hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

01/03: Thankful Thursday

January 3, 2013 | Thankful Thursday | 21 Comments

Good morning, loves! I hope everyone’s having a great week so far!

I’m definitely enjoying being on holidays. A lot of relaxing is taking place – so lovely! I am definitely thankful that today is a growth (a.k.a. rest) day because yesterday I had my best back workout yet and my body needs to recover now!

543789_446202248768660_1906571669_n

Here are some other things that I am thankful for this week:

Friday, December 28 – Being back in London and training with my personal trainer for the first time in over a week! We had a great back workout! It was exactly what I needed :) I felt like I came back with more strength because I didn’t go as heavy with my weights while I was home for the holidays because I didn’t have a spotter.

Saturday, December 29 – Being able to write a blog post! My blog was having technical issues on Friday, but everything was fixed by Saturday. So, High Five Friday #46 was delayed, but I was still very thankful to be able to celebrate everyone’s achievements! :)

Sunday, December 30 – My beautiful friend (inside and out), Caitlin! She is truly a gem and I always glow with happiness when she tags me in pictures of her seafood meals! :)

Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 10.10.07 AM Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 10.10.17 AM

Monday, December 31 – Spending New Years Eve with my boyfriend. I am so happy I chose to come back to London for New Years Eve. Although we didn’t go out and attend a big celebration, we had our own perfect celebration at home :) Nothing beats a night of The Big Bang Theory! ;)

Tuesday, January 1 – Going for a morning walk with my favourite Husky <3

Wednesday, January 2 – Meeting a new friend! Recently, I was introduced to a wonderful new person who I know is going to have a huge impact on my life. Her name is Emily Fowler and she is an OPA National Level Figure Athlete and one of the sweetest people I know! I am so proud and thankful to say that she is my new friend :)

Thursday, January 3 – a nice long chat on the phone with my Mama :)

I hope you all enjoyed this week’s edition of Thankful Thursday! Now it’s your turn! What are you thankful for?

I am also thankful for all of you who have submitted high fives to me for tomorrow’s High Five Friday post! Please keep them coming! All you need to do is email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com with a description of your high five! Please read here for more information if you are new to High Five Friday :)

Love to you all!

Tags: ,

21 Comments

Caitlin

January 3, 2013

Oh babe this post made me grin from EAR TO EAR. Love you SO much. Loved texting you that evening I tagged you in that salad pic and sharing our love and appreciation for the special friendshp we have. LOVE LOVE LOVE

I will always love you, Cait <3

Kierston

January 3, 2013

Thankful for having met you Doll! xo

January 3, 2013

Awwww and some day in real life :) xoxoxo

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

January 3, 2013

It sounds like you have quite a bit to be thankful for! That’s awesome!

I’m thankful to have had a break over the holidays. It was much needed, and I am glad I was able to enjoy Christmas and New Years with friends and family without the stress of work.

GOtheXtraMile

January 3, 2013

You are too pretty, Meg!!

aww shucks xoxo

Heather (Where's the Beach)

January 3, 2013

So much to be thankful for! Love it and so cool meeting a new friend too!

Meghan@TheMeghamix

January 3, 2013

I am thankful that last night’s dinner fiasco got turned around!

I went home early with a plan to make dinner for my hubby…he’s an excellent cook and does most of our meals, but he had to work late so I found a recipe and wanted to make him bok choy/snow pea/shrimp stir fry. Well, the bok choy was going bad, so I tossed it. I totally ended up burning the oil and spices. I then ignorantly decided to carry on instead of starting over…which means the snow peas got coated in carcinogens from all the burned stuff. So my husband got home and told me we shouldn’t eat them cause they might make us sick. But then I didn’t wash the spoon before trying to at least make the shrimp…so those had to go, too!!!
    But he was really sweet and encouraging and thankfully we had a frozen pizza in the freezer. We covered it with salami and Jared made us kale smoothies so we could still get some veggies. Add in some Harry Potter on DVD and we ended up with a great night!

January 3, 2013

awwww I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!

sprint2thetable

January 3, 2013

I am thankful for having gotten to know you this year! You are such an inspiration… I’m even taking a rest day tomorrow in your honor. :)

January 3, 2013

WEOOOOOOOO I LOVE THIS!!!!!! TEXT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU AND AM SO PROUD OF YOU OMG

Anna @ The Guiltless Life

January 3, 2013

Glad you had a nice NYE celebration – personally, I always enjoy the quiet ones the best! I am so excited for 2013 and it sounds like you are too. We can always make a year whatever we want it to be! And PS, I feel you on the back today. I had the most brutal welcome-back-after-weeks-of-eating-and-not-working-out hot yoga class yesterday with a lot of vinyasas, and my back is SORE today!

January 3, 2013

We both have sore backs!! Haha! Get someone to massage you ;)

How did I miss that you have a husky? Our oldest is a lab/husky mix and we love both breeds. :) Today I’m thankful for another new coaching client!!

January 3, 2013

It’s my boyfriends Husky ;)

lifeasliv

January 3, 2013

I’m so happy you’re enjoying your growth day! (By the way, from now on, I’m totally replacing the word “rest” with “growth”:) ) You definitely have so much to be grateful for. Right now, I’m thankful for warm fuzzy socks and a roaring fire!

Sounds cozy babe :)

Lex

January 3, 2013

It’s seriously amazing that you host high five Friday and support as many bloggers as possible. Such a wonderful idea from such a sweet girl!

Awwww, thanks Lex <3

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen

January 5, 2013

I am thankful for posts like this that remind me to BE thankful. [If that makes sense. :)]

I had a VERY lowkey New Year’s, and although I do somewhat wish I had a boy to snuggle with, I agree that sometimes the couch and the TV is all you need. [NYE is overrated anyway in my opinion…]