hey there, gorgeous!
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

A Week of Workouts

January 6, 2013 | Fitness, Training, Workouts | 30 Comments

Hey, friends!

Thanks for all of the excitement, support, and love on Friday! I sure do love writing those High Five Friday posts :)
If you’d like to be featured in this week’s High Five Friday please read here for more information on how to participate or, if you already know the drill, email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com! :) The more participants the better!

So, I’ve been thinking…

Now that I have a little bit lot more time on my hands since I am only taking one course this term, I want to begin devoting more time to A Dash of Meg.

I have a ton of post topics that I am passionate about and more than enough recipes to share! So, get ready for some great posts in the near future :)

Since Sundays are the last day before a new week, I thought Sundays could be the day I recap my week of workouts (and maybe share a workout or two that I’ve done during the week!)

This week, my training looked like this:

Monday: Chest and triceps

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Back

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Shoulders, biceps, and core

Saturday: Legs

Sunday: Rest

Yesterday I had a great workout with my personal trainer and I am definitely feeling it today. I increased the weight I use for hack squats, which made me incredibly happy! My personal trainer and I were both surprised, though – I was able to do the same amount of reps with 10 extra lbs.!

I guess you can say I released the beast during yesterday’s workout ;)

This is what we did:

01/05: Legs

Hack squats 3 sets of 12

Reverse hack squats 3 sets of 10

Single leg leg extensions 3 sets of 10

Lying leg curl 3 sets of 10

Standing single legged leg curl 3 sets of 12

Standing calf raise 3 sets of 10

Seated calf raise 3 sets of 10

Tomorrow I’ll be back at the gym for chest and biceps!

I hope you’re all having a great Sunday and maybe test out this workout for yourself! :) As always – let me know!

Will you enjoy a recap of my weekly workouts?

What was the best workout you did this week?

Tags: , , ,

30 Comments

Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness

January 6, 2013

Awesome leg work Meg!! I would LOVE to see your workouts weekly:) I know you push hard at the gym! :) XOXO

January 6, 2013

AWE!!! JESS!!!! I am so happy to hear from YOU and also happy to see that YOU want to know my workouts! Thanks

Love you girl xo

Kristen

January 6, 2013

Yes I will definitely enjoy a recap of your weekly workouts! Best workout I did this week was yesterday. Med ball slamsx10, prowler push 30 yards low handles, sledhammer swingsx10, prowler push 30 yards low handles as many times as I could in 20 minutes!

January 6, 2013

SOUNDS INTENSE!!!! I would love to push a prowler every once and a while

bryanna

January 6, 2013

I can’t wait to see what you have for us! Both recipes and workouts ;) do you do hacksquats on the machine or with a barbell?
    Thanks

Machine, girl! :)

Kierston

Awesome!

My best workout this week was…….my shoulders. I love training shoulders :)

Have a great day Doll!

xo

January 6, 2013

And you have amazing shoulders to prove your hard work ;)

Emily

Hey, Meg!

I was just curious, do you ever do any cardio? And if not, does this mean you don’t eat simple carbs like fruit?

Thanks for all your posts. :)
    – Emily

January 6, 2013

NO CARDIO! And yes! Fruit every day – it’s healthy!

Lindsay

January 6, 2013

That hat shows up in a lot of your photos! I love it, where did you get it??

January 6, 2013

Lol I wear it at the gym all the time. It gets me in my zone haha – I got it at National Sports or something… It’s UA

lifeasliv

January 6, 2013

Get it girl! Your beast mode sure is incredible. :)

LOL! Thanks sweetie pie

Kat

January 6, 2013

Great recap, you look awesome! I’m trying to incorporate more lifting into my running training plan, and it feels great! Thanks for linking up!

Awesome, Kat! Thanks for stopping by :) I really appreciate it xo

Carla

January 6, 2013

Are you dating your personal trainer?

Luvena

January 6, 2013

Can’t wait!!! Love seeing other workout ideas!!! Good job on those hacks. Gotta love that beast mode GRRRR. Oh and thank you for the high five mention!!! You rock! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :0).

Thanks sweetie :) xoxo

lynz

January 6, 2013

From one Canadian gal to another- you go girl!! Looking forward to hearing what you have in store for all of us! Keep it up and good luck with your class this semester!

January 7, 2013

Thanks Lynz!! xo

Adrenaline

January 6, 2013

I like the recap…however, it would be interesting to see how much weight you pushing, girl!

Too funny, I started sharing my workouts this week too! I love reading about what training others do, especially when it’s so different than my own. It’s so interesting and I think I’ll pick up new exercises too. :)

January 7, 2013

That’s funny we both started sharing our workouts at the same time!! There is actually a link up party I just found that takes place every Sunday for weekly workout recaps!! :)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish

January 7, 2013

Of course I LOVE this, sis!! I can’t wait to hear more about your training schedule. :) Congrats on increasing the weight on your hack squats, too! You’re killing it in the gym. I’m so proud of you <3 XOXO

January 7, 2013

Thanks sis xoxo

Ana

January 7, 2013

Find the new topic ‘week of workouts’ amazing. Don’t you miss cardio? I’m not sure but I think if I cut cardio, I would gain some. But I’m glad it works for you!
    Do you eat carbs other than fruits and vegetables?
    Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!
    Ana

January 7, 2013

I have never been a cardio girl. I think it’s so boring, so no :) I don’t miss it :) My goal is to build and gain and cardio won’t do that for me, so I just need to do what I’ve got to do :)

I eat a ton of carbs. I have carbs for 6 meals out of 7 during my day! Your body needs carbs to thrive and function its best :) It’s the preferred energy!!

xoxo

Alexandra

March 10, 2013

I am SO doing this workout today! I haven’t done hack squats in nearly FOUR YEARS!! I kinda miss them ;)