hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

Surprise Slow Cooker Success

February 27, 2013 | Dinner, Eat, Food, Lunch, Recipes, Uncategorized, WIAW | 45 Comments

Good morning, loves! :)

Before I share today’s tasty recipe for What I Ate Wednesday, I want to say thank you to all of you for your love and support yesterday <3

It truly means the world to me. Time and time again ending my blog career has crossed my mind, but blogging is something I love and I will never let anyone take that love away from me. Plus, all of the love I got from you yesterday only solidified that decision :)

It just boggles my mind how people can waste so much energy on hating. Why not spend your energy loving?

I waste no time hating, so let’s get on with it! It’s time for me to share a new recipe I made that I absolutely love and I know you will, too! :)

Last week I decided to pull out my slow cooker and make a comforting stew to warm me up from the cold weather we’ve been getting here in London.

Surprisingly, after just throwing random ingredients from the fridge into the slow cooker, along with a rotisserie chicken, I had an amazing stew that stole my heart! :)

Rotisserie Chicken Mexican Stew

1 rotisserie chicken, pulled apart, deboned, skinned, and shredded

1 – 1.5 lbs. grape tomatoes, pulsed in a blender

1/2 cup favourite salsa (I used Herdez)

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

1/4 cup canned jalapeรฑos, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp smoked paprika

1 tsp italian seasonings or dried herbs

Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and let it simmer! The longer it simmers, the better it gets! :)

Mine got pretty spicy after allowing all of the flavours to mingle together for about five hours, so I topped it will full fat Greek yogurt and avocado to tame it down ๐Ÿ˜‰

Another amazing combination is this stew with a side of avocado toast ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know my girls would approve ๐Ÿ˜‰ We love our avocado toast!

What is your favourite slow cooker recipe? Send it my way please! :)

Have you tried avocado toast yet? If not, you’re missing out!

Have you sent me a high five for this week’s High Five Friday yet? If not, well, you should probably get on that ๐Ÿ˜‰ย

For more information about HFF read here.

Love you all and thanks again for your support!

p.s. don’t forget to enter my Quest Bar giveaway!

wiawphotobutton

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

45 Comments

Tiff

That stew looks soooooo good! No haters gonna’ hate that! ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 28, 2013

lol thanks babe you’re hilarious

IHeartVegetables

February 27, 2013

I still need to try some new things in my slow cooker! I bought one but haven’t used it much, yet!

Happy Wednesday Meg!

February 28, 2013

break it out! i am always so pleased with the turn out!

Lisa

February 27, 2013

Yum! This looks super tasty! I still have yet to use my slow cooker for some reason, I keep meaning too.
    I adore avocado toast, it’s super tasty with a little sprinkle of sea salt too.

February 28, 2013

I think that would be too salty for me! lol

Sarah Davis

February 27, 2013

Looks delicious! Slow cooker recipes are the best, aren’t they? For the rotisserie chicken, you just mean the ones that are already cooked at the grocery store?

February 27, 2013

You bet! :) Just a different way of using it up!! :)

Linz @ Itz Linz

February 27, 2013

slow cookers are the best!! my favorite thing to do is just throw chicken, salsa, onion, chicken broth, and sometimes other veggies in there and let it cook all day! so many ways to enjoy it!!

This recipe looks awesome! I really need to get a slow cooker. I keep seeing such amazing recipes :)

Susie

I want. On my body.

Mmmmm Meg this looks deeeeeelicious! And we agree – avocado on toast is simply one of the best food combos since PB and J!

Picky Nicky

February 27, 2013

I love slow cooked foods :) My dad makes the best hungarian slow cooked meat!!! And about avocado toast, it’s the PERFECT food!!! Try it with some sea salt and black pepper! I also sometimes add lemon

MMMMMM This is a MUST try!

EverdayLivingPNW

Looks tasty…

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist

February 27, 2013

That stew looks amazing! I love simple recipes that turn out so comforting. Plus, cooling it down with yogurt and avocado is perfect :)

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach

February 27, 2013

OmG! That looks sooo yummy! And with avocado toast for the win! Yay girl!!! Best thing ever!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

February 27, 2013

Looks delicious, Meg. I love all things spicy!! And it wasn’t until this winter season that I’ve fully embraced the slow cooker. Why didn’t I use it sooner?!? It’s such a great time saver, and always tastes great.

February 28, 2013

lol i always think “why don’t I used my slow cooker more!?”

cottercrunch

February 27, 2013

oh me oh my, i want this with that toast! care to come make it for me?

i would love to :)

Susan (susonia.com)

February 27, 2013

That chicken stew looks soooo good! I never thought of using rotisserie chicken for any of my slow cooker chicken dishes! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely try this! And avocado on bread is also a staple for us. ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 28, 2013

it was awesome! just a different way of using up the chicken! :)

Anonymous

February 27, 2013

Wow… You are kind of a jerk… If she’s so annoying, stop reading her blog. Meg is actually pretty awesome and super motivational. I love High Five Friday.

Holly V

February 27, 2013

this is also know as cyberbullying

Holly V

known*

C

February 27, 2013

You have no obligation to post these comments. And frankly, they’ve said their piece all over the web. May I recommend you go back to moderated comments before these people turn your comments section into a battlefield? Really, you’ve listened to enough.

i have listened to enough, C, and they are GONE ๐Ÿ˜€

Jo @ LivingMintGreen

February 27, 2013

This looks so awesome Meg! I’m going to try this soon – I’ve been wanting to make a chicken-based chili for a while & this looks perfect! xoxo

February 28, 2013

this makes me so happy! I need to try so many of your recipes xoxo

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetiet

February 27, 2013

Yum! I am totally on an avocado/toast kick right now! Addictinggggg

Debbie (Accidently Delish)

February 27, 2013

i loved we were basically crock pot food twins that night.
    looks amazing!!

February 28, 2013

haha i thought that was crazy too!

Emily

February 27, 2013

I have a slow cooker and I rarely ever use it! It’s a shame because it’s sooo easy and the results are always delicious. This definitely inspired me to whip it out again this weekend!
    And avocado toast is HEAVEN- end of story. (:

February 28, 2013

yay! let me know what you make this weekend :)

Anna @ Your Healthy Place

February 27, 2013

Slow cooker recipes are the best! I miss my slow cooker, I really have to bite the bullet and just get a new one now that I’ve moved cities. Yum!

BroccoliHut

February 27, 2013

Slow cookers really are magical, aren’t they? The stew looks awesome!
    I’m working on a slow cooker recipe for a bean salad to post on my blog tomorrow…so stay tuned!

February 28, 2013

perfect! i will check it out girl!! xoxo

Allison @ Life's a Bowl

February 28, 2013

I always love the results of slow cooker recipes and how easy they are, but hardly make them – definitely need to start making more! And avocado toast is tasty, even tastier with a little sprinkle of parm cheese ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 28, 2013

parm cheese! that sounds amazing! doing that ASAP! every one tells me to sprinkle sea salt, but parm sounds SO much better to my taste buds

Caitlin

February 28, 2013

That avocado toast looks SOOOO GOOD and I love this post’s title! Alliteration all around. Congrats on being a Healthy Chick in the Community today, my dear.

Jess

February 28, 2013

That soup looks delicious. It never occurred to just use pre-made rotisserie chicken. Duh, Jess…Tanks for the inspiration : )

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast

March 2, 2013

Oh yum! This looks fantastic. I was just making my menu plan… need to try this soon. So sorry about the haters- I agree, such wasted energy. Keep doing what you’re doing!

30. Pingback: Mexican Slow Cooker Chicken | Running Tool