A Night in Niagara

by Meg on September 8, 2012

Since we're already a week into September, I had great intentions on writing a "September Goals" post today. Although I don't have as many goals set for myself this month compared to past months, I do have some that I wanted to share with you. However, that will have to wait because I had one of the best nights ever last night and rather talk about that ;)

My parents and I spent the night at Niagara Falls.

I have never visited Niagara Falls before, so this was a really exciting experience for me! We arrived in the city just before dinner time, so my parents and I quickly got settled in our hotel room and then started our adventure!

Since it was almost dinner time, our first mission was to find a restaurant to eat at. And of course, it couldn't be just any restaurant for this family of food lovers!

There were so many restaurants to choose from, but it wasn't until we came across Lucky's Steakhouse when we knew that this is where we would be dining!

inside Lucky's Steakhouse

The restaurant is located within Casino Niagara, so it took a bit of searching to find, but it was an amazing find nonetheless!

There were so many options to choose from on the menu. First the lobster tails and shrimp caught my eye and then I thought I was ordering the salmon filet, but once I saw this option I was sold…

A tower of seafood? That has my name written all over it! The Iced Seafood Tower was listed under the Appetizers and required a minimum of two people to order it, so my Dad and I both ordered it, but I'm sure you can guess who ate the majority of the food…

Me! ;)

Since the "appetizer" didn't include any vegetables, I started with a garden salad. The salad had fresh greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and toasted pumpkin seeds all drizzled with olive oil.

The salad was simple, but delicious. I need to start adding pumpkin seeds to some of my salads…

When the seafood tower arrived at our table, I could hardly believe my eyes. It was huge.

Complete with lobster tails, jump shrimp, crab legs, mussels, oysters, and a marinated seafood salad – I was one happy, happy girl! :)

I enjoyed everything included in the seafood arrangement, but I think the oysters were my overall favourite.

I think I should enter an oyster shucking competition some day…

There was a lot of seafood on the platter – I'm not sure how anyone could order that as an appetizer and then have a full meal afterward! I was stuffed to the brim after my seafood feast, but it was such a good feeling.

Luckily I had buttons to undo ;)

After dinner, my parents and I roamed around the city to do some sight seeing. I finally got my first view of the falls! They were absolutely breathtaking.

We also went on a horse drawn carriage ride to see even more of the city!

It was the perfect way to end a perfect day spent with my best friends <3

Today the weather's not so great – it's pouring rain, but that won't stop us! We are getting ready for the day right now and then plan on doing some wine tours and I hope to find a few pottery shops, too! I love adding to my pottery collection despite the fact that I have absolutely no room left in my cupboards ;) #sorryimnotsorry

Have a beautiful day, sweethearts! I love you so much!

xoxoxo

Have you ever been to Niagara Falls?

Would the Iced Seafood Tower tempt your tastebuds? Cait, you don't even have to answer this question ;)

Danielle (@Clean Food Creative Fitness) September 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I’ve never been to Niagra Falls but it looks amazing there! I would love to go someday! Have another fabulous day with your family today!

Julie September 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I like in Buffalo & have been to “The Falls” many times. We spent a long weekend there on the Canadian side to experience it during the winter. It’s amazing then too. And while we were there we ate at Lucky’s. The food was wonderful. Have a great time in Niagara Falls.

cottercrunch September 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM

haha, i ordered that once in FL. It was a lot but SOO good. You are just so fun and cute meg!

GOtheXtraMile September 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

hahah you are so cute! I’d be all over that seafood platter!

Alexandra September 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM

LOVE these pictures!!! I’ve always wanted to see Niagara Falls– it’s on the bucket list though haha
That seafood tower is right up my alley, those crab legs are calling me!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

julie September 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM

the last time i was in niagara i was like 10 years old! we did the whole maid of the mist tour, etc etc etc it was so much fun – i need to plan another road trip there asap! especialllllly if giant seafood towers like that happen!

Wendy September 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Your too cute!!! I love that seafood tower- I would have ordered that too!!! Its been ages since I’ve been to Niagara Falls – love the pictures. Looks like you had a lot of yummy food!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend with your family.

Kristi @Sweetly Fit September 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Now that is a legit seafood dinner. I need that in my life!!! Haha love ya girl!

Juliane September 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Those pictures are the funniest and best you have posted!! Looks like the rain isn’t stopping you guys from enjoying yourselves!

onehealthymunchkin September 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I’ve been to Niagara Falls, but it was seriously ages ago! I was probably 7 or 8? But this summer I went to Niagara on the Lake, which was a cute touristy town!

Also that seafood tower looks awesome! Minus the oysters and mussels. :P

Caitlin September 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

HAHAH I just laughed out loud and squealed at my shoutout at the end. Yeah, I’m not going to answer the question. You know the answer. But you also must know how happy I am to see you SO pumped over that seafood! I know it made your tummy very pleased indeed. The satisfied face photo is so perfect. I love feeling perfectly satisfied after a dream meal like that. And you and your parents remind me of me and my parents i New Haven last weekend. I love having best friends who I also live with! And who buy me dinner :P

fortheloveofkale September 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

What a GORGEOUS day you had! I know you were in seafood heaven. You look bangin’ as always in your headband too :-) LOVE YOU!!!

athletarian September 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I’ve been to the falls before! They are beautiful! So happy you had a great time with your parents! I love all the pictures! <3

sdorsay (itrainthereforeieat) September 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Those pictures of you after eating are so adorable :) It sounds like you’re having so much fun on your roadtrip with your parents, I’m so happy for you! I’ve never been to Niagra, but will definitely get there someday I’m sure!

Linz September 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

YUM! That seafood tower lookS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables September 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

You are too cute! I have never been to Niagara Falls, but it is on my bucket list!

Katie @ Katie Moves September 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

ugh I was just telling my mom how much I wanted to go see Niagara Falls! One day…your time looked like a lot of fun Meg! You are you’re parents are so cute xoxo

betterwithsprinklesblog September 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Umm, that is pretty much the best dinner I’ve ever seen.

Love Niagara! Pretty sure I haven’t been since my grade 8 graduation trip – it was so much fun though!

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body September 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Niagra falls is great, I have been there a few times but not recently! I like some seafood (shrimp, fish), but not all. Although to be fair, I haven’t tried a lot other than shrimp or fish so maybe I would like it after trying it!

Sloane Pitman September 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Girl you KNOW I’d be all over that seafood tower! Holy moly I’m pretty sure that is a glimpse of heaven. Your Niagara night looks like so much fun! I’ve never been, but your pictures really make me want to see it :) Love you so much pretty baby!

Krista (Krista Mae's Healthy Ways) September 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

What a fun trip! I hope to make my way there someday!!

abznoats September 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I love the photos of you undoing your buttons. That is so you! Hilarious! :)