WIAW: September Eats

by Meg on October 3, 2012

One of the things I love most about a new month is sharing all of the wonderful recipes I've tried of yours over the past month! :)

And could the timing be any better? I mean, it is What I Ate Wednesday after all! ;)

Megan's Simple Oil-Free Salad Dressing

I loved this dressing and have made it a few times! Like the name says, it's simple (which I love), but it's also very refreshing and light!

Courtney's Coconut Flour Pancakes

This recipe is a favourite of mine. One bite of these pancakes and I was hooked. If you're still on the search for the "perfect coconut flour pancake" you have to try these! They are perfect and so delicious! Especially with oodles of blueberries on top ;)

Lori and Michelle's Avocado Sauerkraut Mash

Not really a recipe, but a genius combination developed by my long lost sisters! This "mash" is absolutely delicious and I have made it several times over the month of September!

Kasey's Yam Powercakes

This was my very first "powercake" a la Kasey! It was delicious! Especially with the dippy egg on top ;) I highly recommend the addition of sauteed onions, too! So good.

Laura's Zucchini Bread Batter

I didn't know what I wanted for a snack on afternoon and then I remembered Laura's recipe for Zucchini Bread Batter! I've been on a zucchini kick lately, so I took one of four zucchini's from my fridge and made this tasty treat! I didn't have cottage cheese, so I used Greek yogurt instead, but it was still delicious!

Rande's Kabocheeze

I loved the name of this recipe, so I couldn't not make it. Also, a special friend of mine recommended it to me, so I knew I had to give it a try! I loved it and will have to make it again! Rande never let's me down.

Rande's Blueberry Cheesecake Salad

Another recipe with a title that caught my attention. Blueberries? Cheesecake? And a salad all in one!? I had to try it and when I did I went to food heaven. It was so strange, but so incredibly delicious. Definitely a favourite of mine from over the month of September! Like I said, Rande never let's me down!

Lori and Michelle's Avomiso Dressing

Oh. my. goodness. This was amazing. I love avocado so much that I never want to add anything to it. I think avocado is beautiful enough y itself, but I mad miso in my fridge and was pretty intrigued by this recipe, so I gave it a shot! It was so good! I will definitely make it again!

Julie's Noatmeal

If you want to experience food heaven every single day, make this every. single. day. I used pumpkin instead of sweet potato, but it was equally delicious! I put a good dose of ground flaxseed on top which made this meal over the top! I'm craving it right now…

Thank you for sharing such wonderful recipes! I truly loved them all! :) I cannot wait to try more over the course of October! :) I think there will be a lot of squash involved… ;)

Have a lovely Wednesday, friends, and don't forget to email me your high five's for this week's High Five Friday post! :) For instructions please follow this link.

What recipes are you loving lately? Link me up!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas October 3, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Love finding great recipes from great blogs! I’ve been making other’s crock pot recipes for weeks now.. it is my new favorite kitchen gadget!
happy Wednesday!

Meg October 3, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Oooo I should try some of your recipes, love!!!!! <3 Crock pot cooking is perfect for this time of year!

julie October 3, 2012 at 7:07 AM

wow all of the recipes sound delicious! the kabocheeze is really peaking my interest just based on the name alone! and girl you NEEED to try the noatmeal with sweet potato! so GOOOD

Meg October 3, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I most definitely will try it will sweet potato! I just had some baked pumpkin that I needed to use! I might have the sweet potato version later this week! :) it was so good Julie <3 thank you

Life's a Bowl October 3, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I’ve been craving anything apple, cinnamon, or pumpkin this fall :) Thankfully, it seems like a bunch of other bloggers are too! Happy hump day girly, half-way through the week!

Linz October 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM

TONS of good recipes!! I need to try out some of the ones you suggested!!

eatandgetmoving October 3, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Sauerkraut & avocado? What a great idea! I used to love sauerkraut but I’ve eaten too much over the past years so I really can’t stand it anymore! However, I adore avocado’s… so maybe this will get me back on the sauerkraut wagon ;-) Love! Leanne

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Might have to look into that blueberry cheesecake salad…that sounds too interesting not to try. :-p

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I love everything on here! So many things I’ve been wanting to try myself! Julie’s No oatmeal looks amazing and I have a thing for pancakes so Kasey’s yamcakes and Courtney’s coconut flour pancakes are a must try for sure!

Natasha October 3, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Wow all of your recipes look amazing!
I’ve also been really wanting to try “noatmeal” as it has been circling around the blog world…it looks quite delicious!

Alex @ therunwithin October 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I am seriously bookmarking this, just drooling over its amazingness.

Rande McDaniel October 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM

YAY, I’m so glad you liked them Meg! I haven’t made that kabocheeze in a while, I should return to it, it’s a great Fall recipe!

Luvena October 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I am LOVING zucchini right know too!! Raw, baked, steamed, shredded you name it. I will definitely be trying the zucchini batter and I LOVE yams so the yam powercake looks SO YUMMY!!!! I have been looking for some knew ways to cook up my yammies :0). Thank you for all the great sharings!!!!!

peaceloveandoats October 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Your food all looks so delicious, especially those pancakes!!! And thanks for the text this morning, made my smile in the middle of my workout!

Meg October 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

awwwww you make me happy ALL of the time ;)

Eating 4 Balance October 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I love your feature of so many different recipes around the blog-o-sphere! I definitely need to check out some of your link-ups. Thanks! :)

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes October 3, 2012 at 1:15 PM

omg those onions!! Get in my belly!

Meg October 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM

BAHA!! <3 as always, love your comments

Lori and Michelle (@purelytwins) October 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

oh man so many yummy eats…seriously we are long lost sisters

xoxo

Meg October 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

so happy you think so ;) xx

sprint2thetable October 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for the zucchini bread batter shout out! So many great recipes out there – this reminds me I need to make powercakes again!

Annette Perkins (@FitnessPerks) October 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Mmmm shrimp on salad! YUMM.

And that blueberry cheesecake salad looks tasty too!

Michelle October 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Yumm!! You try so many good things and are inspiring me to try and get a little more creative in the kitchen while in school. I have been eating the same things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner almost every day since school started!

Meg October 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

That’s A OK, sis :) I usually have the same breakfast, but I like switching things up! I usually try new recipes on the weekends :)

onehealthymunchkin October 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Everything looks so good! I’m so glad you linked to that coconut flour pancake recipe because I’ve been looking for a good one!

I really loved Ellie Krieger’s herb roasted turkey breast recipe that I tried out on Sunday!

letsgetupandlive October 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Mmmh, looks like you tried some great recipes. One of my favourite recipes of the moment is Michelle’s chili tempeh: http://peachypalate.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6024066

… and blueberry cheesecake salad? Awesome idea!

Meg October 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM

thanks for the link girl! I LOVE TEMPEH!

powerpeanut October 3, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I wish I had zucchini RIGHT NOW. I am all over that zucchini bread batter.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM

So many good things here!!! I need to check these out!

Meg October 3, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Holy moley! I wanna make ALL of these – I hope those pancakes are gluten free cause I’m eyeing them the most :) Love you sista!

katiemoves October 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM

those look amazing..no recipe’s really, i’ve been loving lemon dill seasoning on fish or chicken and roasted sweet potatoes….yummm :)

pluvk October 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

These all look so yummy! Thank you for sharing. I’m already trying to think of ways to use the avomiso and kabocheeze!

Dannii October 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM

I can’t decide what looks the best – that all looks amazing.

squigglefloey October 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I just found your blog :) So happy to have done so.
Good luck on becoming an RD! How is the journey so far? I’m considering going back to school for it, but I’m not much of a math person!