WIAW: Your Food

by Meg on August 29, 2012

Well it's that time of the week again!

I wasn't going to do a WIAW post today because I didn't have a new recipe to share and I enjoy sharing recipes with you on WIAW's, but then I thought…

It's the last WIAW of August! How could I not participate!? And I do love to show my support to other bloggers and their online activities! Thanks for hosting Jen

Since it's the last Wednesday in August (where on Earth did this month run off to!?), I thought it would be fun to show you how well I did with the goal that I set for myself at the beginning of the month to try more of your recipes!

Throughout the month I kept an ongoing list using one of my favourite apps, Evernote, of all of the links to the recipes of yours that I tested out! All of them were amazing and deemed "must make again's" by yours truly ;)

Peanut Butter & Jeggs by Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table

A wonderful recipe from my food twin that I made more than once! :) I served my PB & Jeggs along side a bowl of oats with almond milk for more carbs ;)

Carrot Cake Protein Batter by Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table

I've made this little protein packed snack more than once, too! When I make my bowl of batter I like to drizzle it with coconut oil and let it harden :) mmm mmm MMM!!!!

Baked Apple with Peanut Walnut Crumble by Heather @ For the Love of Kale

I have no idea what was wrong with my this day – I clearly wasn't thinking about the blog, just my tummy and how much I wanted to eat this delicious meal; therefore, I do not have a picture, but let me assure you it was no where near as lovely as Heather's masterpiece!

Although mine was not as picture perfect, this recipe was amazing! If you haven't tried it yet I think you should! It's the perfect recipe for the upcoming season! :)

Broccoli Fried Rice by Gina @ Running to the Kitchen

This is a great recipe and would definitely make it again! I also used shrimp, just as Gina did when she made it, but I topped my "rice" with slivered almonds :)

Broccoli Fritters by Juli @ PaleOMG

I had left over broccoli "rice" from the stir fry shown above, so I tried Juli's recipe for fritters! They were amazing! They produced such an amazing smell while I pan fried them, too! I topped mine with a bit of dijon mustard after I took the pic ;)

Smokey Curry Avocado Dressing by Christina @ The Raw Project

If you've never tried one of Christina's dressing before do it now because you are missing out! I've made a few of her dressings in the past and they are always amazing! I love her and her recipes!

Chili Lime Tuna Cakes by Ashley @ Farr Cleaner Life

Loved these! I had them two days in a row on top of my edamame, kale, and avocado salad :)

Whiskey Marinated Tofu Steaks by Heather @ Better with Veggies

My parent's and I recently had relatives staying at our house and my cousin is vegetarian, so I thought I would make him a special dinner! These were a hit! Everyone loved them! The marinade uses an interesting combination of spices, but they turned out fantastic!

Tahini Dill Dressing by Gabby @ The Veggie Nook

The last tahini dressing I tried was not so good, so I haven't been using tahini all that much. But, when I saw Gabby post her pasta salad using this dressing I couldn't resist! I gave tahini another chance and fell in love <3

Thank you for being wonderful and posting such delicious recipes! I'm constantly trying new recipes, so maybe at the end of September I will share what I've tried over the month! :)

Do you have any "must try" recipes for me to test out? Link me up! ;)

** Don't forget to email me with your high five for this week's High Five Friday post! Email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com and tell me why you are giving yourself a high five this week! I know you have at least one thing worth celebrating, so don't be shy – share it! It feels good ;) **

Have a great day, loves! Keep smiling :)

xoxo

sprint2thetable August 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Meggggg!!! Thank you SO much for the shout outs. I am so happy you like the “jeggs” and the carrot batter. I had a carrot batter shake tonight! Same wave length, right twin?

thanks for sharing all of these other recipes. I’m pinning away. I did Heather’s whiskey recipe before too, only with tempeh. It’s such an awesome flavor combo!

Love you, babe! Happy WIAW! xoxo

Alexandra August 29, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Oh man all this looks delicious!! I like those broccoli fritters and pbnj eggs the most, totally bookmarking! :)
Have a wonderful day meg!

FitnJess August 29, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I also cannot believe it is almost september! Where did the summer go! Looks like you have been eating very well, those pb and jeggs sound so interesting! Have a great wednesday!:)

Megan @ Weddings and Workouts August 29, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Yum yum yum!!!

Gabby @ the veggie nook August 29, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Yay, I’m so glad you liked the dressing! I’ll make a tahini lover out of you yet ;)

Danielle (@Clean Food Creative Fitness) August 29, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Love all these recipes Meg thanks for the ideas! I always bookmark a ton of recipes I want to try out and need to get better about actually making them! Heather’s baked apples and Laura’s PB and jeggs are both on my list of must trys!

Linz August 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM

You were busy this month!! I need to start trying more recipes!! I’m always so happy when I do!! (COme here and cook for me, lover!!)

Cheryl Madliger August 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Oh YUM! I am definitely bookmarking some of those — peanut butter and jeggs? Don’t mind if I do… ;) Looks tasty, as always, Meg!

abznoats August 29, 2012 at 8:07 AM

You are so adventurous lady! :) I need to get on this trying more new recipes thing. lol. Feeling kind of unmotivated after trying 7 new ones last week!

Alex @ therunwithin August 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I really love your involvement with other bloggers, I have a goal for next month to start taking some of their mini workouts and recipes to try. I am sick of just saving them and never doing them. They all look delicious.

Christina @ the athletarian August 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM

These all look amazing! I want to try those broccoli fritters! I would have suggested the smokey avocado curry dressing…but you made that already!! Have a great day!!

Ashkey August 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Oh my gosh! I can’t believe you mentioned my tuna cakes!! Thank you!!!! I have been following your blog and instagram forever! Love it! You made my day! I’ve been meaning to link up your blog to mine and I’ll do it today! Xoxox

Candice August 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Chili Lime Tuna Cakes look deeeeeeelish!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I want to live in your WIAW! Delicious eats all around!

katalysthealth August 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM

YUUUUM. Everything looks amazing for sure!! You should try my edamame guacamole :) http://katalysthealthblog.com/edamame-guacamole/

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots August 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM

ugh that shrimp salad… I wish it was my lunch today!!

Michelle August 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Hey sis!!! Sorry I have been so absent from the blog world lately :-( Things are crazy trying to get school and work figured out!

Those tuna cakes sounds great – I never do anything with tuna besides tuna salad so I’ll have to try it!

Caitlin August 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM

The Broc Fritters look so great, I will have to check them out! I was so in awe of Heather’s recipe and photo for that Apple Crumble. Beautiful! And of course the Tuna Cakes stand out to me as seafood LOVE. Thanks for the roundup!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear August 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I want to try all of these recipes. I don’t even know where to start!!

Also, must try snack recipe= whipped banana cottage cheese, recipe here:

One of the stranger snacks I’ve made but SO DELICIOUS.

Heather @ For the Love of Kale August 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

BABE! Thank you so much for featuring my recipe. You’re always so thoughtful and amazing. I just love you to pieces!

christinaorso August 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM

So many good recipes! I love the broccoli fritters! I made really good chickpeas and zucchini fritters a couple times! so good!!

Ellie August 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Oh wowwww that avocado dressing sounds heavenly~And I really love the looks of the baked apple! I love caramelized fruit, especially if it’s apple, peaches, and bananas. :D Mmm

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 29, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I have been so busy that I haven’t gotten to try other people’s recipes!! :( I want to do that this fall. We need to arrange a time to chat girl… soon! I’ll e-mail you tonight!

Heather @ Better With Veggies August 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I LOVE IT when people try my recipes and even more when they really enjoy them!It’s so much fun cooking some of the fabulous things other bloggers post. :)

betterwithsprinklesblog August 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM

One of the best things about the blogworld – finding awesome recipes you’d never find anywhere else. :-)

Looks like a lot of fantastic eating!

forgottenbeast August 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I love all the great ideas that come from blogs (like tea-marinated tempeh, for instance ;D ), I don’t know how I’d ever come up with a week’s worth of meal ideas without them! Already bookmarking away for what I want to make this weekend/next week.

char eats greens August 29, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I tried to make a tahini dressing this one time for a quinoa dish, and it didn’t quite turn out as creamy as I had hoped it would, but that dill one sounds heavenly. I think I might have to give it a try now!

Ashley Whelan (@freckleandspice) August 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Basically have starred all these recipes you’ve made. Gina and Laura are constantly producing too many good things for me to keep up.

consciouscravings August 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM

You are awesome. Now I have bookmarked all of these recipes. You seriously have some of the greatest taste in food. EVER. I’m going to Whole foods this weekend, so I’m going to stock up on tons of ingredients for all of this.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 29, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Oh wow I want to make all of these! Especially that tahini sauce. I’m obsessed with tahini but I’ve never paired it with dill before!

notsodomesticated August 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

That baked apple looks sooo yummy!!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish August 30, 2012 at 1:32 AM

You are a recipe maven! The fact that each of these snacks and meals has your stamp of approval most definitely means they’re just as delicious as they look. I particularly have my eye on that Carrot Cake Protein Batter. :-D For the month of September, I’d like to follow your lead and begin tackling my 50+ recipe “to make” list. It’s a bit daunting, but I have to start somewhere, right?

Love you!! Enjoy your last few days at home with Mom and Dad! I’m sure they’re sad you’re leaving, but excited for you to go accomplish great things in London. :) I’m looking forward to hearing about all your adventures this semester! Oh, and about that gchat date…How about Monday night!? xoxoxo <3

julie September 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM

i’m in LOVE with pb&jeggs – i usually make mine in coconut oil with sweet potato and sometimes even kale or spinach sauteed in the oil first – then freezer for a few so the coconut oil hardens #amazingness.