High Five Friday #33

by Meg on September 28, 2012

Good morning beautiful readers of mine and happy High Five Friday to each and every one of you! :)

I am really excited for today. I know, I know… I say that every week, but I'm serious! I'm so excited that today is HFF! :)

We have a huge celebration today! There were so many HFF submissions which made me incredibly happy! There are so many new HFF participants this week which is amazing because that's proof that HFF is growing! :)

Now, without further a do… the HFF submissions for the 33rd HFF! :)

Lisa"I wanted to give myself a high five for finally taking the plunge and increasing my calories!"

Lori"I signed up to become a personal trainer. Something that I have been wanting to do but nervous, and finally took the step to make it happen :)"

Nancy"I wanted to give myself a high 5 this week because I'm progressing on handstand push ups at CrossFit, AND came out of soccer retirement :)"

Heather"I give myself a high five for starting J'adore la vie. It is a movement that has been in my mind for a long time now, and to see it come to life literally brings me to tears. J'adore la vie is what life is all about and I want people to feel that love every day of their lives!"

Sloane"I'm giving myself one for making As on all three of the tests I had last week!"

Kelly"I completed my first half-marathon and I am running my second in two weeks!"

Alex"I want to give myself a High Five for making it through my first week of the nighttime mentor sessions (aka 10-12 hour workdays) as well as finding I got the second job I applied for! Weeee so excited – bring on a new week!"

Deana – "I wrote another post for mindyourmind.ca! You can read it here."

Susie – "My high five for this week is for myself and the rest of my amazing teammates involved with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) Team Challenge program. This past weekend I ran my second half-marathon with them (and my mom participated in her 5th!) at the Nashville Women's Half Marathon. Not only did I do my second half (my first was in June, and I had never run farther than 6 miles before January, and I completely trained myself and nursed some potentially very long term injuries on and off all summer), but I, the kid not only with Crohn's, who had a doctors note EXCUSING me from running (I power walked instead) in PE, and prior to that always finished in the mid if not back of the pack, have now discovered a certain aptitude for running: for the second half in a row, I was the first female Team Challenge finisher (1:44). Holy. Cow. 7th in my age group (11th earlier in the summer). And a minute from my PR. After not thinking i would even be able to run it a month ago."

Nadja – "I would give myself a high five because i FINALLY registered in a gym for the FIRST TIME!! I've been thinking about it for a loooong time and i finally decided to stop thinking and to finally act!"

Megan"I made macadamia nut butter AND created a new protein ball recipe.

10 gm macadamia butter
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbspn coconut shreds
2 packets of stevia
Sprinkling of cinnamon
Enough water to form Play doh-like texture

Combine ingredients, roll into a ball and pop into the freezer until ready to eat :)"

Hannah"A friend of mine is wanting help getting back into shape so she asked me to be her workout buddy!  I thought it was so nice of her to think of me!  Our first workout together is tomorrow :)"

What an amazing list of high fives! :) Thank you so much for your submissions!

Now, it's time for the "surprise" high five's that I've collected over the week ;)

Clare has been blogging for two years!

Heather ran a half marathon!

Chelsey and Steve celebrated their 7th year anniversary together!

Kierston ran her first half marathon!

Katelyn set a new PR for her clean & jerks!

Krysten set a PR for her half marathon!

Tess and her husband celebrated their 1 year anniversary!

Brittany and Luvy participated in a 5k!

Laura did her first food demo!

Crystal cooked acorn squash for the first time!

Renee decorated her dorm room beautifully using Pinterest as a source of inspiration!

Ali made a project that she had pinned on Pinterest!

Sara ate her first entirely raw/vegan meal!

Erin went horseback riding for the first time!

Sarah has been getting out and being more social lately!

Madeline ran her first 5k!

Brittany's muscles are starting to show!

Jess ran the Omaha haf marathon!

Christina tried casein "pudding" for the first time!

Electra was featured on The Crossfit Monitor!

Alicia completed the Color Run!

And I will be giving myself for not blogging yesterday.

Throughout the day, I came up with 1,00000000000 topics to write about, but I had to restrain myself…

As much as I wanted to blog, I knew I had to take a break. I didn't realize how much I began to idolize blogging until recently and I really need to break this idol down. I am still going to blog weekly and High Five Friday will always take place (so please keep submitting your high fives!), but I need to start concentrating more on school and even more on myself for that matter!

At the beginning of the month I said that school was going to take priority over blogging, but I don't think I did too good of a job at doing that. I'm not behind in school by any means, but school's getting busier (I already have an exam on Monday!), so I need to be serious and actually start putting school before blogging.

I'm trying to figure out a schedule that will work for me. As of right now, I have no idea what that will be, but I know I'll figure things out :) I have faith in myself ;)

Before I go, I have to give a big high five to all of you that have offered me your support over the course of the week. There are far too many of you to name, but you know who you are ;) You all mean the world to me and I needed to say thank you again!

Love always & always,

xoxo

What's your high five today?

Don't forget to celebrate HFF all day! Tweet #high5fri throughout the day to share your accomplishments! BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!

Note: The link up service is unavailable today, so please share the link to your HFF post in the comment section below! Thank you!

Brittany Terry September 28, 2012 at 7:12 AM

You are such a sweetheart. Thank you so Meg. You deserve a high five for being so dedicated to your readers and kind-hearted enough to celebrate everyone’s accomplishments every week. Have a great day :D

Susie September 28, 2012 at 7:34 AM

:D. Thank you!

RunToTheFinish September 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM

love it!! everyone is doing such great things

Linz September 28, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I unexpectantly ran 7 miles yesterday! Here’s my #high5fri: http://itzlinz.com/2012/09/28/my-mommas-birthday/

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness September 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Great post yet again! You definitely deserve a high five for taking a break yesterday and giving yourself what it needed! Always take care of yourself first!!!! High five to you for being so fabulous!

Kelly @ Cupcake Kelly's September 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Love your list! We have some similar ones. High five to you for taking a break, sometimes you just need too. Love you girl! http://cupcakekellys.com/blog/2012/9/28/high-five-friday.html

4loveofcarrots September 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM

You deserve a high five for staying true to yourself and not letting rude comments bring you down! You are an amazing, strong and beautiful women who is going to do amazing things! Have a great weekend!

thecompostcook September 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

You definitely deserve a high five for figuring out your priorities Meg! As awesome as blogging is, school definitely needs to take precedence. :-)

Ellie September 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Great high fives! And I’m so glad you realized that you needed to slow down~I’m very proud of you girl!

Nadja September 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Oh i’m so glad i’m in your High5Friday :D i hope it’s not the last time i’m in it ;) and i think it’s good for you (not for your readers of course, but you’re the priority) to take a little break and to blog less so you can think about you first! Love

Becki @Fight4Wellness September 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM

This one is for you, me, and everyone who has ever struggled OR succeeded. By that, I mean everyone. http://www.fightingforwellness.com/high-fives-all-around/

Thank you for all that you do. <3

Miss Allergy Fit September 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Thank you for posting all the amazing High 5s!!! So inspiring!! :) Enjoy your break Meg!!! :) I’m sure i’ll catch ya when you get on your blog and on instagram!! :)

Lori and Michelle (@purelytwins) September 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM

wow, love it! love all the love and high five going on ;)
thanks again sweetie for putting in my high five!! xoxo

sprint2thetable September 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Some many awesome running accomplishments this week! That Kierston blows me away. :)

Thank you again for including me!!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish September 29, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I think this is my favorite High Five Friday of all time! There is no way that words can express how proud I am of you, sis!! You deserve an enormous HUG (and high five) for doing what your heart knows is best for YOU. I have 110% faith in you too, and KNOW that you will find a happy balance. <3 <3 <3

Thank you so much for the shout-out! The only thing that would have made that amazing raw/vegan meal better is if you'd been there to enjoy it with me!

Love you to pieces. xoxoxoxo Happy weekend!

Nicole @ Sugar Coated Sisters September 29, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I love Renee’s dorm makeover! I should do that to my ugly apartment bedroom… it sure needs some revamping! Yay for everyone else’s awesome weeks, so many great things!

Kierston September 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Thank you so much Meg!!! xoxo

You’re so sweet!

Have a great weekend! :)

Life's a Bowl September 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM

This is an absolutely awesome HFF! So many people have so much to be proud of- yay for the weekend, time to celebrate! My biggest accomplishment: getting back into the kitchen and trying 2 new [successful] recipes :D

athletarian September 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Woooo! So many high fives!!! Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments and thank you to YOU for recognizing them!!

Ali Wood (@creativali) September 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM

thanks for sharing my goal board post on here. I didn’t realise I shouted it out on twitter with the HFF tag! :) thanks Meg!

GOtheXtraMile September 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Love you girl! <3

Deana September 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Meg September 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Sorry Deana, I did link it to the correct post, however.

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body September 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Aww Meg thank you so much! I have been taking an ‘unplugged’ break the past few days and having been blogging, but I was so blessed to log into my account and see the comment you had made letting me know you gave me a high five. Thanks so much, you sure know how to make a girl feel good (and it couldn’t have come at a better time!)

Heather @ Better With Veggies September 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I’m a little behind on my blog reading, but couldn’t miss this lovely post. Thanks for the high five friend!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM