MIMM: 10/08

by Meg on October 8, 2012

Monday! It's here! :)

And it's oh so marvelous ;)

Since I'm back in Saskatchewan spending time with my family for the long Thanksgiving weekend, I have so many marvelous things to share with you! I love being with my family and we've been having all sorts of fun together! Here's what I've been up to :)

Sushi Dinners

My family and I went out to celebrate my Dad's birthday by having a big sushi feast!
I got to share some sweet shrimp, also known as ebi, with my Dad! It was his first time having ebi, so I was excited to introduce him to something new :)

Tea Dates

I'm not the only DAVIDsTEA lover in my family; we all are! We've been to DAVIDsTEA a few times since I've been home and always enjoy our teas together <3

I have way too many favourite teas from DAVIDsTEA, but my Mom's favourite is Movie Night or Red Velvet Cake and my Dad's favourite is Toasted Walnut or anything chai!

Girl Time

My Mom and I have been spending a lot of time together…

We've gone for pedicures…

We've went downtown shopping…

and made a few purchases of course ;)

We've also snuggled together many nights on the couch. Mom snuggles are the best!

Thanksgiving Dinners

Let's just say that turkey didn't stand a chance ;)

Last night, I enjoyed my first of two Thanksgiving dinners. Tonight I'll be having Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house along with the rest of my family which includes many aunts, uncles, and cousins :)

I will never tire of turkey. I'm kind of sad I only have two Thanksgiving dinners ;) Thank goodness for leftovers!

I'm obviously really enjoying being home and I'm so lucky to have another full day here after today! My Wednesday class got cancelled, so that means I don't have to be in London until Thursday! My Mom and I cancelled my original flight which left on Tuesday, so I could have an extra day here! Now I won't be leaving until Wednesday! :)

Have a marvelous Monday, friends! :)

Emily October 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Aww…I’m SO happy that you’re enjoying the time at home with your family. I knew you would, of course! My parents came and surprised me with a short visit today and I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I was! My momma and I got manicures and we all enjoyed an amazing brunch. Family really is the best!
Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend! Eat lots of delicious leftovers for me.

Oh, and I agree- nothing beats mommy cuddles!

Stephanie @ Snacking☀nSunshine October 8, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Aw, you and your family are precious! I’m so glad you had a great time. My mom came to visit me in Toronto, and i’m going to be going home to visit the whole family next weekend (mom’s overjoyed about that one too haha). We went to David’s, and the spa, and had an adorable little vegetarian thanksgiving last night!
Love your blog, as always, meg!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Enjoy yourself at home! Family time really is the best! Your post made me smile because I love spending time with my family so much too!

cottercrunch October 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM

i need a marvelous weekend with you! sounds perfect. Snuggle time with family too. xxoo

Linz October 8, 2012 at 8:03 AM

You can have more Thanksgiving dinners if you come here in November… my mom KILLS IT at Thanksgiving.. that is HER holiday and we always have a gigantic, delicious feast! So…. come visit me? (One of these times my begging will work, I’m sure!!) Love you and glad you had a marvelous weekend!

Kierston October 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

We would have a blast together! Sushi dinners, David’s Tea, Pedicures…oh my! All things I love :) Happy you had a great Thanksgiving weekend with your family! Much love to you xo

Meg October 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Oh this makes me so excited to celebrate Thanksgiving with my fam next month :)
It also makes me want some Movie Night tea and a pedi!

Love!

Katie Gagliano (@HealthyDiva31) October 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so happy you had a great weekend with your family! Family is everything <3 How sweet you and your mom are!

Happy Monday! <3

Life's a Bowl October 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Looks like you had a wonderfully relaxing Thanksgiving and full of fun, family, and lots of love! XOXO

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM

What a marvelous weekend, indeed! Happy you got to spend some QT with your folks, Meg :) :)

athletarian October 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, Meg! So happy you’re having a wonderful time with your parents. Enjoy your second round of turkey today! Love ya.

Alex @ therunwithin October 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I am so happy you got to spend your holiday season with your family. it makes me even more excited for my thanksgiving break in novemeber when I get four days at home!

Kristi @Sweetly Fit October 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM

too much cuteness, I can’t take it, haha! You guys are adorable and I’m so happy that you are enjoying your time!! How awesome that you get some extra time there, too. Enjoy it and eat some more sushi for me,k? Love you!!!!

purelytwins October 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM

holiday season is the best – spending time with family is something we look forward to all the time!! you and your mom are adorable. and sushi dinner- yes please!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

So nice that you get some extra time with your family! Have a fantastic time! <3

kelsey @ somuchlifetolive October 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

happy thanksgiving! I have to say, reading all of my canadian blogs is making me reeaally excited for U.S. thanksgiving next month!

have a marvelous monday:)

fortheloveofkale October 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Awwww Meg! This post makes me smile so big because I know how HAPPY you are! Send love to your parents for me! <3 xoxo

Stellina October 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Sushi is just amazing isn’t it?! Looks like you are having a great time with your fam! You and your mother look like twins!!

onehealthymunchkin October 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM

It looks like you’ve been having an awesome time at home! That must have been such a nice surprise to have your class cancelled so that you can spend more time at home! I wish I could stay here longer too but I have to drive back in a few hours… Boo! :( Enjoy your next few days with your parents girl! <3

Anne@LoveMintChocolateChip October 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM

i am so jealous you are already having thanksgiving meals! my favorite holiday :) looks like a beautiful weekend with your family!

twosaucysisters October 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM

You and your family are the cutest! Say happy birthday to your dad for us! <3

sprint2thetable October 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Happy Thanksgiving! You and your mom look so sweet together. :) xo

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

How fun!!! Have a great time love!!

Tiff October 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

This makes me think of my mommy. We always get pedicures when we’re together. :)

I’ll never tire of turkey either. I get so bummed when the leftovers are all gone!

letsgetupandlive October 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Yay for additional family time! I love how close you are to your parents. This post makes me miss my parents so badly – hope I’ll be able to visit them soon again.

pluvk October 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Looks like you’re having a lot of fun!! :-) How did your dad like the ebi? That’s one of my favorites!

Ela October 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, Meg! You’re too cute, girl!

Lisa October 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Any tasty Thanksgiving recipes to share?? I get stuck in a rut every time the holiday season comes around and I’m looking to find inspiration? What do you enjoy at yours?