs again :-) Three things:

1. You need to get a puppy :-)
    2. I will follow you on instagram ASAP!!
    3. I heart you!

July 31, 2012

SIS! I have missed you SO much! It was like a piece of me was missing!!!!!!!!! <3

I am following you on instagram now πŸ˜‰ love you sis

Emily

July 30, 2012

Sooo many exciting things in this post! I don’t even know where to begin…
    First of all, I was ridiculously excited when you added me on instagram the other day! Yay for joining the iPhone world! Trading in my Blackberry for an iPhone a few months ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. I’ll never go back!
    I know I keep saying it, but that puppy is beyond adorable. And you know I feel your pain when it comes to wanting a dog, babe! It’s horrible. But, when the time is right, we’ll get them! <3
    Oh, and I envy you and your raspberries! I've been eating so much fruit lately, especially berries and stone fruits. They're amazing right now!
    Happy Monday, pretty lady!

July 31, 2012

I will NEVER go back to a Blackberry either, love! Instagram is too much fun hehe πŸ˜‰

Love you like a sister <3

Lisa

July 31, 2012

I was pretty darn excited when I saw you got on instagram. Weooo.
    And yep, avocados are the best right now!

Oh sis, raspberries are my very favorite fruit! It warms my heart that you’re loving them so much right now! My grandma and grandpa used to have a huge raspberry bush in their yard, so whenever we’d go stay with them during the summer, I’d spend HOURS picking raspberries (and staining my face and clothes, of course!). I don’t think I’ll ever love a fruit more than I do raspberries because they’re tied to so many happy memories. As you already know, I love tossing them into salads, making crisps/crumbles etc., and my latest obsession–dressing! Sis, I know you’d LOVE that dressing! Let me know if you try it!

And speaking of dressing, the avocado yumminess looks amazing! I’m definitely going to give this one a try. Thanks for linking us! And super duper yay that you’re now on Instagram! I love love love seeing action shots of my sister’s day!

Love you!! Less than 20 days!! <3

July 31, 2012

HAHA! I know isn’t it awesome that we get to see more of each other now because of Instagram!?!? It makes me so happy to see my sis through pictures <3

Do you have FaceTime? Maybe we can do that, love? Or g chat? I know that email I sent you was so long, so I understand if you don’t want to reply BAHAHAHAHA!

Please try the recipe. You know what I was thinking the entire time??? “SARA WILL LOVE THIS”

Oh sis, I don’t know why, but I am so not a raspberry dressing person :'( I hope that didn’t break your heart :( But you know what recipe of yours I am trying?? The paleo pancakes πŸ˜‰ <3 I know how much you love them :)

jessielovestorun

July 31, 2012

So I totally jinxed myself. After I wrote you last night, the hubs accidently dropped my phone. The case still stays on, but falls off pretty easily too :(

abznoats

July 31, 2012

I can’t wait for an iPhone to grace its presence in my life! Wooo October is almost here. lol. You can have any raspberries in the world that I would buy. I am not a fan! I just hate the seeds! πŸ˜›

Linz

August 1, 2012

YAY for an iPhone!! I loooooooooove mine and I am so not a technology person usually!!!