01/07: MIMM

01/07: MIMM

01/07: MIMM

January 7, 2013 | Marvellous Monday | 40 Comments

Well, it’s back to the grind stone today.

Ok, not really. Even though classes resume at my university today, I don’t have to get back into the books just yet. The single course that I am taking this term, Community Nutrition: Supervised Fieldwork and Research, doesn’t require any in-class lecture hours. So, all I need to do right now is email my professor today and set up a time to meet with her! My to do list isn’t overwhelming yet, but I am sure that things will become quite hectic as time goes on; however, it will be no where near as stressful as last term…

It’s going to be a great way to finish up my undergrad! I can’t believe I’m graduating this year with my Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition! I am quite excited and proud of myself ;)

Something else I am excited about is Marvelous Monday! :)

thehealthydiva

There are many things marvelous about my Monday already…

– A delicious breakfast

whipped cottage cheese and avocado blend sweetened with stevia and topped with quinoa

– My upcoming chest and biceps workout

– A tea date with my friend at noon (it’s Meg Monday and we always have tea together on these days!)

But, there was many marvelous events that occurred over the weekend, too!

– Dinner nights with my boyfriend! He spoils me so much! One night he made steak (I am loving it more and more these days!)and the next night he made me shrimp with a warm vinaigrette!

– Trying liver pate for the first time! It was delicious!

– Big snowflakes and walks with my favourite Husky <3

I’ve been enjoying my winter break so much, but it’s time to face reality and get back into somewhat of a routine. Today might be all fun and games – a workout, a tea date, etc., but I think I might be applying for a job later on this week! I’ll need something to keep me busy along with my one course this term.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Keep it marvelous! ;)

P.s. please start emailing me with your high fives for this week’s High Five Friday post! Read here for more information.

What’s marvelous about your Monday?

Are you back to work/school today?

Tags: , ,

40 Comments

Purelymichelle

January 7, 2013

good luck with your new class, sounds interesting

liver pate? liver is on my list to try next, one day

January 7, 2013

You must try liver :) I like it fried in a pan, but the pate form was great too, sis

Linz @ Itz Linz

January 7, 2013

I was back on Wednesday – boo!! But yes this marks my first full week back. Ohhh boy!!!

The steak looks fabulous! I crave red meat big time with my pregnancy!

Hope you have a great week love! <3

January 7, 2013

Thanks, Katie! Same to you :)

Sarah @PickyRunner

January 7, 2013

I’m not sure I’d be down to try anything with liver in it. Haha you’re brave! And yayyy for almost being done with school, I have another year left and I’m ready to begin the countdown :)

January 7, 2013

Mmmm, but liver is so good! You should try it ;)

Good luck on back to school today! I’ve been back to work for awhile now but remember back in college not going back until mid january and it was awesome! Happy Monday!

Thanks, Danielle :)

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach

January 7, 2013

What a marvelous weekend! I am constantly drooling over your Instagram pics of your yummo dinners! You do have an amazing man on your hands to be cookin up those meals!! Do you know where I can find one?! haha! Happy Monday mama! <3

January 7, 2013

HAHA! Come visit me and maybe I’ll find you someone ;)

Caitlin

January 8, 2013

Can I just say I really like how Maria and I both asked you where we can find some men? #weneedboys

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

January 7, 2013

What was the liver pate like?!? I’ve never tried it before–in fact, I’m not sure I know exactly what it is. Have a great Monday!

January 7, 2013

Mmmmm the pate was amazing. I’m not sure if you’ve ever had liver before, but I love it! It was spicy because it was peppercorn flavoured! SO GOOD!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots

January 7, 2013

soo exciting that you graduate this year!! your eats look delicious as well! P.s. when are we going to see pics of this mystery man of yours ;)

LOL soon maybe;)

Caitlin

January 7, 2013

your new class sounds so fun! jealous #nerd enjoy it baby! and seriously does your man know any friends who a) live in ct and b) can cook like him? YUM!

LOL! I don’t think so love! HAHAHAHAHA oh you are too cute. Love you

Caitlin

January 8, 2013

OH and I forgot to tell you I love liver pate. I had some this past summer. You know I tried it without hesitation :D loved it.

January 8, 2013

OBVIOUSLY! Gosh we need a pate night when I come to CT LOL

TorontoRunner

January 7, 2013

Gooood luck going back to classes – enjooy it! I miss university sooo much..”real” world is not for me. ha!

Awwww <3 !!!!!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish

January 7, 2013

I’m swooning over that cottage cheese and quinoa breakfast! It’s on my must-make list this week, and you’ll definitely know when it happens! <3

I'm even more convinced that I need to come to London and see the man whipping up these amazing meals in action. Lucky girl! But he's *really* the lucky one because he has YOU!

Have a fabulous Meg Monday! I wish I could join you for a cup of tea! <3 xoxo

January 7, 2013

You better tell me when you have the whipped cottage cheese with quinoa ;) It’s a favourite of mine right now and I NEED it every day haha.

Love you sis, chat soon xoxoxo

Allison @ Life's a Bowl

January 7, 2013

Congrats on your last semester of undergrad, enjoy it! And yum to all of your eats, minus the liver, I’m not sure I would be able to try it… Maybe if it was disguised as something haha :P

STEP OUT OF YOUR BOX AND TRY IT :D

Kierston

Back to working today!

You are marevelous person in my Monday :)

Such a sweetie you are

Sounds like you have a chef for a boyfriend!! I don’t know about the liver though girl….

Lol he is a chef!

Alex @ therunwithin

January 7, 2013

I have never had pate before, looks good though!

Try it, babe! :)

Ellie@Fit for the Soul

January 7, 2013

Oh goodness it’s so sweet your bf cooked for you, and mannn did he do a good job! I thought it was food from a restaurant :D And I hope your week goes well, and that your job application process is successful–it can get difficult sometimes but don’t be discouraged and keep pressing on.

Awwww Ellie you are so sweet – thank you

Eating 4 Balance

January 7, 2013

Good luck with your job application! I know I loved Winter break so much, but it’s good to be kept busy with something.

Love that your boyfriend cooks for you! And from your pictures it all looks pretty good :)

It’s all SO delicious ;)

Glad to hear you had a great break! <3

You SHOULD be so proud of yourself!!! You are working so hard and it will pay off for sure!

January 8, 2013

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen

January 8, 2013

SO much marvelous! Going back to work (in my case, elementary school) was SO hard yesterday, but there was something comforting about being back in my ‘routine.’ I felt like my workout was better, I made better meal choices…all the little things that get thrown out of whack on a long break. [Not that I didn’t love the laziness and relaxation. ;)]

Um. Cottage cheese + avocado? Wow, what a great idea. I actually got a free tub of cottage cheese with a coupon that I need to use…but I’m nervous since my stomach isn’t just a lactose fan. [I couldn’t resist FREE though…and I miss cottage cheese from my more strict vegan days.]

January 8, 2013

Oh you need to try cottage cheese and avocado! Hopefully your tum tum tolerates it :)

So happy you are loving being back in a routine – there really isn’t anything like it!!