hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

High Five Friday #29

Good morning lovies! I am one happy girl today, friends! :)

Not only is today High Five Friday, but it also the day that I hit the road with my parents to make my way back to the place I call home, London, ON. :)

It's a long 28 hour drive from Yorkton to London, but it's going to be a great 28 hours! My parents and I love traveling together, so we'll make the long days of travel fun-filled just like we always do! Once we're in Ontario again, we plan on going to Toronto to visit a few family and friends of ours, visiting Niagra Falls, and riding the rollercoasters at Canada's Wonderland! Eventhough I have been living in Ontario for the past two years I still haven't been to Niagra Falls or Canada's Wonderland, so I am really excited!

Enough about me, though! It's High Five Friday and we have so many high fives to celebrate, so let's get started!

The following are all high five submissions I received over the past week:

Kelly

"I'm giving myself a High Five for FINALLY getting over my fear of my camera's manual settings!  I didn't even go to HLS, but the posts about the sessions from there inspired me to play around with my camera.  And I"m so glad I did!! I've been so happy with my recent food photography and am loving this new creative outlet.  This photo is one of my favorites from the week, of Shrek Juice."

Deana
"I'm giving myself a high five because I wrote another blog post for mindyourmind.ca!"
You can read Deana's post here.

Heather
"My blog turns ONE on the 29th AND my 1 year plant-based anniversary is September 1st. That's two fun things to be excited about. :)"

Di
"My high 5 was swimming 25 laps. I hate swimming! I've posted about it on my blog. For me it's a form of cross training (bodypump, cxworx, cycle, P90X, running, yoga, pilates) and the one thing missing: swimming. So I challenged myself to swim a mile. That's my goal. This week I swam 25 laps, 32 is the goal! So close!"
You can read more about Di's high five here

Anjali
"I would like to give myself a high five for signing up for a running group in my new city! I'm training for a half marathon, and wanted to join a running group to stay motivated. I was so nervous and scared to show up today for the seven mile long run, but I'm so glad I did! I ended up making 2 new friends and finished at a strong pace. I'm so glad I took a leap and did something that scares me yet challenges me!"

Mary
"My high five moment was landing my lutz jump for the first time. During my practice I was able to land it seven more times (along with a bunch of unsuccessful attempts). And no falls! I've been working toward this for a few weeks and didn't know how much longer it would take. It's an awkward phase when the jump's in your mind but you can't quite land it, I hope I'm over that now!"

Candice
"On Saturday I ran my longest TRAINING run ever, 9 miles! I have ran a half marathon before but I never trained over 8 miles for it so this was a nice milestone for me! This Saturday I will break my training mileage record again with a 10 miler. Woohoo!"
"I did a photoshoot for World Physique magazine!"

Ali
"I recently reached my fitness goal with my trainer and I'm beyond excited :) It's a great reminder that a lot can happen in 12 weeks when you stay consistent with your clean eats and workouts!"

Dena
"Me and my husband Jeff just celebrated our 17th. Wedding Anniversary. In this picture we were on a Weekend House Boat trip in Kentucky, and it is a rule of mine to have a fun crazy picture of us on our anniversary…Life's too short not to have as much fun as possible!"

Alek

"High five for running my pr 5k of 18:34(and gonna beat it Saturday). And becoming best friends with XC team members and going to Fazoli's (thursday carb load tradition), which is a very unhealthy fast food italian restaurant an not getting a small 400 calorie thing but actually ordering what I wanted :)"

It makes me so happy to see you giving yourselves high fives! :) I was really impressed with the amount of submissions I received this week, but I know you can do better πŸ˜‰ Next week I want more! πŸ˜€ Keep them coming friends! You all deserve a high five! :)

Now, as much as I love receiving HFF submissions, I can't help but give out a few surprise high fives each and every week πŸ˜‰

I like to keep you guys on your toes πŸ˜‰

Ok, ok, I also love making you feel awesome about yourselves, too! πŸ˜€

Linz and I both give Annette a high five for completing a half iron man!

Carly completed "Fran" in crossfit and set a new 3 minute PR!

Lindsay took a 5 day break from the gym and focused on living!

Heather is making noticable muscle gains!

Naomi competed in the Superbody Fitness America Pageant and placed third in model!

Heather and her husband celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary!

Kasey completed her first Crossfit WOD!

Jocelyn was featured on Healthy Page!

Linz had an awesome run this week! She surprised herself with the her time!

Katie participated in Nor' Easter Crossfit Throwdown!

Lori made gluten free dog treats for the first time!

Alexis introduced a new blog design to her readers!

Alexandra started a new training program!

Julie made fish tacos for the first time!

Lauren appeared in a news segment! You can watch her here.

Katelyn set a new PR for back squats!

Tara is beginning a training program that is completely out of her comfort zone!

Lils is hosting her first giveaway!

Anna celebrated her one year blogiversary!

Charissa did her first trail run!

Carlyn completed the Color Run!

Katie also completed the Color Run!

Jessica completed the Hood to Coast Relay!

Lindsay, her blog, and Food Pen Pals were featured in the Iowa paper!

Jo taught herself to french braid her own hair!

And last, but not least…

I'm giving myself a high five for completing my summer volunteering job on Monday so I had the rest of the week to spend time with my family and friends, enjoy some "me" time, and get my packing done! :)

As always, thank you for your participation in High Five Friday! I appreciate everyone's contributions whether it be a high five submission, your own HFF post, a promotional tweet (don't forget about the hashtag #high5fri), or an uplifting comment below :)
HFF seriously makes me so happy and I hope you feel the same! :)

Link up your HFF post below or leave a comment telling me your high five of the week!
Throughout the day I want to hear from you! Use the HFF hashtag #high5fri and tell me about an accomplishment you make today!

Love love love,
xoxoxo

Tags: , ,

45 Comments

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli

August 31, 2012

Yay! Happy HFF love!! I ALWAYS look forward to these posts…so much excitement and celebration! And THANK YOU for including me…I’m working hard and it’s so good to finally SEE some changes!

Hope you and the fam have a fun and SAFE travel to London! Can’t wait to see some gorgeous Niagra Falls pics! Love you!! xoxox

Feel stupid to say my name.

August 31, 2012

Hi Meg! So do you select only a few of the high 5 Fridays you get to feature on your blog? I ask because I sent you one and you didn’t feature it, which is fine, I totally understand if you only want to show certain bloggers, I just figured I’d ask so I don’t keep submitting them if you’re only wanting certain kinds. :) Thanks! I love your blog by the way, this is such a good idea regardless of who you feature.

Hey!
      I actually didn’t receive an email from you, but to answer your question… Yes I include EVERY submission I receive :) So, if I did receive an email from you, you most definitely would have been in this post, but I didn’t receive anything? Are you sure you sent it to adashofmeg@gmail.com ??

I assure you I do not pick and choose, so I hope you are not upset with me and submit another high five for yourself that I can feature next week!

Sorry for the misconnection,

Feel stupid to say my name.

August 31, 2012

Not at all! Don’t even worry about it at all, I figured that must have been the case. I replied to your e-mail, thanks for getting back to me! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. Again don’t worry, I didn’t get hurt by it or anything, I definitely will be participating in future #high4fri link-ups :) Thanks Meg!

Tara

August 31, 2012

Aww thanks Meg! I don’t know if I really deserve a high five for that haha πŸ˜‰ Maybe when I set a PR I will! Happy weekend :)

Meg I don’t think I can tell you enough how much I love #High5fri You are so awesome and are spreading so much positivity through the blog community I just love it! Happy Friday and thank you as always for hosting!

Linz

August 31, 2012

You’re so sweet! xoxo Have an amazing (and safe!) trip back to London!! I miss you!! xoxo

sloanepitman

August 31, 2012

Meg I do not know of another person on this earth who is sweeter than you! It was so precious to see how many surprise High 5s you gave out. You really are so amazing for putting this together! And I’m so excited for you to go back to Ontario! Sorry I didn’t send in a specific submission this week, but I linked up to a review of my August goals!
    Congratulations to all these amazing accomplishments! A special shout-out to Di and her swimming! Keep it up girl!
    xoxo

powerhousechels

August 31, 2012

I hope you have a blast down at the falls! I used to live right by there and still love seeing the falls, so beautiful. I bet you’d also love the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, so quaint and beautiful.

Have a great trip with your family, see you soon! xo

LivingMintGreen

August 31, 2012

Hahahaha hooray for french braids. Safe travels back to London – looks like you have a busy yet fun-filled week ahead! Enjoy! :)

Alex @ therunwithin

August 31, 2012

good luck on your travels! Love these friday reminders of everyone’s greatness!

thanks for including me in there :) hugs
    great list – have to go check some of those links out as they are new bloggers for me!
    have a wonderful weekend, 28 hours – now that is a long road trip!

sprint2thetable

August 31, 2012

I cannot wait to be able to run again! Those color runs look like SO much fun. Congrats to everyone for their amazing accomplishments this week!

AND congrats to you, Meg. Enjoy that “me” time and hanging with your family. Love you! xo

Girl – thank you for including me again. You are so sweet. And I just love this list of some amazing accomplishments!

Thank you for including me!!!! Love these posts! So many amazing people all in one post!

Have a safe and fun drive with your parents girl! 28 hours, WOW!

Love you!

Kimberly @ Redefining Kim

August 31, 2012

Another great post! It is always inspiring to see the fantastic things other are achieving. Thank you, Meg, for all you do to grow this community!

julie

August 31, 2012

girl this is a beast of a HFF! so many exciting things going on here :) and thanks for including me – you know you’re always invited to my seafood feasts! xox

Beautiful post as always Meg!!! Love this community. :-)

Carlyn

August 31, 2012

you are the sweetest girl. I love you SO much Meg! Thanks for making me feel GREAT this friday

September 4, 2012

I love you too Carlyn! :)

GOtheXtraMile

August 31, 2012

28 hours?!! Holy moly! Safe travels, love!

betterwithsprinklesblog

August 31, 2012

Yay high fives! Always put a smile on my face. :-)

P.S. you and Chelsea and moving back to London the weekend I move away – so lame!

Yellow Haired Girl

August 31, 2012

Safe travels! Wonderful post, as always :)

I really love this!! You are too kind to so many–you deserve much goodness & blessings, my friend!! Thanks for featuring me πŸ˜‰ xoxo

September 4, 2012

oh my goodness! sweetest comment EVER! Love you Annette :)

Candice

August 31, 2012

YAY! Thanks Meg for featuring my accomplishment this week! PS- the 10 miler this morning was even better than the 9 I did last week :)

September 4, 2012

woot woot! So proud of you girl! Send me another submission for this Friday πŸ˜‰ I LOVE YOU

23. Pingback: Fitness Magazine Feature & Moving Forward | Powercakes

Fit N Trim TwiN

August 31, 2012

I love reading these!! They are SO uplifting!!! :) I guess i can say my “HIGH FIVE” #high5fri of the week was taking my “after photos” for the first time EVER! in a bikini!!! EEEKKK!

September 4, 2012

wow girl! That’s a high five for sure!!! So proud of you :)

Siobhan McCarthy.ca

August 31, 2012

Have an amazing time in Niagara Falls! You should check out Niagara on the Lake while you are there. It’s beyond pretty! Happy long weekend! :)

robfiasco

August 31, 2012

visiting Niagara Fall? ahh, so close to me!! come over to the U.S. side!!!

40 Fit In The Mitt

August 31, 2012

Another amazing HFF! Love reading everyone’s accomplishments! Thanks Meg for all your hard working putting this post together, your Dynamite.

cottercrunch

August 31, 2012

oh my goodness, so much to High five! and so much muscle action here! LOVE IT!

Caitlin

August 31, 2012

Haha OK so Jo’s high 5 is to me the hardest to achieve on this page πŸ˜› if only I could braid my own hair!

Have a safe drive girl! Can’t wait to see you SOON!

Congrats to everyone in this post! I’m so inspired when I read these posts every Friday! πŸ˜€

foodiefiasco

August 31, 2012

I just love this post! So much happiness and accomplishment. πŸ˜‰

I’ll high five myself for successfully putting up a new blog header I worked very hard on.

September 4, 2012

congrats on your new header! It looks amazing! xo

bravehannah

August 31, 2012

Travel safe Meg and have fun!! I love these HFF posts! Everyone of them is so inspiring:)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated

September 1, 2012

Love all of the High Fives!! I would love to do a color run .. it looks so fun (and messy!)! :)

Jess Allen (@blondeponytail)

September 1, 2012

I can’t wait to check out the other blogs featured here Meg! Thank you for including me! Safe travels and enjoy you extended weekend!

moderngirlnutrition

September 1, 2012

These posts always make my day:)

cupcakekelly