hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Tuesday Truths

October 16, 2012 | Uncategorized | 41 Comments

There once was Wednesday Rambles then came High Five Friday and then I went on a blogging hiatus…

I guess it's only appropriate to write a post called Tuesday Truths now? ;)

Truth #1: I'm Done My Research Paper

I had to write a research paper for my Community Nutrition course and I am proud to say that I put my heart and soul into it! :) I have spent many nights typing away while sipping on tea…

Truth #2: Truth #1 was a Lie

Ok, so I'm not totally done my research paper. I still have to work on those references… Ugh. After I publish this post I'll get right on that…

Truth #3: Every Day I Return From Class I Have No Nail Polish Left on My Nails

When I get stressed, I pick all of the nail polish off of my nails. I have re-painted my nails every night for as long as I can remember…

Truth #4: I've Spent More Hours on FaceTime Than Ever Before This Past Weekend

Due to high stress levels stemming from school, I've needed my Mommy more than ever and she has definitely delivered her support. We've been FaceTiming for hours upon hours with each other. Technology is such a blessing <3

Truth #5: I'm Addicted to These Pickled Jalapenos

I've been loving them in salads, scrambled eggs, and alone. Yum.

Truth #6: I've Had the Same Lunch Two Days in a Row

Despite my preference for variety, I couldn't help myself but have this salad two days in a row. It is so good. Please try it.

Spinach, black beans, mushrooms, red onion, avocado, pickled jalapenos (obviously), fresh dill, chicken, and BBQ sauce!

You can also take a vegetarian spin on this salad, too! Just leave out the chicken!

Truth #7: I Took Pictures of My Salad Yesterday While in Class and the Sound Went Off

I couldn't help myself. When something is this incredibly delicious, I have to take a picture. Unfortunately, the sound on my phone wasn't turned off… Oops.

Truth #8: I Baked My Chicken Plain

Now if this isn't the definition of lazy or uncreative I don't know what is…

Naked chicken breasts baked at 425 degrees F until fully cooked. Someone who doesn't know me would have know idea that I'm a foodie by the looks of that…

Truth #9: Yesterday Was the First Day in Forever that I Never Went to DAVIDsTEA

Now that is called discipline, friends! Don't worry… I was sipping on DAVIDsTEA at home (and in class) all day ;)

Truth #10: I Set a New PR

This PR wasn't set in the gym, though. I set a new personal record for the amount of days I went without blogging. I went a total of three days without blogging and, as hard as it was, it was so necessary and fulfilling. When I blog, I don't want to whip out a post "just because." I want to give you something. I want to blog because I have something to say. I want to blog when life allows me to blog. I would have never been able to complete my research paper on time if I had blogged all weekend, so I am really proud of myself for taking some time off :)

Tell me a truth of yours!

When you get stressed how do you cope? Do you turn to your Mom?

What meal is your favourite currently?

P.s. High Five Friday will still be taking place this week, so don't forget to submit your high fives to me by emailing me at adashofmeg@gmail.com with the subject as "High Five Friday". Please include a description of your high five, your name, and your picture or URL if you want! :)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

41 Comments

I love jalapenos. So good on pizzas, salads, and of course anything remotely Mexican ;-) I always hated having to do the references.

October 16, 2012

Now I want to make a pizza with jalapeños!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots

October 16, 2012

I am glad I am not the only one who perpetually chips her nails. I think I need to order some David’s tea soon! Good luck finishing that research paper!

Thanks love bug :D

EverdayLivingPNW

October 16, 2012

Ed’s Truth: I will be going on vacation on Friday and I can not freaking wait. i mean seriously if I could fast forward to Thursday night I would right now!

Claire @ Live & Love to Eat

October 16, 2012

I always picked my nailpolish off during class or long meetings at work – more out of boredom than stress for me, though! Congrats on finishing the paper!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint

October 16, 2012

This is lame, but lately I have been obsessed with entering all those stupid drawings at the bottom of receipts. Hey, I figured I’ll win eventually!

Stress: workout, or play with my dog.

Fave meal as of late: Sushi! (Tried it for the first time this past weekend)

October 16, 2012

first time!? NICE JOB GIRL!

letsgetupandlive

October 16, 2012

Aww, such a great Truth #4. There’s never enough time spent with one’s mum, really.

Aren’t references the most annoying part of writing papers? Sure, they are incredibly important but a pain to collect at the end.

My truth for today would have to do with university, too: I procrastinated reading the paper and chatting on Facebook rather than working intensely on a paper for class because “I still have two more weeks until due date”. Ahem, yes.

October 16, 2012

HAHA! :) You make me smile :) Good luck on your paper :)

dani

October 16, 2012

that salad looks so good!! what bbq sauce do you use?

I LOVE Bulls Eye lol

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

October 16, 2012

To relieve stress I try to be ultra efficient, and get whatever is causing me such anxiety, done! Also, breaking a sweat helps, too. :)

Yes! The gym helped this morning :D

Alex @ therunwithin

October 16, 2012

I love this! So funny about the sound picture, i always fear that when I take a picture on the metro that will happen. glad you found the no blogging thing to be a release! we all need that sometimes

October 16, 2012

So happy you loved this babe! I’ve missed ya

Addie

October 16, 2012

I am the same way about picking off my nail polish! It drives my boyfriend nuts, but nail polish never stays on more than 1 day for me, usually not more than 12 hours. I love picking it off. I finally got a shellac manicure (You have to try it) and it stayed on 3 days.. it’s supposed to last 3 weeks. It peeled of so nicely, I loved it.

October 16, 2012

HAHA! You made me smile :D I need to try shellac… I’ve been saying that forever :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles

October 16, 2012

Definitely what moms are for. :-)

Becki

October 16, 2012

Number three is SO me! I had to re-paint my nails today because it was too late when I got home from class last night. :-)

I’ve missed you girl, but so glad you’re taking the time you need. <3 Love you!

I’ve missed you too :( Thanks for the sweet comment. I love you so much

Geselle

October 16, 2012

Oh I definatly need my mom when I am stressed.. or my sister.. she is my rock.
    I generally go to the gymwhen I am stressed.. Pound out some cardio or weights, come home and shower, do my nails , and watch pretty liars.. OR go to Davids Tea ! :-)

Favorite meal ? So hard right now. I am reallly trying to actually make my food more appealing , rather than just throwing something in a bowl.. id have to say eggs though. . runny eggs,and eizkeill toast :)

ahhhh yes ;) EGGS <3

Candice

October 16, 2012

I love those peppers! Way to go with getting that paper done! well.. almost :)
    I have never tried davids tea? Where can I find some?
    How is your training going? I miss hearing about it!
    xoxo

October 16, 2012

AHHHH YOU MUST TRY DAVIDSTEA!!!!!!! You can order online :)

peaceloveandoats

October 16, 2012

I used to call my mom when I was in college but now I don’t because I hate it when she worries too much about me! Haha and I’ve facetimed with my dad, well whatever the equivalent is on gchat. I think I’m so funny when I put my eye up to the camera… He reminds me I’ve done it a million times…

AHHHHH LET’S GCHAT! I miss you :(

Whitney

October 16, 2012

Thanks for the blog post idea! : )

YAY!!!!!!!! :)

Linz

October 16, 2012

Yes I definitely turn to my mom!! I’m sorry you’ve been super stressed girly :( :( Remember, I’m just a facetime away, too!! xoxo

Oh my goodness. PLEASE! Let’s talk this weekenddddd <3

When I’m stressed out, I turn to my hubby! He is the only one that can calm me down. :) I hope you finished that paper!!

Health, Love, and Chocolate

October 16, 2012

My mom is actually coming over for dinner tonight and I am cooking for us. Cooking plus seeing my mom will definitely result in my stress levels going down a bit I’m sure!

October 16, 2012

AHHHH HOW FUN!!!!!!!!! Tell me more :D I want to hear all about your night :D!!!!!

Gina

October 17, 2012

It was fabulous! I made us maple glazed cod and a fall salad recipe that I’m going to post on the blog and then we looked at pictures from her Europe trip over tea (my new David’s marshmallow balck tea!). I figured you’d enjoy the seafood and tea aspect. :-)

Angela

October 16, 2012

I love David’s teas but they’re so expensive!! Do you ever feel guilty for drinking such an expensive cup of tea? lol

many of my eats are pretty much the same, haha

and yes love live video chats! Lori and I are always chatting on gchat :)

We need to gchat!!!! :D <3

katiemoves

October 16, 2012

Truth: Tomorrow will be my third day in a row with something involving Tuna..i can’t help i love it so :)

October 16, 2012

HAHA! Awesome girl :D I love it too!