Food Twins

by Meg on August 30, 2012

I think I made it pretty clear over the past couple of months how much I enjoy Laura's recipes…

Carrot Cake Protein Batter

Yesterday I shared two recipes that I tried of hers over the course of August and in July I also tried other two of her recipes!

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

It feels like I'm always taking from my lovely Laura. Taking or receiving…

This amazing friend of mine sent me a beautiful surprise in the mail that made me feel like the most special girl in the world! <3

My present was filled with some of Laura's favourite goodies! Many were "tea themed" which was perfect for me, the tea addict ;) I love everything that she sent me and am so grateful to have a friend like her! <3

Now you can see why I feel like all I do is take from her! I need to start giving, so I developed a recipe that I am sure my food twin will love  :)

If you read Laura's blog, you'll know she is always creating unique egg scrambles… One of her most recent? Eggs scrambled with peanut flour, carrot, and sriracha sauce! She's so clever…

But, I can be clever too ;)

I created an egg scrambled pumped up with everyone's favourite fall flavour, pumpkin, and topped it with another foodie favourite, peanut flour sauce

And a little bit of oats for good measure ;)

Pumped Up for Fall Egg Scramble

For the scramble:
1/2 cup liquid egg whites (4 egg whites)
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
liquid stevia to taste
cinnamon

For the toppings:
2 TBSP rolled oats
2 TBSP peanut flour
1 – 2 TBSP water

Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Add eggs, pumpkin, stevia, and cinnamon. Scramble until eggs are cooked.
Meanwhile, combine peanut flour with water and make a sauce. You can add more/less water depending on what consistency you want to acheive.
When the eggs are fully cooked, remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
Top with oats and peanut flour sauce.

Enjoy! :)

Have you met your foodie twin?

Have you ever tried one of Laura's unique egg scrambles?

What is the weirdest food combo that you love?

Have a great day loves!

xoxo

** Tomorrow's High Five Friday and I know there are so many high fives to be given out! Please email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com with your high five so I can feature you in tomorrow's post! :) **

Claire @ Live & Love to Eat August 30, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Laura is one of my very favorite bloggers – lucky you! ;) I haven’t tried pumpkin in eggs yet, though!

sprint2thetable August 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM

MEGGGGG!!! You are totally making ME tear up! This is just the sweetest post ever. I love you like a sister, my Twin.

You are such a genius with your pumpkin eggs. Thank you for taking an idea and making it even BETTER! I am forever amazed and inspired by your creativity in the kitchen and dedication to living healthy.

LOTS of love to you! I wish I could give you a huge hug right now. xoxox

sprint2thetable August 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM

P.S. As if we need more twin proof, I am eating PB & Neggs (nectarines + eggs) as I read this.

Alex @ therunwithin August 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM

MAKING THIS so freaking in love with pumpkin. Now to go find a can of pumpkin….

Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) August 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM

How cute! :) haha I don’t know that I eat odd combos. I mean, some foods are kind of odd, but their pairings are pretty on-par. The only real unique one that comes to mind are eggs with feta. I just love those two together!

Gabby @ the veggie nook August 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I have totally met my foodie twin! All the way in Austria but I feel so lucky to have found her :) All thanks to blogging!

I love this sweet take on eggs. You can bet if I ate eggs I would make this!

forgottenbeast August 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

This looks delicious! I don’t eat eggs, so I have yet to try weird egg combos, but I absolutely LOVE Laura’s recipes, so yay for extra love for her! :)

Heather @ For the Love of Kale August 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

So creative, babe! PUMPPPPKINNN FOREVER. xoxo love you so much

abznoats August 30, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I haven’t ever tried any of Laura’s recipes for the egg combos. They sound interesting! Sweet eggs are so good though–topped with almond butter and strawberry jam are so tasty!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots August 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

this is not something I would think to make or order somewhere but you have made it look so appealing I think I will have to try it!

vanessama2 August 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Just found your blog and love love the recipes ! look so good, can’t wait to read more :)

Meg September 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Yay! That makes me so happy :)

Danielle (@Clean Food Creative Fitness) August 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM

That looks so yummy! It doesn’t even look like eggs! I am so excited pumpkin season is coming : )

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM

You guys are twins!! I love you and her. You two want to just move in with me and cook for me?? :) You guys could also be my trainers. LOL

betterwithsprinklesblog August 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I’ve been wondering what to do with the pumpkin I have in the fridge that I have to use up before Saturday…perfect timing with this recipe my dear!

sima zaza August 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM

This looks YUMTASTIC!! Meg, you have now gotten me very excited for fall! This is perfect because it is not piping hot like oats, so I can chow down without getting a heat stroke after my morning runs lol! I cannot wait till it cools down a bit so I can bust out some of my fall foodie favorites!

peaceloveandoats August 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I’ve never heard of an egg scramble like this, I might have to give it a try!

Annette Perkins (@FitnessPerks) August 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Ahhhh that egg/protein scramble sounds/looks amazing! YUMM! I need to get some almond flour almond PB2 thing–do they even have that? (I can’t eat PB)

Meg September 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Laura (sprint2thetable) actually made almond butter from almond flour! :D you should try that!

Emily August 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Aww! You two are such twins- I love it! You’re both amazing. (:
I haven’t busted out the pumpkin yet this season but I’m sooo excited to! I’m just trying to make the most of the last few weeks of summer first. haha.

FitnJess August 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I love anything pumpkin so this recipe looks like a hit!! I have yet to meet my foodie twin, hopefully in the near future I will though!:)

twosaucysisters August 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM

My foodie twin already lives with me… haha