Thankful Thursday: 10/18

by Meg on October 18, 2012

Some of my best blog friends often write things that they are thankful for on Thursdays or at the end of their daily posts. To put it simply, they've inspired me to write a Thankful Thursday post of my own and maybe make it a weekly thing! :)

These Thankful Thursday posts will include a week's worth of things that I am thankful for :)

Everyday for a week I have documented one thing that I am thankful for! :)
Here's my list from the past week:

I am thankful for…

Friday, October 12 – Having a great friend like Chelsea who is always willing to go out for sushi with me!

Saturday, October 13 – Going out for tea with a new friend that I made this year!

Sunday, October 14 – Having a Mom who supports me no matter what!

Monday, October 15 – The librarian at Brescia who comforted me and relieved my stresses due to my research paper.

Tuesday, October 16 – Having a FaceTime date with Abby!

Wednesday, October 17 – Having a FaceTime date with Brittany

Thursday, October 18 – Waking up to two messages from friends saying that they "loved" yesterday's post! :)

I hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to join in by telling me something you're thankful for below! :)

Did you enjoy this new post idea?

Would you like to see more Thankful Thursdays?

Would you be interested in writing your own Thankful Thursday post?

Remember to send me your high fives for tomorrow's High Five Friday post! If you're a new reader, please read more about High Five Friday here and don't be shy to join in on the celebration! :)

Love love love,

Fionana October 18, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Hey Meg!!

Love this idea. Definitely something I would want to join in on and see more of. Keep doing what you love girl!!

Nancy October 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I’m thankful for my amazing (but quick) visit to see my family in Newfoundland, over the Thanksgiving week. I had a great time, but definitely missing it.

Happy Friday Junior, Meg! :)

Linz October 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM

There really is so much in life to be thankful for!! Love you!! xoxo

Katie Gagliano (@HealthyDiva31) October 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Great post! I am thankful for so many things every day! Have a beautiful day girl! <3

Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) October 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM

SO LOVELY!! Yay THANKFUL THURSDAY!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I love reading these posts <3 Ya got lots to be thankful for, girl! :)

fortheloveofkale October 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Beautiful!!!! <3 I'm thankful for YOU and your constant positive spirit and encouragement. Love you, babe.

Alex @ therunwithin October 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

those are awesome things to be thankful for! so adorable, i love your sushi dates

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM

awww!! I had so much fun chatting with you love!! Can’t wait to do it again. You are a sweetheart, and I’m thankful for you!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I love the idea of thankful Thursdays! Such a great idea! I am thankful to have a fabulous mom who I am so close too and would love sharing something I am thankful for every week! I think it’s awesome to always have gratitude!

onehealthymunchkin October 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Aww I’m thankful to have you as a friend (and for our dinner dates!) as well!

Also you and Alexandra must be on the same brain waves today for your posts! ;)

EverdayLivingPNW October 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I do good news thursday buit i guess thankful thursday makes more sense lol! Cool post it is nice to read about positive things going on with everyone’s life!

C. October 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Do you order a bowl of rice with your beloved sashimis at japanese restaurants or do you only eat plain proteins?

Wish you good luck with your school paper :)

xoxo

cottercrunch October 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM

i want face time with all of you and let’s make it a sushi date! k? thankful! <3

abznoats October 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Aww :)) this makes me smile so much! Thankful Thursday is a great idea!

Life's a Bow October 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Love Thankful Thursday’s! I’ve done a few myself and think they’re great :) It’s sometimes the littlest things in life that can mean the most and taking the time to thank whoever shared them with you can be so touching :)

Avery October 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM

A little off topic here, but I’m a total David’sTea virgin (for shame, I know, I know) and, as I’ve finally decided to take the leap and order some online, I was wondering your top recommendation would be for a first-timer (the fall collection looks incredible!!) You seem like quite the David’sTea guru.

Also, on another note, I’m really thankful for dry cappuccinos, a family that’s pretty kick-ass (If I do say so myself), and $2/lb. honeycrisp apples. It’s the little things (and the big, incredible, beautiful things that are actually people) that make this chilly weather and busy month completely survivable.

Meg October 19, 2012 at 12:04 AM

YAY!!!!!! YOU MAKE ME SO HAPPY! I am honoured you came to me for some recommendations! :)

It’s REALLY hard for me to pick favourites, so it would help me to know what YOU like!

The teas I drink on a daily basis are:

- Brazillionaire
- Gold Rush
- Cinnamon Rooibos Chai
- Coffee Puerh
- Ginger Puerh
- Bravissimo
- Banana Nut Bread
- Ever Green
- Blueberry Jam
- Pineapple Oolong
- Banana Oolong
- Toasted Walnut

Wowwww I could keep going :) you can always email me and tell me what YOU personally like in a tea and then I can tell you their best fruity teas/spicy teas etc.!

xoxo

claireknudsen October 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

What a cute idea! I would LOVE to write a Thankful Thursday. This is such a cute post. Real talk soon? It’s long overdue doll!

Brittany October 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I love the idea of blogger FaceTime dates!! And I love thankful Thursday!

pluvk October 18, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I love Thankful Thursdays! It’s nice to take a moment and count all the great blessings in life. And now I want sushi after that pic!

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body October 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM

These are all such great things to be thankful for. I love how a lot of the things you are thankful for are outings with friends and being social. What an inspiration!

Ellyn October 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Meg, I love every one of your posts. You never fail to make me smile :)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish October 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I love Thankful Thursday posts! It’s easy to forget how much we have to be thankful for, especially when we’re stressed by school/work/family issues etc. We’re truly SO SO blessed! As Cait says, “blessed to be stressed.” I love that phrase, and try to remind myself of it when I’m feeling particularly overwhelmed.

Sis, I’m thankful for YOU!! Thank you for your support this week. It truly meant so much. <3 I can't wait to chat with you sooooon! xoxoxo <3

Jen October 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I LOVE Thankful Thursday! This is a regular feature on one of the blogs (aside from this one) that I currently read & I think it’s wonderful…such a great reminder to think about and appreciate your blessings – I think that this is good for EVERYONE! :) Also love your idea of sharing one thankful moment for each day!

Today, I am thankful that my beloved St. Louis Cardinals are one win away from the World Series..,WOOHOO!!! GO CARDS!!!!! Even more thankful for my AMAZING family & friends!!! :)