A Yummy October

by Meg on October 30, 2012

For the past few months, I've been challenging myself to try more of your recipes! October was a very successful month in doing so and I am so excited to show you what I've tried and loved! :)

Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte by Brittany

This was absolutely delicious! I don't even feel guilty for never experiencing a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte – I know this is better!

Shaved Asparagus with Parmesan Vinaigrette from Bon Appetit

I always wanted to shave asparagus and I am so happy I finally did this month! It was interesting. I didn't love it, but would definitely give it another chance!

Squash Porridge by Ricki

loved this! I've made it multiple times :)

Pumpkin Noatmeal by Girl Meets Paleo

This recipe turned out really good. I've done a few different versions of "noatmeal" so far, but I think I like Julie's the best!

Garlic Cauliflower and Pumpkin Mash by Irena

This was delicious! I'll definitely make it again and I loved the look of it, too! How pretty does it look with paprika sprinkled on top!? So gorgeous.

I served it along with pork tenderloin and some unpictured vegetables.

Almond Ginger Dressing by Aylin

One of my favourite recipes from the month! I've made this multiple times and always look forward to having it! :)

Mounds Pancakes by Nora

These were really good, but I don't have a blog-worthy picture!

Chocolate Brownie Waffles by Cara

In my opinion, I prefered these waffles/pancakes to the ones above. I've made these about three times over the past month – they were that good! Once again, no pretty picture! Sometimes I am just too darn hungry and stuff my face before even thinking about taking a picture… ;)

I'm so excited for November! I already have a list of recipes that I'm wanting to try! :)

Have you tried any recipes worth sharing lately?

Have you tried any of the recipes I shared above?

Which recipe above is most appealing to you?

Love,

P.s. email me your HIGH FIVE FRIDAY submissions! If you're new to HFF, don't be shy! Read more about it here and email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com! :)

Sarah October 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Love that you’re working to try out other blogger recipes :) The pumpkin noatmeal sounds really good, I’m running late to joining this band-wagon as this stuff is all over blog world/IG!

Ricki October 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Such a great lineup of recipes! I must try that cauli-pumpkin mash–sounds delicious! And thanks so much for including my squash porridge here (and so glad you liked it! I have it at least once or twice every week in cooler weather). :D

Kierston October 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Great recipes! I’ll definitely be checking out some of these!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

What a great collection of different recipes! I’ve been trying new things, too! Last week was a pumpkin chili, and this week was French onion soup (I’ll be posting about that one soon!). I love finding inspiration from other bloggers–so many great ideas out there!

sprint2thetable October 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I used to love shaved asparagus. I’m a little over asparagus at the moment though. ;)

Mounds pancakes? THAT sounds appealing. xo

Miranda @ Biting Life October 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Oh man that mashed cauliflower and pumpkin looks delicious!! It sounds like it would be so weird… I’ve never heard of that combination before, haha. But I’m so intrigued that I’m definitely going to have to make it now!

Cara October 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Aww, thank you! Glad you liked them! Love Ricki’s porridge too and that cauliflower/pumpkin mash sounds delish!

Ellen October 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I’m so intrigued by squash porridge! I myself am somewhat obsessed with tomato toast right now. Sooooo easy and good. And nice and warm. Anyway, if you want to make it, recipe is here: http://scrumptiousgruel.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/tomato-toast/

Health, Love, and Chocolate October 31, 2012 at 12:30 AM

THese all look so good! You have definitely inspired me to try some of recipes from other blogs that I have had bookmarked forever.

onehealthymunchkin October 31, 2012 at 8:26 AM

That almond ginger sauce sounds so good – definitely pinning that one to try!

I’ve been trying out a bunch of blogger recipes lately too! Some of my favourites have been black bean and sweet potato enchiladas from Oh She Glows and kale and mushroom quesadillas from Eat, Live, Run.

EverdayLivingPNW October 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Love the looks of that latte! I just had my first eggnog latte of the season…it was fan-freaking-tastic…would love to see a recipe for one of those!

athletarian October 31, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I love when you do these posts!! I have been looking for a new pancake recipe so I’m going to check these out! Thank you :)

Life's a Bowl October 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I’ve never shaved my asparagus but it sounds interesting! I love zucchini and squash ribbons, kinda the same?! Anddd I’m all about coconut + chocolate for breakfast! I made a verion of Mounds pancakes earlier this month that I am now craving :P

Brittany November 3, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I love that you share your experience trying other bloggers recipes. Ricki’s Squash Porridge looks amazing and I want to try the almond ginger dressing as well! and Thanks so much for featuring my pumpkin spice latte!