Because Positive Thinking Always Works

by Meg on September 15, 2012

Good morning and happy weekend, loves!

The weekend should be associated with happiness, but can I be completely honest? I've been dreading today. It's my Mom and Dad's last full day here in London and I really don't want them to leave.

I know, I know…

We all need to get back to reality at some point, but they have been my reality all summer so tomorrow's good-bye is going to be hard. But, like always, I'll focus on the good and what I'm loving lately to get my mind off of the things that are bringing me down so I can raise myself up! :)

The Positives & What I'm Loving:

You
Friday after Friday you never cease to amaze me! Thank you for all of your support behind High Five Friday – it's definitely growing and becoming more popular thanks to you and all of your help! I've been working hard behind the scenes too, though. I updated the High Five Friday page! :) So please go and read about how High Five Friday was created and how to participate in the weekly celebration! :)

I also need to mention a few other bloggers who wrote their own High Five Friday posts yesterday:

Linz

Ali

Di

Cat

Julie

Make sure you go check out their posts if you haven't already :)

Side note: This is the largest group of High Five Friday posts so far! Thanks girls! <3

Once again, I'm sorry the link-up wasn't working yesterday (hopefully it will be up and running for next week!), but as always – thank you so much for participating and spreading the High Five Friday love <3

Seafood
I've been eating a lot of seafood lately. Like, more than I usually do. So that's a lot. I promised my fellow seafood addict some pictures of the ahi tuna I had yesterday. It was delicious. Sesame crusted and rare – it doesn't get much better than that.

Macadamia nuts
Yesterday I tried my first macadamia nut. I've had macadamia nut butter before, but not the actual nut itself! I'm not sure why I've waited 21 years because it is my new favourite nut.

Sorry walnuts…

My new mug
I like it because it's big. My Mom told me it's bigger than my head. Ha! I think it's the perfect size to satisfy my raging tea addiction.

The smell of my house
My house smells like banana nut bread thanks to my wonderful Scentsy! I think of one of my best friends from back home all of the time now that my house smells like banana nut bread because it's her favourite scent :)

DAVIDsTEA's fall collection
I've finally tried all five teas from the 2012 fall collection, so I plan on doing a review of them very soon! :) Maybe tomorrow?

Seafood
Oh, did I already say that? ;)

Last night's salad with grilled salmon

My favourite salad from Milestone's (I must confess – I've had this salad three times in the past week!)

Fresh mackerel that I grilled on the bbq this week

Fresh snapper that I grilled on the bbq this week

Black cod (a.k.a. the love of my life) that I grilled on the bbq this week

Yeah… I get my recommended two servings of seafood each week ;) No worries there!

I'm off to enjoy the day with Mom and Dad! Love you all and have a great Saturday!
xoxo

What is one thing that you are loving lately?

Alexandra September 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM

OMG THAT SEAFOOD!!!!! I’m so jealous :D

Linz September 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Have a great last day with you momma and daddy-o! Savor each moment (I know you!). I’m sure there will be lots of j’adore la vie times! :) And do you clean the fish, too?? You are braaaave! THat crusted rare tuna actually looks good… and I’m not usually a fan of raw tuna!!

LivingMintGreen September 15, 2012 at 9:19 AM

WHAT is in that cup of whipped cream heaven from Davids?!?! I still have the marshmallow one left in my sampler back to try… so far, the banana nut bread was the only one that stood out to me – I think I love it more than Forever Nuts!
Last night I bought the re-released vanilla rooibos & salted caramel. So many teas, so little time, hey?
I’m so happy you love macadamia nuts – they’re my favorite nut too! I went to the Mauna Loa factory/farm in Hawaii & got to sample all different types of their treats. So good. Chopped macs make an AMAZING crust for fish too. :D

Cat @sugaraddictanonymous September 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thanks for the link love! I was so excited to see that this morning. It is so nice to see how close you are to your parents. I wish i had that! Good Luck this semester, can’t wait to read all about it!
~Cat

Alex @ therunwithin September 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I am jealous of all your seafoods. I want some so bad, maybe I should cave and just buy some at the store. I love your high five success, I am going to try my hardest to pull one together for friday.

Kim @ Redefining Kim September 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Happy Saturday, Meg! Lately, I am loving my new workout plan, the start of fall weather, and extra time with my family.

Dannii September 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I am loving seafood at the moment too – can’t get enough of it!

onehealthymunchkin September 15, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I hope you’re enjoying your last moments with your parents today! If you need some comfort I’m free anytime on Monday! <3

I love that salad from Milestones too! And where is that tuna from? It looks amazing!

Lately I'm loving fresh fruit/veggies from the farmer's market, movie nights with my roommate, and coffee!

betterwithsprinklesblog September 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM

So much seafood! I’m definitely in the seafood addict club, it all looks amazing. :-)

mirandasmunchies September 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

It’ll be lonely without your parents but you’re right that positivity will get you past that hurdle… such a smart girl :)

I love your mug. I’ve been on the lookout for a big one lately. Mine are just too small!

I’ve been loving the pumpkin whoopie pies at sweet lemon bakery lately… so delicious!!!

Luvena September 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM

If I could afford it I would have Salmon every night or maybe shrimp or maybe Swai, or Sushi or…..lol Yup I am a seafood lover too!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers September 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Mmmmm… now I want ahi tuna!

katiemoves September 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

i LOVE seafood! your meals look delicious! mmm cod :) my lunches have been grilled chicken salads with lots of red and green peppers…been sort of obsessed!

abznoats September 16, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Holy moly. I want to eat everything on the screen! Especially that sesame ahi! Yum!