01/28: MIMM

01/28: MIMM

01/28: MIMM

Did you know cuddling releases oxytocin?

Did you know oxytocin speeds wound healing and is associated with feelings of contentment, relaxation, and calmness?

I didn’t, but after reading this fun fact blog post I did. Along with 59 other random pieces of information that made me smile.
Seriously, how awesome is it that rats giggle when you tickle them, but you need a special piece of equipment to hear it because it is too high pitched?

jtf_rat

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I had to include the picture, haha.

Anyways, back to oxytocin. A lot must have been released throughout my body this weekend because it was incredibly relaxing!

Relaxing, but very much deserved after this week of workouts. My past week of workouts was incredible. My personal trainer told me it was my best week yet. I definitely owe it to the increased amount of food I’m taking in.

More food = more strength. More strength = happy Meg! :)

Another thing that makes me happy is good food!

Between my workouts and puppy cuddling this weekend, I was able to create a new recipe for you to try!

It’s an easy recipe, but don’t let that fool you because it’s absolutely delicious! I plan on having it multiple times this week…

Warm Butternut Squash and Kale Salad with Walnuts and Parmesan

1 cup cooked butternut squash, cubed

1 cup kale, torn

1 tsp walnut oil

salt

pepper

walnuts

parmesan cheese

Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add squash and kale. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté until squash becomes browned. Transfer to a dish and serve with parmesan cheese and walnuts on top.

An incredibly delicious side dish that you can make in minutes! I hope you give it a try :)

Have a Marvelous Monday, friends! :)

thehealthydiva

What is making your Monday marvelous?

I have a date with my person trainer at noon! I’ll be doing a chest and bicep workout and am more than ready for it!

Meg xoxo

If you have a submission for this week’s HFF please email me at adashofmeg@gmail.com. For more information read the HFF page

Today’s recipe will also be shared for Kierston’s Recipe Friday! :)

recipefridaywithcandyfit

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

41 Comments

That recipe looks delicious Meg!

Your pup is too cute! Dogs are wonderful, we might get one some day down the line, a baby on the way is enough work for right now!

Love you! Happy Monday!

Linz @ Itz Linz

January 28, 2013

YUM!! That does look so yummy!!

Natasha

January 28, 2013

Girl, you are looking amazing, healthy, and strong :)
    Seriously, good for you!!!

Besides the fact that it is cold and snowy here in Michigan, today will be a great day cuz I say so hahah. I have to tell myself that because I am seriously NOT a fan of snow…ick lol

January 29, 2013

Sarah Davis

January 28, 2013

It seems like every week, you’re reaching new PR’s and goals :) You look incredible!

Christina @ The Athletarian

January 28, 2013

Comments are working!! That salad looks amazing. I’m guessing nutritional yeast would make a good substitution for parmesan to make it vegan-friendly?! I think I might try it!

January 28, 2013

you know what!? I actually used VEGAN PARM!!!! :)

Christina @ The Athletarian

January 28, 2013

YES!! PS – check your settings again because I never got your reply emailed to me… I came back to check! :)

Picky Nicky

January 28, 2013

Walnuts on salad are so good!

Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog.

YUM!
    I have NEVER tried butternut squash. Crazy, I know!

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetiet

January 28, 2013

I did NOT know that cuddling releases oxytocin! No wonder I love cuddling so much :) Your salad looks delicious! I love the combo of squash and walnuts, yum!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots

January 28, 2013

gosh that dog is adorable!! That butternut squash and kale sounds and looks delicious! Sound like a lovely weekend

Sweetly Fit

January 28, 2013

mmhmmm. I definitely want to try that salad out! Happy Monday love!!

Meghan@TheMeghamix

January 28, 2013

Oooh, I love butternut squash! This looks amazing!

Anjali

January 28, 2013

Um..YUM! that butternut squash recipe looks amazing girl! I just bought cubed butternut squash so I’ll have to give this recipe a try!

Carley@OptimisticHealth

January 28, 2013

Oxytocin is amazing!! It allows for positive social interaction too! Ooh this recipe is great!! I even have squash in my fridge but its acorn squash. I wonder if that’d work?!

Marvelous in my Monday is the strawberry oats I devoured!! Have a marvelous Monday!!

January 29, 2013

Of course it would work! :)

Ellie@Fit for the Soul

January 28, 2013

awwww I reallllly want your dog!!! haha, your doggie is so adorable and gorgeous…what was the name again? :) And your tank top looks very comfy–is it Lulu or Under Armour?

January 29, 2013

Her name is Nikita and it’s a Lulu top :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

January 28, 2013

I love easy, yet delicious, recipes. Such great ingredients that I bet taste fabulous together. Happy Monday! It’s marvelous for me because I’m beyond thrilled to have registered for Blend!!! Gah! :)

Lindsay

January 28, 2013

Sounds so good and super easy! Definitely trying this week.

Alex @ therunwithin

January 28, 2013

holy moly that warm salad looks good!

Oooooh that recipe looks amazing. Yumm!

Great work, girl. You’re hot <3

Lauren

January 28, 2013

Girl, you are RIPPED. Congrats and I’m glad snuggling release oxytocin because I spend about 3/4 of my day cuddling with my puppy! haha.

Lisa

January 28, 2013

I love that magenta colour on you. Beautiful as always! Yum to that recipe!! I love the combo of the butternut with kale, it sounds awesome! I have a few recipes of yours saved, I need to try them asap! Love youuuu!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige

Looking marvelous, Meg!!

Yellow Haired Girl

January 28, 2013

Sounds like a good reason to keep cuddling ;) love that pink on you, girl!

Look at your ARMS!!! Those might be the sexiest arms I have ever seen on anyone…EVER…And I’ve seen Ryan Reynolds half naked on numerous occasions ;)

January 29, 2013

You’re HILARIOUS! Thanks girl

Purelymichelle

cute pic of you two ;)

and that is my type of meal, yum!

IHeartVegetables

Ohhh THAT’S why I love cuddling ;) hahaha

lifeasliv

January 28, 2013

Butternut squash is the bomb! I’ve recently been adding it to my salads and it adds such an awesome flavor! Lov this recipe. :)

Did you know I think we both spend a large percentage of our lives cuddling with puppies? I don’t hate it. You look amazing! You’re pretty much a personal trainer’s dream, haha.

January 29, 2013

Haha! That’s what my PT says!

Health, Love, and Chocolate

January 28, 2013

Mmm, your recipe looks great as usual. Is the adorable dog that is always popping up in your pictures yours? So cute!

January 29, 2013

It’s my boyfriend’s dog :)

Jen

January 29, 2013

Loved these fun facts…and the picture of the giggling rat! :)

Also, congrats to you on all that you have been accomplishing…you are amazing (and look fantastic too)!

January 29, 2013

Aw, thanks Jen!

Oh wow, two of my favorite foods are squash and kale. I’m all over this!

Do you think Joe would let me get pet mice so I can tickle them?

February 3, 2013

HAHA! Let me know if he does ;)

Kierston