Here and There

by Meg on July 31, 2012

I'm going to send you on a wild goose chase today!

Are you ready? ;)

First I am going to adress a "readers request" for a low-carb, low-cal, grab-and-go breakfast idea!

Personally, all of my breakfasts include carbs, but I wanted to help my friend out and this is what I came up with :)

(P.s. this is where the wild goose chase begins!)

A great low-carb, low-cal, grab-n-go recipe that I have found and recently made is from Kelly at Foodie Fiasco. All of Kelly's recipes are incredible! If you haven't tried any of her recipes yet, you are definitely missing out!

Yesterday, I made her "'All For One' Grain Free Chocolate Cake" and it was phenomenal. The cake came out moist and decadent, but the best part is that there are minimal ingredients and it only takes 5 minutes to make! You don't even need to turn on your oven! I love microwave recipes ;)

I served my chocolate cake along side coffee protein ice cream.

Like I said, the cake turned out perfectly. Imagine the best chocolate cake you've ever had. Well, this is what I'd imagine…

I really enjoyed it paired with my coffee protein ice cream, too! Chocolate and coffee is a wonderful combination in my books ;)

I'm sure you'd agree ;)

But if for some wild reason you are opposed to a chocolate flavoured cake, I am sure you can substitute the 1/4 cup of cocoa powder for a vanilla or other flavoured protein powder.

The recipe for my coffee protein ice cream is quite simple if you want to try it out for yourself!

Coffee Protein Ice Cream

3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 heaping teaspoon instant coffee
sweetener (I used a few drops of vanilla stevia)

Mix, freeze, and serve.

Now for your second adventure! ;)

I want you to go visit my friend Lauren at Say What You Need to Say as I am guest posting for her today! :)

I am sharing a recipe that my parents call "restaurant worthy", so you better not miss it ;)

If you want to marry love kale like I know many of you do, let me say you're welcome now because you're going to love this ;)

Have fun visiting blogs and eating these delicious recipes! :)

xoxo

Who loves kale!?

Favourite flavour to pair with chocolate? I would have to say either raspberries! Those two are a match made in food heaven ;)

What is a favourite low-carb breakfast or snack of yours? Let's all try to help Erin! :)

Alex @ therunwithin July 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I am not even a fan of chocolate and that thing looks BOMB. sooooo good.

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Haha! I know right!? I never have chocolate bars, etc. just because I don’t like them! But, this was GOOD

Emily July 31, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Aww, thank you for mentioning me as a kale fanatic! I’m definitely obsessed with the leafy-green goodness. It’s amazing!
That salad looks sooo amazing. I love Lauren’s blog and have tried quite a few of her salad recipes. They never disappoint! I can’t wait to try this one. (:
Have a beautiful Tuesday, love!!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I really need to try some of her recipes :)

betterwithsprinklesblog July 31, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Any excuse to eat chocolate cake makes me super excited :-) Biggest fan of the chocolate and peanut butter combination!

I’ve got a chocolate peanut butter protein muffin recipe that’s low carb! http://betterwithsprinklesblog.com/2012/07/26/back-for-vengeance-a-high-protein-breakfast-recipe/

Meghan Rene July 31, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Ok your restaurant worthy meal likes divine. I always love me some coffee and chocolate together. It is always the way to go. I like to chop up strawberries and put them as a topping with coffee ice cream – fabulous together!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Strawberries and coffee?? :) I haven’t tried that before love!? I have a lot of raspberries … ;) Perhaps that would taste just as good!?

pluvk July 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Okay, now I seriously want chocolate cake for breakfast. NOT GOOD!! Hahaha, that’s looks so yummy!

I’m a big kale fan, too! It’s so good for you and so delicious. I love to add it to my egg scrambles. I’m definitely going to check out your guest post!

And I wanted to let you know, I tried your “perfect egg” method and you were right – so easy and so good!! I loved the texture of the eggs. Thanks, Meg! Have a beautiful day!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I am so happy you tried my fried eggs!!!!!!!! :D That’s amazing! Thanks for telling me love <3

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes July 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Ok your ice cream looks really good! Do you blend up the frozen greek yogurt? I love chocolate and I’ll pair it with just about anything. I like it with ginger.

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I don’t blend :) Just freeze for an hour(ish) and then devour ;)

Erin Victoria July 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Thanks a million for mentioning me AND satisfying my breakfast request, Meg! I can’t wait to try all the delicious ideas on Kelly’s blog too! And that protein coffee ice cream looks to-die-for. My roommates and I may be making it tonight. :)

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

This excites me! :D Send me pictures <3

Love you, friend :)

Christina @ the athletarian July 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Um I need that cake and ice cream in my life THIS INSTANT!! That looks so delicious!

PB and chocolate is the best combo IMO!

Lisa July 31, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Looks delishhhh!
Personally, I can’t do a breakfast with low carbs. I just end up super duper hungry after just an hour.
Love kale, such a staple over here! Especially in chip form!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Ahhhhh I cannot imagine breakfast with no/little carbs! It just doesn’t work for me!

Danielle (@CleanFoodCF) July 31, 2012 at 4:43 PM

This post made me hungry!!! Everything looks amazing! I just discovered foodie fiasco myself and am obsessed with her recipes!!! I am in love with all the kale on your blog too!!!

broccolihut July 31, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I will definitely have to try that cake–it looks so moist and delish!
I am a huge fan of kale! I buy it every week at the store. In fact, today I even posted a recipe that includes it :)

Annette Perkins (@FitnessPerks) July 31, 2012 at 5:44 PM

OH WOW. That cake looks AMAZING! I <3 chocolate.

I am all over this.

Low carb breakfasts–make ahead egg scramble or omellete! Smoothies (make it the night before and then blend the next day).

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! July 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

You got another kale lover here too! I make kale soup every week and have it everyday with lunch! :) So good! How long do you typically freeze the greek yogurt for?

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I usually freeze it for about an hour, hun :)

amyfgray July 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

that cake and ice cream look insanely good!! oh and we’re growing kale right now…so i have a TON…i am definitely trying your recipe!

Meg July 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I want your kale! Haha! I miss my plant

Sable Weisman (@SquatLikeALady) July 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I will HAVE to try this recipe after contest prep!!! Wow!! it looks like the texture is just perfect!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM

That looks so good!! I love kale. I’m trying to grow it… if it would rain! :)

Danielle @ WorkItWearItEatIt July 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM

WHOAAA, need that chocolate cake STAT!

abznoats July 31, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Chocolate and coffee are definitely such an amazing combo! :)

Linz August 1, 2012 at 12:03 AM

raspberries and chocolate is the best!! that cake and ice cream looks SO GOOD!!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish August 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Oh sis, that cake looks absolutely decadent! Thanks so much for sharing the link! I want—no, need!—to try this one. And same with your coffee protein ice cream! How do you make yours?

I already know I’m going to LOVE the kale recipe! Let me take a guess: goat cheese, walnuts, and beets?! Oh. My. Goodness. I don’t think I’ll make this one; I think I’ll fly to Yorkton and make it WITH you!

Love you, sis!! xoxo

Meg August 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM

How do I make my ice cream? The recipe is in the post, sis ;) Greek yogurt, instant coffee, stevia mixed together and frozen for about an hour?

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl August 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I want that coffee protein ice cream! Sounds so good :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Thanks for sharing both these recipes! That cake looks so amazing! My favourite pairing with chocolate is either caramel or mint. :D

And mmm I love kale. Salads with beets + goat cheese are the best!

Meg August 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Oooo next time I make this cake maybe I will make mint ice cream and think of you ;)