MIMM: 10/22

by Meg on October 22, 2012

I always feel like singing on Mondays! :) They are just so marvelous ;)

Good thing I don't have any roomies because I really am not a good singer 8-)

Speaking of singing…

Let's talk about some of the things that have made my heart sing as of late! :)

1. My new sweater

My Mom and Dad bought me a little "welcome home" sweater when I cam home for Thanksgiving earlier this month. It's from a new clothing boutique that opened up in my hometown called LoSa Chic.

2. Foodie Nights with Friends

My friend came over for a movie night and she informed me that she hadn't had dinner yet! So, I quickly whipped us up some eggies :)

My friend enjoyed her eggs folded over with spinach and dill while I had mine sweet-style with cinnamon and almond butter.

3. Being with Friends!

Reflecting back on the past week, I've realized that I have spent quite a bit of time with my friends! No wonder I'm so happy :) Friends make me happy and I make sure that they are always a priority in my life <3

What would life be without friends, right?

4. Big Servings of Oat Bran!

I should just say bigger portions in general…

That's the only way these muscles are going to grow! ;)

5. Bangs!

I got my haircut on Saturday morning and the bangs are back! My hair grows crazy fast, so they won't last long… but, as always, they'll be back – don't worry Cait ;)

6. Slap Ya Mama!

My girl Brittany sent me this gem in the mail recently and I am in love! I've spiced my eggs with it every morning since breaking the seal!

7. Singing in Church

I went to mass yesterday morning and it started my day on the perfect note <3

8. Lifting heavy

Yesterday I trained my shoulders, biceps, and core at the gym. I was without my trainer, but was still able to push out more reps than last week. I definitely have my motivation and drive back. It feels so good to be "with it" again.

9. Mondays!

Even though I'm on campus for a long time on Mondays and have a steady 6 hours of lecture, I love Mondays! Since I have Friday through Sunday off from school the weekends can sometimes get pretty long and drag out, so I always look forward to Mondays :)

Have a great Monday, friends!

Love love love,

What is your favourite part about your Monday?

What has made your heart sing lately?

Please start sending me your high five submissions for this week's High Five Friday! For more information please read more about High Five Friday here.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 22, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Looks like a great weekend! I spent time with friends at a wine tasting. So good for the soul! Happy Monday!

Fiona October 22, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Loooooove the bangs !!!! You look gorgeous!!

My favorite thing about my Monday is this is my back and bis day!! My two favorite muscles to workout!! Also, a new lecture is released for my Health Coaching Course!! I really love learning about something I am passionate about!!! My heart sang yesterday for two reasons!! My hubby and I got a date night!! They don’t happen as often after having a baby since you want to spend all your time and money on your kiddies BUT with some great inlaws and a movie gift card we went out!! Also, I got a new little girl in my home daycare (I opened so I could stay home and raise our daughter ) and her mom told me after meeting me once that ” she loved that she feels like she can trust me” being a mom I know that trust does NOT come easy. Definite heart singing!!

Xoxox love ya girl!!

Ps. Progress pics of the muscle!!

sloanepitman October 22, 2012 at 6:51 AM

oooh I LOVE your bangs! SO adorable :) and that sweater is fabulous. I’ve been searching for the “perfect’ sweater lately ha. I’m so glad you got to spend time with friends. That is SO marvelous. I spend a lot of time this weekend with friends too and I’m so glad I did. Love you and can’t wait for our skype date!

Katie Gagliano (@HealthyDiva31) October 22, 2012 at 7:27 AM

The bangs are super cute! I am growing mine out because they are a pain! I think when spring or summer comes, I will get them again ;)

Friend time is marvelous! Glad you had a great weekend with great friends!

The sweater is super cute, love it!

Happy Monday and thank you for joining in! <3

Linz October 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Being with many other FitFluential Ambassadors have made my heart sing lately!! Love the bangs pretty lady!!

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body October 22, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Yes, oatbran! One of my favourite oatmeal type breakfasts. I love all the friend pictures, you look completely happy in all of them! Your bangs look beautiful. I also have bangs (not quite the same style as yours), but I can totally relate to how fast they grow out! Have a great start to your week! :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM

So many marvelous things! Love that sweater! Looks so warm and cozy! Bangs are awesome! I’m so proud of you too for having so much dedication towards your muscle building! You are such an inspiration!

Caitlin October 22, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Squeee bangs. Good to know that they will be back once they grow out! There are lots of marvelous things in this post. Lucky you! I actually enjoyed days I had a lot of lectures too. I always felt so productive and I’m often super eager to learn. To me 6 hours of lecture sounds fun! Haha

Alex @ therunwithin October 22, 2012 at 9:24 AM

i adore that sweater. i am so happy you got so much friend time! love hearing you bubbling on the other end of the blog!

kelsey @ somuchlifetolive October 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM

cute haircut! I just got bangs, too, and I love how they don’t last too long. Haha. It’s nice to switch things up for just a bit!

GOtheXtraMile October 22, 2012 at 10:15 AM

You are freaking gorgeous my friend!!! Love your hair! Glad you had such a great weekend<3

Stellina October 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Love that sweater! And you can totally pull of bangs my friend! Super cute :)

4loveofcarrots October 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM

you look soo good with bangs! Glad you had such a great weekend, girlfriends are the best I miss mine, I wish they were around!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 22, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Your hair is so cute!!!! I’m so glad are loving your slap ya mama!! :) I am having it for lunch today and I’m thinking of you! ;)

abznoats October 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM

You are so beautiful! :) That Slap Ya Mama seasoning makes me laugh so hard every time I see it. My step dad bought it for me as a stocking stuffer for Christmas last year. lol.

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia October 22, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Yay to singing in church! You look gorgeous in every pic! How do you do it?! Happy Monday! xo

peaceloveandoats October 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I love the sweater and the bangs! Have a great week, Meg!!!

julie October 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM

LOVEEEEEEEEEE those bangs girl! such a perfect haircut for you – and your rentals have great fashion sense haha

Katie@Real Food Katie's Way October 22, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I love the bangs!! They look so good on you! Bangs and me do not get along at all…I look so SILLY!

I love Monday because I finish the day with an intense yoga class! Though I have a headache today and that makes it a tad more difficult, I still love the Monday night yoga!

Michelle October 22, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hi Meg!!! I miss you! I’m not gonna lie – I love being back in school but I’m ready for this semester to be over! We can make it :-)

Eva @ committed2nutrition October 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM

You are beautiful!!!! loving the bangs…just adorable! Sounds like an incredible weekend, too :)

My favorite part about Monday is just reflecting on ridiculously busy weekends..hellooo being 28 and ever single one of my friends is getting married or havnig baby’s..ahh!

Life's a Bowl October 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM

This post is adorable and those bangs are banging, you look fabulous!!! My marvelous Monday: getting our wedding pictures :D

katiemoves October 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM

It was a rough Monday for me to get back into work after an awesome birthday weekend but it’s okay :) love your hair and sweater. Looks like some quality friend time as well

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit October 22, 2012 at 4:25 PM

the sweater, the bangs, just gorgeous! Can I please be one of the cool friends you hang out with? haha, love you!

EverdayLivingPNW October 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Looks like you have a great group of friends there!

letsgetupandlive October 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Your bangs look great! And yay for time spent with friends. Seeing as I’m not able to see my family all that often I plan on spending more time with my friends around here, too. I love how friends accept you just for who you are.

Heather @ Better With Veggies October 22, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Love the bangs! I cut my own between trimmings, way too lazy to go back to the salon all the time. :) And today is awesome because I had a slow morning before work and got to relax!

Lori and Michelle (@purelytwins) October 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

you do not want to here me singing! haha But yesterday I will admit I got my dance groove on :) xoxo michelle

Gina October 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

My Mondays are the same way, whole day on campus and 6 hours of lecture but I love them nonetheless! Love the bangs. :-)

Kammie October 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I’ve had to say I’ve never had my eggs sweet… strange… like, I can’t imagine how it would taste like but I’m too wary to try it haha. Btw you look beautiful in all the pictures!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish October 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I love your fresh cut bangs and your “welcome home” sweater! However, I OF COURSE love you more! I’m so glad you were able to spend time with friends over the weekend; it looks like you had fun playing outside! :) Ooh, and eggs with cinnamon and almond butter?! Where have they been all my life? I must try these, sis.

The best part of my Monday was taking a break from writing to watch the presidential debate with my housemates + 10 of our friends tonight! We all drank wine (ok, the guys drank beer), ate chocolate, and cracked jokes. It was so much fun, and much needed relaxation time!

I’m going to text you tomorrow to figure out when we can chat! I need Meg updates! <3 xoxo

laurence October 23, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Meg ! It’s been a while !

Look at you ! So gorgeous and grown up =)

I kept reading your blog but I’ve been so busy with my life, I barely had time to post …

KEEP Going, you are awesome

Becki October 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I am love love loving the bangs!!! I have a cowlick so can’t keep bangs, which is such a bummer.

My favourite part about this past Monday (I added the “u” just for you!) was finally turning in a paper I had been stressing over. Nothing better than the feeling of just being done!