12/31: MIMM

by Meg on December 31, 2012

Good morning, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and your Monday is marvelous :)

thehealthydiva

My weekend has been amazing. Although I love visiting my parents back home in Saskatchewan, London is my new home and I love every moment that I am here!

Although many marvelous things have taken place this weekend, I think it’s more important to focus on all of the marvelous things that have taken place over the course of 2012 as today is New Years Eve! :)

Academically, this past term of university was my best year of university yet! I pulled off some great marks and am very proud of myself. I received 100% on my Food Production placement and received 1 of 5 positions in an independent study course that will be taking place this coming term.

Physically, I have never been stronger than I am today. I am now squatting more than 1.5 times my bodyweight and am so happy about how far I have come. Before I started training with my personal trainer, I had no where near the confidence in the gym as I do now.

Mentally, I have made huge strides away from the ED that consumed me many years ago. Although thoughts still creep in from time to time, I am able to reject them and do what is right for me and my body. Restrictions and rules evolving around food do not rule my life as they once did. I am strong mentally and very proud.

I have met so many new friends this year that I know will continue to be a huge part of my life. It’s a blessing to have these people in my life and I truly appreciate all of the new friendships that I have made throughout 2012.

I have been fortunate enough to visit many beautiful places this year, as well. Travelling is a passion of mine and the beaches in Barbados, old building in Boston, and waterfalls in Ontario have all been highlights of my year.

Overall, 2012 has been an amazing year. Despite the loss of Cuddles…

I have been able to hold on to her through memories, keep smiling, and make some new friendships along the way…

I am not planning to make any New Years resolutions, but I know 2013 is the beginning of something amazing

Happy New Years Eve, love bugs!

Thank you for all of the support over 2012 :) Let’s make 2013 even better <3

For those of you going out tonight, be safe! My boyfriend and I are just staying in tonight, making a nice salmon dinner for ourselves, and probably watching The Big Bang Theory :) It seems to be the favourite around here!

Love,

What are you doing for New Years Eve?

What are some of your favourite memories of 2012?

Do you make resolutions for the new year?

cottercrunch December 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

what a year! and so much you have overcome and GAINED! Look back tonight and toast yourself! with tea of course.
;-)

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I will definitely be having tea tonight :)

Love you my twin! Hoping to meet you this coming year xo

Kristi @Sweetly Fit December 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM

You are amazing. I know you will accomplish even more this upcoming year and I will be cheering your on all the way! LOVE YOU!

Kristi @Sweetly Fit December 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

you* ;)

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I love you so much, Kristi <3 hoping to meet you this coming year!!

Julie December 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Looks like you had a fantastic year! I went on a great vacation more recently that was full of realizations. I hate typing them all though – it’s such a task!

I try to make resolutions so this year, I’m not making any. I have goals, but they’re goals I’ve had for awhile now. :)

Lisa December 31, 2012 at 3:09 PM

How fantastic! You’ve done such wonderful things this year, heres to another better year;) Let’s skype soon! xox

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

PLEASE <3 miss you girl

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM

you have certainly come very far in a year! I feel very fortunate to have been able to meet you and follow you through your journey! I hope you enjoy your evening and can’t wait to see what 2013 brings you!

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Oh sweetheart <3 you made me smile and glow! Hoping to get to know you more this coming year – I am so blessed to have met you too!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish December 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Aww, sis, your words made me teary! In the happiest way possible! The joy and gratitude overflowing in the post is BEAUTIFUL and comes straight from the heart. <3 I am so so SO proud of you for following your heart, and being true to yourself! You've come a million miles this year, and I KNOW 2013 is going to be even more amazing! Love you to pieces! I can't wait to see you again in the New Year. Have a wonderful evening with your lucky man! XOXOXO <3

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I cannot wait to see you in 2013 either, sis! And I included that picture of you for a very special reason – you mean the world to me and are TRULY my sister

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables December 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM

What a great year!! Maybe in 2013 we will finally get to meet! xoxo

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

we WILL Brittany :) we HAVE to xoxoxo

Love you

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach December 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM

You did have quite a marvelous year!! I’m so thrilled we have been able to connect and I’m hoping we can meet in 2013!

I’m staying in this evening as well, picked up some goodies from Whole Foods and will probably not stay up til midnight. I’ll be one happy camper in the morning when everyone else is nursing a hangover!

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Oh sweetie! I am so happy we connected, too! You are so special to me and I am so excited to grow our friendship even more in 2013 :)

Have a great night :) It sounds like one I would love

Luvena Cervantes December 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Hi Meg!!!

I’m not making any resolutions this year either! I am going along with my church’s theme of ’2013 the year of expectancy’ so I am just going to expect GREAT things this coming year! I don’t go out for New Years it gets WAY to crazy for this girl and I am honestly a homebody :0).

PS. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the big bang theory!!!!! I would SO marry Sheldon LOL!!!! BAZZINGA :0).

Have GREAT New Years Eve and day with your boyfriend.

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM

You will have a wonderful 2013 :)

love you girl

purelymichelle December 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Girl…sister you are amazing! Never forget that…you have accomplished so much! And your future looks bright :) Lori and I hope to one day meet you!

xoxo

Meg December 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM

We have to meet this year, sis! You girls mean so much to me! Enjoy your new years!!

Lainee Adair December 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Happy New Year Meg! You have been such a pleasure to read over the last few months since I discovered your blog. I presonally, will be watching Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve of course! My hubby is snoring nearby, the dogs are curled up asleep, and it’s just me and my son. I don’t usually make resolutions but I have set a few new goals and am looking forward to accomplishing many things this year! Good luck to you and lots of xo’s!

~Lainee

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness January 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Happy New Year Meg! Have a healthy and happy year ahead!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist January 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM

What an amazing year! I lost my dog too which was really hard. But it’s been an amazing year for me too and I’m just looking forward to all the great things to come!