Well, today is my last full day here in Barbados which means I will be soaking up as much sun, fun, and excitement as possible! However, I’m not sure exactly how much lying around on the beach I will be doing today…
On Tuesday I fell asleep on my back on the beach and yesterday I fell asleep on my stomach under the hot blazing sun, so now my lobster
tan burn is evened out and I may have to consider wearing a few more articles of clothing other than just my bathing suit.
Let’s just say last night’s sleep wasn’t the most comfortable one and the very first thing I did this morning was lather up with aloe vera
Today is also our last day of guest posts and we have a great recipe coming from a new blend of mine!
Enjoy and give Kim a warm welcome to A Dash of Meg
Hi all! I’m Kim and I blog over at Hungry Healthy Girl where I share recipes, fitness tips, workouts and everything else. I absolutely love A Dash of Meg and I’m so honored to be guest posting for her while she’s having a blast vacationing!!
Spring is one of my favorite times of the year with the warmer air and flowers in bloom! In Texas it’s definitely starting to warm up and with the warmer weather, my husband and I are taking our meal prep outdoors and making good use of our grill. This is one of my favorite meals to come from our grill so far. Don’t worry, though, if you don’t have a grill….the shrimp can be cooked in a skillet too.
Shrimp Tacos (serves 4, two tacos each)
• 2 teaspoons paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 8 (6-inch) tortillas (I use La Tortilla brand.)
• Favorite taco toppings; such as tomato, avocado, corn, salsa, black beans, peppers, onions, cheese, and Greek yogurt
1. Combine paprika with the next 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake well to coat. Remove shrimp. If grilling shrimp, place shrimp on skewers.
2. Heat grill, grill pan or skillet over high heat. Coat grill or pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes per side or until done.
What’s your favorite thing to do in the spring time? Do you have a spring bucket list going? Here’s a look at some stuff I want to do before the end of the season….
Please come over to Hungry Healthy Girl to check out more quick, easy and nutritious recipes! Thanks so much for having me, Meg! XOXO Kim
Thanks for the delicious recipe, Kim! One of the best parts of spring time is definitely grilling, so you can bet that I’ll be trying this recipe once back from vacation!
What is your favourite thing to grill? Do you like shrimp tacos? What is on your spring bucket list? My parents are shipping my mountain bike to me from Saskatchewan! So I plan on doing some bike trips with my boyfriend this summer
See you tomorrow!