New and Improved Sushi Salad

by Meg on September 20, 2012

Well, it's a rainy day here in London today, but it's all sunshine and smiles in my kitchen ;)

I have a quick recipe to share with you today before I head to my second class of the day! It's a new and improved version of this deconstructed sushi salad recipe that I made this summer.

The reason I say that it is improved is because I personally think this is a superior version of the first ;)

It's really tasty and left my tummy happy last night :) I hope you enjoy!

Deconstructed Sushi Salad with Sesame Cauliflower "Rice"

Ingredients for salad:

Romaine
Cucumber, shredded
Carrot, shredded or spiralized
Nori paper, crumbled
Avocado, sliced
Shrimp, cooked
Pickled ginger

Ingredients for Sesame Cauliflower "Rice":

1 cup raw cauliflower, grated or chopped into "rice"
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp rice vinegar

Construction:

In your salad bowl, place romaine, cucumber, and carrots.

In another bowl, mix all ingredients needed for the "rice" together until cauliflower is fully coated. Sprinkle sesame "rice" over romaine mixture in salad bowl.

Top vegetables in salad bowl with remaining salad ingredients: nori paper, avocado, shrimp, and pickled ginger.

There are so many flavours in this salad that I am sure you will be swooning in no time ;) I know I was.

Love you friends and please send me an email to adashofmeg@gmail.com with your HFF submission! Read about the submission process here, so I have all of the information I need to give you the biggest high five tomorrow during the 32nd High Five Friday! :)

peaceloveandoats September 20, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Oh gosh that salad looks so good, Meg!! And I’m curious, are you going to elaborate more on your eating plan with your new trainer? I know it’s very individualized to you but I was just curious what he’s having you do!

Meg September 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Ok :) I can email you about it or write a post? xo

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables September 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM

You are so pretty girl!! I love all your food. Will you come cook for me. ;)

Meg September 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM

uhm WITHOUT A DOUBT! YES!

abznoats September 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Umm. Want this in my belly right now! lol.

julie September 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM

mm love the idea of deconstructed salads like that! i haven’t had sush in forever and now you’ve got me craving it like a mad woman! i think i need to make sush happen this weekend!

Lori and Michelle (@purelytwins) September 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM

great idea! I enjoyed shrimp tonight, next time trying this

Meg September 23, 2012 at 7:48 AM

oh yay! let me know when you do <3 I have made a few of your recipes this week ;) <3

pluvk September 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Yum, yum, yum! I never thought to use cauliflower as SUSHI rice! I’ve used it as rice before, and really liked it, so I’m sure I’ll like this too! I seriously could eat sushi every day.

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish September 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I love the idea of crumbling nori on top of a salad; I bet it adds a delicious crunch! Sis, you KNOW I’d love this salad. I might have to throw a little tuna on top, too. ;)

I hope you enjoyed your rest day today! Love you tons xoxo <3

onehealthymunchkin September 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I make one like this but with brown rice. I love the idea to use cauliflower rice though! I’ve actually never tried making it before. I gotta try it!