12/27: Thankful Thursday

by Meg on December 27, 2012

It's Christmas holidays, I've been home for a lovely ten days, and I'm constantly surrounded by my amazing family and friends. The list could go on and on about all that I am thankful for, but why don't we just carry on with my weekly Thankful Thursday post? :)

Friday, Dec. 21st – On Friday I was thankful for meeting up with two friends in a single day! I met up with one friend for lunch and the other for an evening tea date! :)

Saturday, Dec. 22nd – On Saturday I was thankful for seeing friends whom I hadn't seen in nearly four years! It was like a big high school reunion! :)

Sunday, Dec. 23rd – On Sunday I was thankful for FaceTiming my "sister" Sara :)

Monday, Dec. 24th – On Monday I was thankful for visitng with some family members, such as my second cousins, whom I rarely see.

Tuesday, Dec. 25th – On Tuesday I was thankful for having so many fun family traditions! :) One of my favourites being the crab feast which takes place every Christmas Day.

Wednesday, Dec. 26th – On Wednesday I was thankful for having my ideal boxing day. As much as I love to shop, I always receive so much for Christmas, so I really don't like taking part in the crazy Boxing Day shopping. On Wednesday, I spent the entire morning at home with my family. I baked some more sweet potato biscuits and simply enjoyed being home for the holidays! :) I was also able to get to the gym for a shoulder, biceps, and core workout which made me feel great, too :) This is what I did:

Boxing Day Upper Body Workout

DB shoulder press 1 warm up set of 12 reps followed by 3 x 8 – 10 with a heavier weight

Upright barbell row 3 x 10

DB lateral raise 3 x 8 – 10

Seated rear delt DB raise 3 x 8 – 10

Barbell curl 3 x 8 – 10

Cable rope curl 3 x 8 – 10

Alternating DB curl 3 x 8 – 10

Cable crunch 3 x 20

V-ups on bench 3 x 15 – 20

Thursday, Dec. 27th – Today I am thankful for knowing my boyfriend will be waiting at the airport for me in London :) I always arrive to the airport without anyone awaiting me, so this is really exciting for me to have someone pick me up! :)

What are you thankful for today?

Remember! Tomorrow is High Five Friday, so please email me with your submissions! :)

I hope you enjoyed this week's Thankful Thursday post! Enjoy your day!

Love,

TorontoRunner December 27, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Looks like you've had lots of family and friends time. Catching  up and having reunions with old friends is THE best…and especially if it's like nothing's changed through the years and you pick up where you left off!

Tiff December 27, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Awww, you and your sis are so pretty!  :D  I am thankful for my family.  They're still traveling, so I hope they get home from the holidays safely.

Kim @ Redefining Kim December 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Today I am thankful for having extra time off from work so that I could visit with family and friends.

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness December 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Love this! So happy you got to spend so much time with friends and family! That's always the best :)

Linz @ Itz Linz December 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

aw yay for your bf meeting you! have an AMAZING trip!!

Ashley December 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I am thankful for getting to spend time with you on Christmas Eve! :) have a safe flight back.

Julie December 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Looks like a fantastic workout that I'll have to try next time!

Health, Love, and Chocolate December 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I'm so glad you had a wonderful holiday with your family girlie! Today I am thankful for getting to spend the morning hiking with friends.

IHeartVegetables December 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM

It sounds like you had a great christmas!!! :) Have a fantasitc 2013!!

purelymichelle December 28, 2012 at 7:54 AM

So thankful for so many things – mainly for having such an amazing family to spend the holidays with!!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish December 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Oh, sis, you already know this, but I am SO SO thankful for you! Every single day! I hope you made it home safely last night, and that it felt amazing walking into the arms of your man. ;)

I think that might be the most unflattering picture of me ever. ;) Hehe. Nonetheless, I can't WAIT for our next chatt! xoxoxo<3

Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

OoOoo it's such a nice feeling to have somebody (especially your lover) waiting for you at the airport!  And I love the airport, hehe.  I hope you had a great trip to London~