hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

High Five Friday #47

Happy High Five Friday, friends! :)

Who is ready for a celebration!? 😉

We have so much to celebrate today! New HFF participants and many of my “surprise” high fives, too, so let’s get this party started! :)

The following high fives were submitted to me this week:

Krista – “This week I am giving both myself and my husband a high five because we bought our first house!”

Luvena – “I actually have several things to mention. I have been meaning to post but always forget lol. Here is my list (you don’t have to post all of these).

1. Finished James Wilson’s 24 week program.
2. Signed up for Bodybuilding.com’s 12 week transformation challenge.
3. Did yoga for the very first time New Years Day! LOVED it!
4. Finally tried Acorn squash. YUM!! Baked it up with brussel sprouts sprinkled with garlic powder, pepper and balsamic vinegar..oh my yummies!!!”

Meghan – “I had a HUGE personal success this week.  I have been hoping for like 6 months to RX a CrossFt workout called Grace.  On 1/1/13, I finally did!  Not only was it a ton of weight for me to lift, but I was able to get my mental game in gear which is often difficult for me.”

Amy – “My high five Friday submission is that next week I’m starting my Yoga Teacher Training program and I will be on my way to becoming a ceritfied 200-hour yoga instructor in June 2013!”

Lindsay – “Today deserves a BIG High Five! I’m finally back in Tampa, loving my new job and everyone I work with! They are the most welcoming group I’ve ever met and I can’t wait to learn and grow at such an amazing company! Double high fives! :)”

Deana – “My high five is taking the two day first aid and CPR course (again), but this time doing the Health Care Provider version, because I’ll need it for the future. I only got one question wrong! :)”

Devan – “I’m doing my first aid this weekend!”

Meg – “I’d like to give myself a high five this week for doing my fourth Polar Bear Swim AND finishing a 5k race in 25 mins… Ooh and I did them both on the same day! Starting the new year with a bang!”

Thank you for all of your submissions! :) If you’re interested in submitting a high five for next week’s post, but are new to HFF read here for more information.

The following high fives are for some of the accomplishments I’ve noticed throughout the week:

Jill attempted meatza pizza for the first time

Ashley @truetonefitness beat her goal of running 8 miles in 60 minutes

Jo invented a new appetizer recipe

Christina reached 5,000 Facebook fans

Kat tried boxing for the first time

Annelle plans on trying Crossfit in the near future to change up her fitness routine

Paige attended her first yoga class in Colorado

@girlmeetspaleo attempted (and succeeded) at rolling sushi rolls for the first time

Erin registered for the Saskatchewan Marathon

Krysten became a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador

Lori and Michelle’s cookbook became available on amazon.com

Courtney and her husband celebrated their 3rd wedding anniversary

Sarah went to the gym for the first time since August

Ali set a new PR during her 10K race

Laura began a “junk-free January” challenge for herself in order to accomplish her goals

Melissa scheduled her first appointment with a personal trainer

Sara began a “bulking” diet in order to achieve her goals for 2013

Julie is doing her first group WOD today

I will be giving myself a high five for setting a new deadlift PR at the gym this week! It felt so amazing.

Did you write your own HFF post? Link up below!

What are you giving yourself a high five for this week?

Remember to promote High Five Friday throughout the day by using the hashtag #high5fri :)

Tags: , ,

January 4, 2013

Love love love this!! Thanks so much for sharing! Can’t wait to check some of these blogs out!

Yay for a new PR this week Meg! This post always gets me so excited for everyone else’s accomplishments! So awesome to celebrate this. Happy Friday!

Thanks, sweetie xo

Linz @ Itz Linz

January 4, 2013

High five this week for taking 3 days off the gym when I wasn’t feeling well!

Good for you girl! xo

Sarah Davis

January 4, 2013

So nice to see HFF up and running at full throttle this week!! Can’t wait to try Jo’s new app recipe!

January 4, 2013

Thank you lady love for the high five :) It means SOOOO much to me. It is been a long haul with not training since August and it feels really good to get back into a more programmed routine… Kinda wish my doctors were on board but I’m taking a risk with going. To me, it’s worth it. If it starts to hurt I’ll cut back to just yoga and walking again, if I see health gains I’ll keep at it. So stoked :))! High Five to you for your post on thinking of rest days as growth days – so true! Keep killin it.

Love you babe! So proud of you. Just take care of yourself little miss <3

Happy High 5 Friday! I giving myself a high 5 for getting all my workouts in this week, even with holidays, snowboarding, and getting back to work. :)

January 6, 2013

That’s amazing! High five :)

January 4, 2013

Love this! So inspirational!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table

January 4, 2013

Thank you so much for including me! Junk-Free January is feeling SO good.

Congrats on the PR!!! You are so amazing – first week back with your trainer and you’re already making gains! Rock on, Twin!

Thanks, twin xoxo

January 4, 2013

Aw, yay deadlifts!!! They are SO much fun. Congrats on your PR, girl and thanks for hosting this!

January 4, 2013

yayyyy you’re so cute for putting these together! such a good way to celebrate friend’s successes! enjoy your weekend girl! xoxo!

January 6, 2013

Thanks, hun! I hope you had a great weekend, too

Alex @ therunwithin

January 4, 2013

Great high fives this week, congrats to all the ladies!

Love it!! So positive and inspiring! :)

Allison @ Life's a Bowl

January 4, 2013

This week is full of PR’s, such an awesome way to kick-off 2013! My high 5 for the week: listening to my body this week- it’s sick and needs rest so that’s exactly what I’m giving it :)

January 6, 2013

Major high five to you girl xox

January 4, 2013

wow, can i just say jo’s new recipe looks incredible?! love you babe, so many great high 5s this week, high 5 to you for being you!

January 6, 2013

Aw you are so sweet! Right back at ya hun

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige

January 4, 2013

Thanks for including me this week, Meg! High fives to everyone :)

Awe! Thanks hun! You’re too sweet. My first training session went great and I’m tackling a new diet plan starting tomorrow morning! Eek…so nervous about the things I’m giving up but really hopeful about the things I’ll gain!

January 6, 2013

I’m really looking forward to this adventure of yours! Keep me updated xoxo

Christina @ The Athletarian

January 4, 2013

You are wayyyyy to cute! You notice EVERYTHING!!! 😉 Congrats on the deadlift PR my love! That pic of Meg after the polar bear swim is awesome!!

Thanks sweetheart! Love you

January 4, 2013

i get teary eyed every time i read this! tears of HAPPINESS!

January 6, 2013

Awww this comment made me so happy. Love you

January 4, 2013

thank you always sister for sharing 😉 xoxo

Ali Mc

January 4, 2013

Oh Meg!!!! every time I scroll through a HFF I’m always blown away by everyone’s accomplishments – and I’m also ALWAYS surprised to find myself in the list 😉 lol

You are such an amazing person and I always love anyone that loves others just as much as they love themselves 😀 I hope we get to meet one day! xo

January 6, 2013

I sure hope we can meet up some time soon, too, love!

Hey Meg!

I’ve missed you :)

Happy New Year! High Five to me because I’m trying to get back into blogging

JOCELYN! I have missed you like CRAZY! Seriously – so much xo

January 7, 2013

Aw, thanks for the high five lady!