Meg In A Bar

by Meg on August 13, 2013

I’ve lived in London for the past 3 years, but this past Friday night was the very first time I’ve ever spent an evening at a bar. I know what you’re thinking and it’s true. I am such a wild child.

DSC_0344

My boyfriend and I decided to breakout of our usual routine of Food Network watching Friday night and go downtown to Call The Office to watch our friend’s band play in the Ramonesarama event.

1003743_10151836314098343_1376109697_n

Before our friend’s band hit the stage, we listened to two other bands before his.

DSC_0324

DSC_0333

Each band had to play songs from The Ramones.

By midnight it was our friend’s band, Johnny Terrien and the Bad Lieutenants, turn to play.

DSC_0357

All of the bands were so amazing and incredibly talented, but it was really special to see our friend, Mike, playing the lead guitar for his band.

DSC_0363

Even though “the bar scene” was something so new to me, I really enjoyed it. It was fun to go out with my boyfriend and listen to new music. We even brought our new camera with us (we just bought ourselves a Nikon D3100) and took some really cool pictures of our night.

DSC_0340

Mike’s band plays again at a bar in September, so we’ll be going to watch him again. I am really excited for their next concert because they will be playing their music instead of songs from The Ramones.

So there you have it. I am no longer a London-bar-virgin anymore!

Anyone wanna go out this weekend? ;) Cause apparently I do that sort of stuff now. Haha.

Have a great day, friends! And don’t forget to laugh at yourself once and awhile and always, always smile! :D

Love,

Do you like going out to bars? Do the bars you go to play live music? Did you do anything new this weekend?

Linz @ Itz Linz August 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM

itz definitely been awhile since i’ve been out to the bars… my cousin plays in a band and we love going to see him!

lindsay August 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM

haha good for you! it’s all about having fun and supporting friends anyway.

Lucie August 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Sounds like such a great night! When I was your age, I used to go out at least 3 times a week. Now, that I am a lot older (:-)) I prefer quieter nights, or BBQ with friends or stuff like this. Does not mean I don’t go out at all – 2-3 times a month you can find me in a bar or at a party, especially on vacation . It’s good for the mood = increases happiness!!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables August 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM

That sounds like fun, Meg! If I ever find myself in London, I’ll be sure to grab a drink with you ;)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 13, 2013 at 8:15 AM

You go girl!! There’s nothing like live music, nothing – doesn’t matter if it’s at a bar, club or arena. :)

Kylee @ Lifting in Lipstick August 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Haha, I never find the time to go out anymore, but I do miss it. It looks like you had a blast, though! This weekend I drove to an IKEA for the second time ever to pick up a few last-minute things for the move this upcoming Saturday, and the nearest one is four hours away (I think…the one in Toronto may be a bit closer but we didn’t want to deal with customs and a car full of furniture boxes) so that was quite a road trip!

Nikki @ Grab Your Kicks August 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I used to go out in college, but afterwards it lost the appeal. Sometimes it is fun to get out there again. It’s always great to grab a drink with friends or check out some new music! We usually trade going out in favor of “shark tank” on friday nights though. We’re so cool.

Amanda @runtothefinish August 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I’ve never been a huge bar person, mostly because I don’t like smelling like smoke and I don’t drink. But I do love live music and it’s fun to shake things up now and then with a new scene!!

Molly August 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Bars and Clubs are not my scene – occasionally I trick myself into thinking I’d be fun to get on my feet and dance, but I much prefer a coffee shop or dancing around in my room. Glad you broke out of your norm and tried something new. I think going with a purpose might change my enjoyment. Yeah for a new camera. You’ll enjoy it I just know.

Hannah @ TalesFromTheLastFrontier August 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Bars and clubs were definitely more my thing in college! Ha ha. Now, I am in the same routine that you mentioned above. Movies or Food Network on a Friday night with the fiancé. Occasionally I will head out if a fun local band is playing though and you can’t go wrong with a little live music :) The Ramones are pretty awesome too, so I bet it was a fun show! Woo-hoo for trying something new!

GiGi Eats Celebrities August 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Much like you, and I am a TOTAL wild child…. LMFAO – I HATE BARS! Especially when I am SINGLE! The guys there are so sleezy! I swear, I am destine to be single FOREVER! lmfao!

**Cute boyfriend btw!

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach August 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I used to be quite the bar/club girl in my earlier years and maybe my pre 21 years. I still go to the local bars, but only when there is a reason for me to go there, ie a birthday, get together, band, etc. Live bands are always fun and I’m glad you were able to experience the scene! Seems like it was great!

L August 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM

sounds like a fun time, I love live music!

Do you are your boy friend live together? Just curious since you mentioned you have a dog together :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM

The title alone cracked me up! I’m not a bar person unless it’s a live nusic thing. I much prefer going out for a long, swanky dinner and maybe stopping for a nightcap and dessert on the way home.

Lisa August 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Haha, good for you for getting outside your comfort zone and going to a bar! I definitely am a mix of loving bars and also loving at home time. Typically I do the Friday night chill at home with a few friends and Saturday I go to the bar. It’s always a fun time;)

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners August 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Well I have been born and raised in London…and I have never been to Call the Office…so you’ve got one up on me ;)

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition August 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I’m not the biggest bar person- although I have my moments a few times a year where I actiually want to go out. I love listening to live music and dancing though.

Seems like a lot of fun!

Glad you rocked the headband out ; )

Adrienne August 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Looks like fun, sweetie!

Are you still in your workout clothes?? I thought you only worked out in your headwraps!

purelytwins August 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM

ya for doing someting new ;)
love being able to go listen to live music, even better when I know someone playing!!
BTW you two are super cute!! #justsayin

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate August 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Considering I just turned 21 a little while ago, I haven’t exactly explored the bar scene near me, but I hear it is a little gross haha. Your night looks like fun though!

christina August 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I go out a lot. Probably too much but I just can’t stop socializing, haha! Yay for the new camera! I have the same one.