High Five Friday #51

by Meg on January 31, 2013

Well, it’s officially Friday! :D

highfivefriday

Who’s ready for the 51st celebration of High Five Friday!? :)

Once again, thanks for making the 50th HFF the biggest yet! I love you all and your support is incredible! It always blows me away! Seriously, it always blows me away! Like now. We have a huge HFF once again, so let’s get started! :)

Alek – “I’m giving myself a high five for living an being social. For deciding to not run but instead hang out with people. Also for running one day in 4 degree weather!”

Lucie – “I went to Spain for a short holiday and did great workouts with the sunset every day at the beach!!”

bena-2013-092 bena-2013-129

Amanda – “After struggling with my health for the last year, I am finally starting to feel better. Thus I decided it was time to lay it all on the line in my training and for the ING Miami Half Marathon. I still faltered at mile 11, but my efforts paid off with a 2 minute PR and the confidence that I can do even more in 2103!”

379362_503113376408053_1612767319_n

Dolce – “I would like to give myself a high five this week for signing up for James Wilson’s Body Earned 12 week training program. I have always been so hesitant to sign up for training/nutrition programs, but I went for it! My personal goals are to build muscle and to lean out a bit (helloooo summertime!). The workouts are NO JOKE, but I love a good challenge! Can’t wait to see some results. :)”

dolceflex

Gianna - “I would like to give myself a high five for making the move off of Staten Island TODAY Feb 1st!

I just hit my 1 year mark a month ago at my job and I’ll FINALLY be moving into Manhattan!

I’ll be a lot closer to work and I’ll have more time to train, volunteer, and update my blog with recipes!
Any cute apartment/storage ideas for an NYC apartment please feel free to throw some suggestions my way! (GiannaFae@gmail.com) :)

I would also like a high five for making Coconut Flour Biscuits! (which you can find the recipe here)
It’s great for a bacon, egg, and avocado sandwich, or a spread of almond butter and jam. It’s even the perfect pair to chilli or soup!”

555156_3602815673806_239350588_n

photo 2-3

Cassie – “I’d like to give myself a high five this week.  I had a performance eval today at work, and not only did it go glowingly well, I’m also receiving a raise, and my boss told me I’m on track for a promotion.  I am truly lucky to have my job, and grateful to know that I am recognized as an asset for my hardwork.”

Lindsay -

high five friday 8 collage

Meg – “I’m giving myself a High Five this week for surviving another move! I didn’t have a place to move into on Monday morning and was feeling stressed and discouraged but when I finally prayed about it and released the anxiety I found a place and moved on Tuesday morning! Miracle! You can read more about it here: http://thecompostcook.com/2013/01/29/it-can-all-change-overnight/

Here’s photo that I made after surviving Monday:”
20130129-112320
Becki – “This week I hit 1,000 followers on Twitter! I can remember when I was hoping for 200, so this was a huge deal for me.”
Twitter followers
Thank you for all of your submissions! :D I love seeing my inbox become filled with high five submissions as the week goes on! It’s so exciting! And high five to Lindsay for getting so creative with her submission ;) So cool!
If you wrote your own HFF post please link up below!

But wait! HFF isn’t over yet! We still have my “surprise” high fives to get through! ;)
Throughout the week I try to take note of accomplishments that others have made. Here is what I’ve noticed this week:
Lindsay’s husband shot his first quail!
388574_10152460283835290_2038532646_n

Brittany set new PR’s during her leg workout!

539234_598056590219877_394476317_n

Becki recorded her first vlog!

Katelyn set a new PR for snatches!

Carlyn is starting a new career!

Wendy set a new PR!

Kate was accepted to the University of Texas-Austin

Lori did a headstand after practicing very diligently lately!

yoga-headstand

Linz tried kombucha for the first time!

Heather tried a new-to-her cereal this week!

Kristen completed a marathon!

Whitney made a healthy version of Chinese fried rice for the first time!

Lisa’s Mom earned a medal at a Crossfit competition!

Madeline is noticing progress as she practices balances and inversions!

Abby did box jumps using a 20 inch box during a WOD for the first time!

Alicia completed her first three mile run in a long time!

Julie RXed her WOD this week!

I’m giving myself a high five for…

1. Trying acorn squash for the first time!

2. Motivating myself through my workout on Wednesday without my personal trainer

3. Writing an article for a contest!

Have a great Friday, friends, and don’t forget to tell me about your achievements all day long! Use the hashtag #high5fri to help make the celebration spread! :)

Love you!!

Lisa February 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Woooo! Loving all the positivity and things accomplished! Always a great way to start the Friday! Or in my case now, Thursday night;)
Proud of everyone!
And congrats on writing the article for a contest, that’s great!

Lucie February 1, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Love it! Thank you for including me!!

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM

No no! Thank you for your submission dearie!!! I hope you send more!!!!!! :D

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 1, 2013 at 5:13 AM

You tried acorn squash for the first time?!?! Hope you liked it! I just had some two nights ago. Roasted in the oven . . . yum! :) Great roundup this week. Happy Friday!

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I think acorn is my new fav now!!!!! :D

Linz @ Itz Linz February 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM

tell gravity to suck it – LOL!! seriously made me laugh out loud!!

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I’m confused?? :)

Tiff February 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

So much good running, cross-fitting, quail-shooting action here! :D Happy Friday!

Jo @ LivingMintGreen February 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Did you love the acorn squash? Butternut & kabocha are still my faves. :) I’m giving myself a High 5 for a bunch of new things I tried this week! Snowboarding, xcountry skiing, TRX, & baking a chcoolate quinoa cake! I NEED A MASSAGE. Hahaha
Have a good weekend, Meg. xo

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

LOVED ACORN! I used to say bnut was my fav, but JO!!!!!!!!! Acorn beat it! I think I got a REEEALLY sweet one :)

WOW! I wish I knew you tried all of these things :( You MUST submit a high five next time!!!!!!!!! Babe!!!!! Come on!!!!!! :D

Amanda @RunToTheFinish February 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM

as always huge love for this series!!

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

So happy :) And sooooo happy you submitted!

Carly D. @ CarlyBananas February 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Love these posts, Meg :)

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

yay! that makes me so happy :)

Lex February 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

So awesome!!

Kierston February 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Oh how much I love these!!! High fives al around!

p.s. I posted my recipe I told u about that resembled yours from the other day! Great minds taste alike ;) xoxox

Have a great weekend Doll <3

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Checking it out right now!!! Sorry I haven’t been on the computer much lately, so I missed it! :(

Alex @ therunwithin February 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

you had never had acorn squash before? I hope you loved it!

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

LOVED IT BABY! New fav I think!

cottercrunch February 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM

oh my gosh, my husband is gonna love this! You are fabulous! proud wife right here! love YOU

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

haha I hope he enjoyed this :)

Lauren February 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I love everything about HFF. I just think it’s an awesome concept and I love reading about everyone’s individual accomplishments!

Meg February 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

YAY! Thanks Lauren :) I’m soooo happy you love it!

Whitney @ Whit Likes Fits February 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Thank you for the high five!!! Hope you’re having a great weekend.