An Important Reminder

by Meg on October 4, 2012

I was going to title this post "Making a Positive out of a Negative", but I'm pretty sure I wrote a post with that title already (or something very similar to it), but that's what this post is about.

Making a negative situation into a positive one.

Although is does not always seem as though that this is possible, it most definitely is.

Yesterday morning, my favourite morning show, Canada AM, shared this video clip with all of their viewers…

How amazing is this woman? I cannot applaud her enough! What she did right there is absolutely amazing and I want everyone to see this video. She most definitely took a very negative (and personal) situation and made it into a positive one. She stood up for herself and didn't let others control how she felt about herself. She did not allow the negative comment made about her take her down.

This story reminded me of the negative situation I experienced recently. I, too, didn't let the negativity get me down and I'm sure glad I didn't! I was recently reminded how amazing blogging is and where it has led me.

I am so blessed and have been given so many opportunities due to my blog. I love blogging. I love writing. It's my passion and I'm not going anywhere <3

I want to give a special thank you to my good friend, Sam, who gave me the opportunity to be featured on my university's website and being identified as a leader. I cannot thank you enough! If you haven't read the article yet, you can read it here!

Are you able to view negatives as positives easily or does it take you quite a bit of effort?

When was the last time you were in a negative situation and made it into a positive one?

Did your news channel share the video clip shown above?

One more reminder! Email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com with your High Five Friday submission for tomorrow! Please subject your email as "High Five Friday" and include the description of your high five, a picture (optional), and your blog/website URL (optional). Thank you! Happy Thursday! :)

Love love love,

xoxo

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM

What an amazing post! I love this and am so happy that you are bringing light of how to turn negativity into positivity! This is a really great video and I am so proud and amazed at the strength of this woman!

GOtheXtraMile October 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM

LOVE YOU!

peaceloveandoats October 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM

This was a great topic to mention – her video is really amazing!

Alex @ therunwithin October 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM

i saw that video and at first it made me so mad but then in the end I really applaud her for her strength in the situation. it takes a lot to bounce back from that. props to her for real.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I saw the clip online yesterday, I’m so proud of this woman! She made a lot of fantastic points, and it must be difficult to take something so personal and talk about it on national television. Just inspiring!

And p.s. getting on the university’s website? That;s awesome! Congrats Meg, you should be so proud of yourself!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I LOVED that story. I watched that on the news yesterday and thought she handled it amazingly. Grrr. Stand up to your bullies in a polite, but firm way :)
Congrats on the university website opportunity, Meg!

fortheloveofkale October 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Wow. Girl, could this be any more appropriate for you?! After our Skype chat and everything that you’ve been gong through, it’s as if God sent this to you. And since you’re so open, you listened and took it great heights like you always do. This video is SO moving! She is such a STRONG, amazing woman. I’m speechless. BEAUTIFUL post!

Julie October 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I work in a high school and have seen how bullying has changed since I have been in high school 7 years ago. Bullying has gone online through Twitter, facebook, and the like then translates into bullying at school.

Life's a Bowl October 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I saw that clip on the news earlier this week- that woman has got so much confidence and power, it’s so inspiring! I think she handled herself very well and I think it’s awesome that the news station gave her an opportunity to speak her voice… The guy who made those crude comments should feel awful, he doesn’t know anything about her!

Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) October 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I think the woman IS being a very powerful role model by showing her confidence and standing up for what she thinks is right. Go girl!

Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) October 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

xoxox LOVE YOU!!

onehealthymunchkin October 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I literally teared up watching that video. What an amazing woman!!! That was so strong of her to retaliate that email on public tv and use it to send out an important message to kids. The world needs more people like her!

4loveofcarrots October 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM

great post! People can be so rude but she definitely handled it very well, she is quite the role model for women!

Ela October 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM

You go, girl! We could all learn a thing or two from you =)

Corinne October 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Love this post and the video esp. I have shared it with all my friends as well. I cannot believe the gaul of people to criticise in this way…

yl1231982 October 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Meg,
I’m so happy you posted this!! I was bullied throughout most of my adolescence–middle school and high school. I still bear the scars from it. I think hurtful words stick to a person so much deeper sometimes than physical pain. People have no right to be judgmental towards one another. We all have our own stories, experiences, and sufferings and it is so essential to be respectful of one another rather than abuse each other with hurtful words. I’m always here if you want to talk. I’m sorry things have been tough lately!

Molly October 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM

The world needs more people to spread awareness about anti-bullying! I loved this post Meg!!

katiemoves October 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

yes i Loved hearing that news clip as well! such an important reminder. xoxoxo

runwkate October 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Wow – we didn’t get that in Oz, and I am so glad I watched it. x

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish October 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM

This clip has been all over the news here, and I completely agree with you–this woman is an inspiration! It takes a lot of courage to stand tall in a situation like this, especially when such a touchy topic is at hand! Thanks for sharing this story. <3

Sis, how exciting that you're being featured on your university's website!! I'm SO SO proud of you! I'm going to go check out the article right now!

Let's definitely catch up this weekend!! I CAN'T WAIT to hear all about everything that's happening in your life. Love you! <3 xoxo

claireknudsen October 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I LOVE Jennifer Livingston! I JUST found your blog and am loving it already too! I saw that story and as a girl who has worked in the TV/broadcast world, my heart went out to her. People are so mean sometimes, and it hurts my heart that people feel so badly about their lives that they want to bring others down. Spread the sunshine, girlfriend!