hey there, gorgeous!
weekly nourishment and
receive my free guide:
How To Fall In Love
With Yourself

My New Mizuno’s & Sprint WOD

August 7, 2013 | Fitness, GPP, Review, Training, workout | 44 Comments

I’m so happy with the feedback I’ve been receiving after my GPP posts! Thank you for sending me questions, so I could develop yesterday’s Q&A as well as the What Is GPP and GPP vs. CrossFitย posts. I hope you’ve learnt a lot, but if you have any more questions please let me know! :)

Today we’re switching things up. We’re still talking fitness, but more specifically, we’re talkingย new fitness apparel and new workouts! :)

When I was in Utah last week, I looked down at my feet after a trail hike with Candice and Maria and noticed that my trusty New Balanceย Minimus running shoes had huge holes on each side.

No bueno.

So, off to Salt Lake Running Company it was!

When at Salt Lake Running Company, I ran on a treadmill and was filmed while running. The film of me running was played back afterward and my feet were analyzed as I ran. This is called biomechanical analysis and helps the employees of Salt Lake Running Company match the right pair of running shoes and insoles to my feet.

After trying on the two pairs of shoes matched perfectly for my feet, I chose to purchase the Mizunoย Wave Rider 16‘s. They are made for normal pronation, are lightweight, and fit my narrow feet perfectly! Like I said, they were my perfect match ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yesterday, I tested them out for the first time during the new sprint WOD I created!

400m sprint

50 OH lunges (R+L = 2)

400m sprint

50 curl carry lunges (hold plate with arms bent at 90 degrees)

400m sprint

50 weighted walking lunges (hold plate in each hand)

400m sprint

50 weighted walking lunges

400m sprint

This WOD was based off of the GPP WOD done yesterday called Lemon. I used a 25 lb. plate for OH and curl carry lunges and 10 lbs. in each hand for the last two sets of lunges. I’m proud of myself for adapting a GPP WOD to work for myself and environment! ๐Ÿ˜€ It made me feel great, confident, and sweaty! Let me know if you give it a try :) It’s a toughie ๐Ÿ˜‰

That is my “that was tough” face ๐Ÿ˜‰

And don’t forget to refuel afterward because food is fuel and we need to nourish our bodies, so they can be optimally healthy! ๐Ÿ˜€

Remember, our workouts are meant to serve us, we do not serve our workouts and the same goes for food! Food serves us! We do not serve food; it is not our master. It provides to us!

While refuelling after my sprint WOD, I couldn’t help but think about my new Mizuno’s! They made me feel great while sprinting. I felt a lot more support while running and I didn’t feel as fatigued afterward. I felt strong the whole way through! :)

I’m so happy with my new running shoes! Thanks, Mizuno and Salt Lake Running Company! ๐Ÿ˜€

What are your favourite running shoes? Do you own a pair of Mizuno’s? Have you ever had biomechanical analysis done when being fit for your running shoes?ย

Will you try my sprint WOD?ย

Have a great day friends! Keep smiling! ๐Ÿ˜€

p.s. don’t forget that we’re already half way through the week, which means High Five Friday is almost here! Not sure what High Five Friday is? Read more here and then email me your high five to adashofmeg@gmail.com :)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

44 Comments

Those shoes are too cute! I am LOVING the bright color!

thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

Linz @ Itz Linz

August 7, 2013

can’t ever go wrong with mizunos!! great shoes!!

I freaking LOVE Mizunos! I have ever since I was first fitted for them nearly 5 years ago at a running store in New Jersey. I’ve tried others as well but when those didn’t support me as well, I always went right back to my Mizunos!

August 10, 2013

i don’t think i’ll ever get anything else either, katie!!

Lawrence

August 7, 2013

I am a big fan of New Balance, but I got some Mizuno’s and Brooks for the wife and she loves them.

I gotta try your WOD though…thanks! :)

August 10, 2013

let me know how you like it!

Danielle

August 7, 2013

Love the sneakers! I’m all about my sneakers, they make such a difference in how my workout goes!

i couldn’t agree more ๐Ÿ˜€

Toni

August 7, 2013

I just switched from my brooks adrenaline to the Mizuno Wave Rider 16’s as well. I got fitted as well and absolutely love them!

twins! ๐Ÿ˜€

Lucie

August 7, 2013

I love your new shoes, they’re so pretty! And biomechanical analysis is great, I did this for my new purchase too.

August 10, 2013

awesome! what did you get!? :)

Lucie

August 11, 2013

Asics! Nothing extraordinary, but they just really do it for me!

Lindsay

I have two pairs of those babies. They’re the best out there ๐Ÿ˜€

lol! i couldn’t agree more ๐Ÿ˜‰

Elle

August 7, 2013

I have been running in Wave Creation 13 this past year and love them. Great to get your gait analyzed.

Checking out the GPP site now.

August 10, 2013

i hope you fall in love with gpp ๐Ÿ˜‰ i have a lot of info on my blog, too!

Kelsey Yoki

August 7, 2013

My favorites are what you bought! I have the same ones, and used them to run my first half-marathon this year! I loved them so much I convinced my dad to buy the men’s version when he needed to running shoes.
    Wish my back wasn’t so sore, or I think I would try that sprint WOD!

awwww :( well i hope your back gets better soon sweetie <3

Emily

August 7, 2013

Mizuno’s are my go-to’s for distance, but sadly they’re no longer making the Precisions and Elixirs- my fav :( Super light though, for sure. These days though, I’m more about quick HIIT workouts, or track sprints, and prefer my Frees for that.

Nikki @ Grab Your Kicks

August 7, 2013

My first and current pair of running shoes are Mizuno Wave Elixir 8’s. I love the breathable material and stretchy toe box. They didn’t tape me, but watched me walk barefoot and run.

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners

August 7, 2013

I have a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 15’s and 16’s…I prefer the 16’s…but my fav. running shoe is still the Saucony Kinvara

definitely trying to Sprint WOD! :)

August 10, 2013

wooooohooooo ๐Ÿ˜€ that makes me so happy!

Too cute! I need to go get re-analyzed for new shoes soon too. Maybe after my birthday (this Sunday!!) I’ll do that! :) Present to myself

i think that’s an amazing present to yourself ๐Ÿ˜‰

Molly

August 7, 2013

I love your new runners. I’ve gone to “The Running Room” a few times to be fitted because at one point I was running a lot more and I like you, have narrow feet that are hard to fit properly. That’s so cool that they video taped you so that you could find a shoe that was supportive.

I love those shoes. I think the brighter the better!

Kait @ChickadeeSays

August 7, 2013

Oh I will have to try those sneakers! I have what I call “Barbie feet” super narrow with absurdly high arches and am always looking for a pair of shoes that is narrow enough!

xx Kait

Gait analysis is THE best way I know to get your running shoes fitted. That’s so important and something that causes way too many unnecessary injuries. yay for new gear!

I run in Mizuno’s too! I need to buy a new pair, but I am waiting until September so that they will be the perfect amount of worked-in for my next half :)

I love sprint WOD’s! I feel like I get more of a workout when I combine running with weights or circuits so these type of WOD’s are typically my favorite! Thanks for sharing!

let me know if you try it ๐Ÿ˜€

Kinni

August 8, 2013

I have those exact shoes :)

They are extra cool because they are the same ones Wendy Davis wore for her filibuster!

August 10, 2013

that’s so cool! we are twins!

Eva

August 8, 2013

I have the same pair of mizunos– love them so much! the brightness, the lightness, everything about them :)

August 10, 2013

haha we are twins! ๐Ÿ˜€ awesome!

24. Pingback: Health Update

Jo @ Living Mint Green

August 8, 2013

I haven’t tried Mizunos yet – I’ve tried some on in the past and loved how lightweight they were, but they didn’t feel quite right, so I went with Nike Frees instead. Oh man they are SO comfortable.

my mom has those ones ๐Ÿ˜€

Kim Perry

August 8, 2013

I just bought 2 new pairs of Mizunos! I can’t believe it took me this long to find the perfect shoes for me! They feel incredible :) And I can’t wait to try your sprint workout!

August 10, 2013

let me know when you do babe :) xoxo

27. Pingback: Tuesday Truths