MIMM: 09/10

by Meg on September 10, 2012

It's Monday evening already!? Where has the day gone!?

Although I have been at school since 8:30 AM and in class for a non-stop 6 hours, today has definitely been a marvelous one. I guess it makes sense; it is Marvelous Monday after all! ;)

I am so happy to be back at school! Brescia is my home. It is a place where I always feel comfortable, happy, and very me. It is most definitely a place where I know I belong.

Since I've been in class all day, I haven't been snapping pictures of all of the marvelous things occurring around me, but I assure you – I have a ton of marvelous things to share with you on this very marvelous day! A huge thanks to Katie for hosting! :)

My Dad's smile

On Sunday, my parents and I spent the whole day at Canada's Wonderland! I'm not much of a rollercoaster girl so I only went on a few rides, but seeing the smile on my Dad's face when he walked off of the rollercoasters brought me so much joy that my day was still marvelous! :)

One on one time with my Dad

Despite my lack of excitement over rollercoasters, I did go on some rides. Since I'm not afraid of heights, I went on the Windseeker which is a swing ride that is 301 feet high. It was a great ride and gave me the opportunity to view the entire amusement park while chatting with my Dad about what rides we wanted to hit up next!

One on one time with my Mom

While my Dad was being daring on some of the largest rollercoasters I've ever seen, my Mom and I had a chance to hang out. We grabbed a cup of tea from Starbucks and roamed the park. It was a sunny day and we loved having the chance to soak up some rays after completing our long road trip from Saskatchewan!

Coincidences

Some times things happen in life that make my mouth drop in amazement!

Out of all of the people in the world, one of my very best friends that I met while going to school at Brescia just so happened to be at Canada's Wonderland the very same day I was! What's even crazier is that we were lined up for the same ride and didn't expect to see each other! We started squealing and hugging while in line, definitely made a scene, but it was such a precious moment :)

This salmon roll

Have you ever seen something so amazing? Personally, I think the salmon to rice ratio is out of this world. Usually, the piece of salmon inside of a roll is the width of a pencil, but not when you get sushi at Makimono ;) Now this is how every maki roll should be made ;)

Makimono

My sashimi set (red tuna, white tuna, salmon, surf clam, white fish, and butterfish)

As you can clearly see above, Makimono is an amazing restaurant that serves beautiful sashimi sets, sushi, etc. with generous portions – just the way I like it! It was my first time at Makimono this weekend and I was incredibly impressed! There are a few different locations throughout Ontario, so I highly suggest that if you are in Ontario or near a location that you must go and enjoy some of the best Japanese food you'll ever sink your teeth into :)

I could keep going on and on about all of the marvelous things in my life right now, but I'll finish off with one of the most marvelous things about today

Brescia

Just walking into the building of my university gives me chills. I love it so much. Like I said, it is where I belong :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday! See you tomorrow!

What was marvelous about your Monday?

Have you been to Canada's Wonderland before?

Do you like rollercoasters?

Love,

xo

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! September 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I LOVE roller coasters! Sadly I didn’t go to any amusement parks this summer….so I am totally living vicariously through your pics LOL! The sushi looks amazing too!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness September 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Looks like fun! Your parents seem so awesome!! Amusement parks scream summer to me but unfortunately I didn’t make it to any this summer!

twosaucysisters September 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

We love Canada’s Wonderland! We went this summer with our brothers, and it was so fun to spend the day with just us four siblings! And we all love roller coasters, so it was a perfect day ;)

FitnJess September 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I almost went there! My boyfriend’s dad lives in canada and we wanted to stop there when we visited but didn’t get a chance!

Julie L September 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM

If you think those are big rides, you should check out Cedar Point!

Alex @ therunwithin September 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

aw so sweet, what cool rides!

abznoats September 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Eek. I completely hate rides. lol. Things that have made my Monday marvelous are finishing on ramp classes at CrossFit, spending the afternoon at Starbucks with a friend, and my little neighbor sharing his tea with me.

Lori and Michelle (@purelytwins) September 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

sashimi looks amazing, what :)
and that is so cool that you ran into an old friend. I love that when it happens!

betterwithsprinklesblog September 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM

i haven’t been to Canada’s Wonderland in a few years! I’m like your dad – give me the roller coasters. :-D

sprint2thetable September 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I am in awe of the salmon to rice ration. I often feel shorted when I go to sushi restaurants because the roll is SO rice-heavy. I like rice, but I want to taste the salmon too!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish September 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

This post screams HAPPINESS!!! I am so glad you’re finally back home in the place where you feel like YOU, sis! <3 London and Brescia sound like incredible places; whenever you talk about them, you light up (face and words). :-D I think I better come visit and experience all this marvelous-ness too. ;)

It sounds like you had an amazing day at Wonderland with your parents. And how exciting that you ran into your friend! (I always make a scene too ;) ) Even though I used to refuse to even go near a roller coaster, now I LOVE them. :)

THAT SUSHI!! Amazing! My mouth is watering looking at your sashimi plate! That might be the freshest looking fish I've ever seen. So glad you enjoyed it so much, sis. <3

I'm counting down the days and hours till our chat Friday! xoxoxo

Tara September 11, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Oh man, I hate rides. My best friend and I went on this ride once. She knows I hate rollercoasters etc, but she somehow convinced me to go with her. Everyone is strapped into this square platform, standing up. You slowly climb up about 300 feet in the air, and then the thing drops all the way to the bottom in something like 1.5 seconds. Right before we dropped I burst into tears because I was so scared!

Dannii September 11, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I hate rides! I used to LOVE them, but as I have gotten older I won’t go on the,

onehealthymunchkin September 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Your day at Canada’s Wonderland sounds so fun! I haven’t been there in ages… I’m not much of a roller coaster girl either. They tend to make me nauseous! :P But at least there are other fun rides there.

Also wow that sushi DOES look amazing. We must go!

My Monday was marvelous because I had the day off classes and then I randomly bumped into Andrea at Starbucks so we ended up doing work there together. It was nice to have company!

AnnaTheApple September 11, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Ahh I love rollercoasters! They scare me to death but I love the exhilirating feeling of zooming around. The sushi looks really good – and definitely a winner on the salmon/rice ratio. Glad your back and happy :)

Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) September 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM

YAY SO FUN! What a great weekend! Welcome back to Ontario!!

Candice September 11, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I think you may be as big of a sushi freak as I am. I could eat it literally everyday. Next time you are in Boston we have a sushi date, k?

Linz September 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I used to LOVE roller coasters! Now as I’ve gotten older – not so much. It works out cuz JOnny doesn’t like them now either… not sure what we’ll do when we have kids! haha one on one time with parents is the best – especially when they rock – like yours! xoxo

Kimberly @ Redefining Kim September 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

That is a marvelous Monday! My Monday was pretty fantastic. It started with an amazing workout – The Fit Test from Fitmixer Boot Camp and ended with a 3 mile run! Lots of sweating today,which is always marvelous!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint September 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Marvelous thing from my Monday- an awesome solo spin session at the gym. And I got my hair done!

LOVE roller coasters- I haven’t been on one in ages. I do the weirdest thing on them- I start laughing uncontrollably and repeatedly yell ‘shit shit shit’ in between bouts of laughter.

Annette Perkins (@FitnessPerks) September 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I used to love roller coasters–but now they kinda make me sick….sad :(

I love one-on-one time with my parentals too! Wahoo!

Caitlin September 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Holy moly that SUSHI looks so good dear. I know you loved it!!! Thank you for making sure to tag me so I’d see it! <3
It's just so funny how alike you and I are. I do not go on rollercoasters either! I just chill while others do. And we just LOVE our parent time don't we? I am looking forward to watching an SNL political special tonight with my parents! Seeing them smile makes my day – both your parents and mine.
I'm so happy that you feel so at home at Brescia. That's the best. I know that some people haven't had the best college experiences…and I feel badly because I had a great one and to feel at home somewhere for 4 years is just so special!